Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 5/20

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited May 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home since it isn't allowed in the dailies. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier? 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: TFAS w/o 5/20

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 7/10? Been trying since Jul/Aug of 2017

WTO/TWW? Benched since Feb until Aug

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 1/2

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m lightly tracking my cycles since I’m benched. I didn’t have O pain last cycle so I’m curious if I will this cycle TW* I always felt when I O’d prior to my EP, but didn’t last cycle so I’m wondering if I’m even ovulating end TW*

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: we had a great weekend hanging out as a family. Our summer is going to be very busy so it was nice to have some family time!

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier? Is it bad if I say an iPad? Lol...when DD was a baby the rock n play was a lifesaver, now she is pretty easy going so if you give her a book she is good to go for awhile! 

• I haven't posted in a few days due to a family emergency that's taken up a lot of my time this past week.

What number are you trying for

Cycle/Month?

1/1

WTO/TWW

Not sure, I think this may be an anovulation cycle? Anyone else have an anovulation cycle before? My temps have been very close with no spikes since CD1. I had some EW CM around CD16 and then I had EW CM again the other day on CD 28. Before pregnancy my cycles were 32 days long. I'm not really sure what's going on. I also read that some women get EW CM about a week after ovulating or a few days before AF arrives.

Ages of other child(ren)

11 months

Any thoughts about this cycle

Again, I'm not really sure what's going on. DS had been sleeping for 7-8 hours at night and nursing once a night, but randomly started waking up 2-4 times a night to nurse these past 2 weeks. I haven't been able to temp every morning because of the frequent waking.

Any questions

(Jokingly) Yeah if someone could magically tell me if I've ovulated yet or not this cycle that would be great :) I know every woman has a different experience getting her cycle after giving birth, but I wish it wouldn't be so confusing!

Rant/Rave/Brag:

I made really delicious home made brownies yesterday. The chocolate frosting is super yummy.

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier

A baby carrier/wrap/sling! I wore DS in a carrier or Moby wrap basically for the first 3 months of his life. He didn't like to be put down and I was able to get stuff done with him on me. I have a baby carrier that I can use to carry DS on my back which is great now that he's bigger. 

Also, having a consistent bedtime and bedtime routine is a must for DS. Start when you bring your baby home from the hospital! Research says that consistent bedtime routines lead to more sleep for parents and babies and are beneficial is many other ways too.

• Loading the player...
  • lelkcotlelkcot member

@nmbrcrnchr1 I love quiet weekends with just our little family! Especially when it’s been busy! And the iPad can definitely be a helpful parenting tool

@luckywife10 if you’re still nursing that can mess with your cycles. I didn’t even get my period back until my ds was 12 months, and it wasn’t until he was completely weaned that they went back to normal. Also, brownies sound awesome.

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 5/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

*Tw (loss) I just had a second cp. Still getting a positive htp, so I’m guessing this cycle is going to be a bust as my body try’s to get back to normal. *TW

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: my ds has been doing so much better playing on his own these days! His imagination is so fun to witness!

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier? When he was little bitty the swing was our saving grace several times!

Cycle/Month? TTA until February 2019

WTO/TWW? I have an IUD, so...

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is 13 months.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Just trying to get some debt paid off while we wait to TFAS. We used a credit card after DD was born because we had a major unexpected event that we needed to use most of our savings for, so we had to resort to the credit card to finish paying off bills. If we keep up our current pace, it should be completely gone by August! I cannot wait! We're also a few payments away from paying off H's car! Woohoo! 

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier? 

When DD was born, a friend bought me a "Shusher" it's on Amazon. It was the best gift I've ever received, hands down. I could put it next to the crib (or bassinet) and it would soothe DD without me having to sit there for. ev. er. 

Link here

People laughed at it because they said, "Well, just get an app on your phone." But having the Shusher allowed me to take my phone with me. It really helped her sleep until we could try a sound machine. 

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 1.5 yrs

Any thoughts about this cycle? I was really angry about it during AF because I have that bachelorette party this weekend and can't temp and can't HIO and will probably O on Saturday or Sunday. I think I've slipped into "helplessness/acceptance" mindset about this cycle. I literally have our HIO days scheduled in Google calendar around this weekend and when I *think* I will ovulate, and there's nothing else I can do about it. It is what it is. 

