December 2018 Moms
Options

ROYAL WEDDING Weekend Randoms 5/19

Who woke up early? Who slept in because you forgot and/or NO ONE CARESSSSS? What else is going on with you?
Me: 31 | DH: 31
Together since 2003 | Married 2010
TTC #1 January 