Any questions? What kind of lube are you using while TTC? I hate the way Preseed feels and I don't need it to replace ewcm.  

Rant/Rave/Brag: So, I did a little more research about lube and TTC. Apparently household oils (canola, baby, and coconut) have no effect on sperm motility and health, so we tried coconut oil last night. It did a great job. :D Though, I remember when we got KU with my daughter we had given up lube completely if I had enough ewcm to get the job done. I'm thinking for Thursday and Friday's HIO sessions we should try to go without lube just in case? IDK. 

More rant: I don't feel like I'm starting fresh with TTC a new baby. Mentally I feel like I've picked up right where I left off with 6 (now 7) months of trying behind me. I can't shake it, and it's nonsensical and oppressive. Like, logically I know that we've only been trying for #2 for one month, but for some reason all of the emotional baggage from trying for my daughter is also pressing on me now. I hate TTC, it's the absolute worst for my mental health. 

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier? Disney movies. I know I'm horrible because I let her watch some things on the TV before she turned 2, but this kid is seriously fine; in fact the words used by her pediatrician were "very advanced for her age." So, I'm no longer questioning my decision to let her watch a little bit of Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse here and there. And I can't make lunch in peace without those 15 minutes of letting Rapunzel entertain her! 

@nmbrcrnchr1 sometimes the iPad is necessary. I used to judge parents when I'd see them out in public with their kid's face in an iPad, but I realized that I don't know their life! That kid could have just been melting down and that poor parent is just trying to get 10 minutes to finish their shopping trip. 

@luckywife10 if this isn't the lucky cycle for you, you could try temping next cycle anyway. If you're consistently having night wake ups, you could just try temping at the same-ish time every day and see if you can see a temp shift. My temps have been rocky (we just weaned and I'm still pumping off milk here and there until it goes dry), but I still get a definite shift. 

@LElkCot I'm so sorry to hear about your CP. I had one with my two cycles before I got my daughter and it sucked so hard. I hope your body normalizes for you soon. 

@snarkles we had a shusher too, and it never worked for us! Neither did the app on our phone. The only shushing that worked on my DD was DH actually shushing with his mouth. It was so tiring for him. Glad it wasn't me? haha. 

*TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @luckywife10 I’m not currently temping bc I’m benched so technically I could not be ovulating (but besides last month I do believe I am), but I get EWCM before AF as well. I don’t remember this happening so much when we were TTC but it’s thrown me off the last few months. Prior to surgery I also used to spot 2 days before AF and I haven’t the last few cycles so who knows wth is going on I guess. Lol
    @snarkles I almost bought the shusher with DD but figured it was just a waste of money, now I wonder if it would have helped!
    @LElkCot I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope your body heals itself so you can get back to trying. It’s so hard!
  • snarklessnarkles member
    edited May 2018
    @nmbrcrnchr1 - It was worth it. I had helped that friend with her colicky twins the summer before, and witnessed it work for those two when nothing else would. Totally worth every penny. 

ETA: @general_organa - I know it's not for everyone, but I was really glad it worked for DD. I've heard of some pretty unique things to get babies to sleep: Playing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," vacuuming, hair dryers, playing "Hypnotize" by The Notorious B.I.G., etc. There are just so many options for what works for kids. It's kind of funny how different kids can be, even in the same family. 
  • I must’ve jinxed myself bc now I’m spotting! Ahhh, I’m going to assume it’s bc I’m ovulating (which would be great if I could actually get KU but I can’t) so I’m just going to rant here bc it’s tuesday and I’m reaft for the weekend already!

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 22 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Pretty sure I missed my fertile window by a day and that this month is a bust...

Any questions? Not yet

Rant/Rave/Brag: I've been so terribly bloated the last couple days, it's uncomfortable. :( i'm also going try to wean myself off coffee soon. Wish me luck. Also angry that I can't find my son's vitamin d drops!

• lelkcotlelkcot member
    @nmbrcrnchr1 and @general_organa thank you both for the support, it much appreciated and helps know I’m not alone in this craziness (DH seems completely unfazed by ttc while I’m struggling). it’s just so defeating to get your hopes up for half a second and then be left wondering how many cycles this is going to negatively affect. 
  • meggymemeggyme member

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 3/3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? almost 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? CD5, so I'm just getting started

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier? Babywise. It helped me so much to be able to pretty easily predict what my baby was crying for because she got into the routine of eat, play, sleep. That and a sound machine. My daughter still needs her crickets to sleep through the night.

DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Cycle/Month? 7/7

WTO/TWW? 13dpo... BFN and spotting yesterday so just waiting for AF   :'(

Ages of other child(ren)? 17 months tomorrow

Any thoughts about this cycle?  Welp, it was a fail so I have lots of thoughts about that.  :(  My H is doing his SA on Thursday and I'm most likely going in for my SHG next Friday.

Any questions?  Not at the moment.

Rant/Rave/Brag:  My rant is probably pretty obvious.  I hate TTC so, so much.

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier?  I think having a set nap and bedtime routine has been key for us for sure.  For naps, it's a simple story before being put down with white noise and now he gets his little lovey and a light blanket over him.  For bedtime, we do dinner, bath, PJs, sleep sack, turn on the sound machine, read the same story every single night, say a prayer and then bed.  

• @snarkles no, I'm totally jealous that the shusher worked for you. We tried so many times with DD and it just did nothing. I don't think we got it until she was 2+ months old, so maybe that's why. *shrug* Running the vacuum used to get my DD to stop crying (but not asleep) and now it makes her so angry! If I turn it off to move it somewhere or change to the wand she comes over and starts yelling "all done! all done! all done!" Haha, poor thing. 

@LElkCot ugh, I'm sorry YH doesn't get it. They (menfolk) really just don't understand that in the couple of days you're pregnant, you've already imagined the entire life of this little poppy seed, holding it in your arms, watching it grow up. My heart still hurts thinking about mine. Hugs to you.  <3

@meggyme oh crap, how could I forget about the glorious sound machine! We have a creaky wooden house and I don't think DD would be able to sleep at all without our sound machine! 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• What number are you trying for? 2.

Cycle/Month? Benched (I think - either that or 1/1). I just got the go-ahead from DH to stop taking BC so we can start TFAS!

WTO/TWW? No clue. Periods are irregular due to BF. Hopefully they will even out soon. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 1 (Holy crap!) DS turns one on Tuesday. It has gone by so fast.

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really. Just anxious to start. I agree with PPs about not enjoying TTC. It feels like a lot of work to make a baby and kinda sucks the fun out of "practicing". Plus, I thought it was exhausting to DTD every other night for a whole week (and on "school nights", too!) when we were TTC #1, so I can only imagine it is going to be even harder for #2.

Any questions? How long did it take for everyone's periods to become regular again after BF'ing? I've gotten two since LO was 10 months old, but they were really weird. Mostly spotting, some heavy flow. Totally not like they were before.

Rant/Rave/Brag: DS has started giving hugs. I will get down on my knees, make my arms really wide and ask "Can I get a hug?" and he will walk over to me and put his head on my shoulder. It is the most adorable thing ever!

GTKY: What products/routines do you recommend that make your life as a parent easier? Definitely agree with everyone else about the sleep routine. Also highly recommend the halo sleep sacks/swaddle. DS was an escape artist and would always bust out of the muslin swaddle.

• meggymemeggyme member
    @lilly91613 I was on Nexplanon, but started getting fairly regular periods when LO was around 16 months old. I was still breastfeeding at that time.

I'm starting potty training this weekend. Please send wine...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @lilly91613 I breastfed until my son was 14 months but started weaning once he was a year old.  My period returned when he was about 10 months old.  My normal periods returned when he was about 14 months old... right when I was finishing the weaning process.  My first few cycles had a later O date and shorter LP.
  • @meggyme, @Sparty18 Thank you so much! I know everyone is different (and tomorrow I could start getting regular periods), but it is super helpful to hear other people's experiences. 

Also, good luck with the potty training @meggyme. I hear that can be a little rough!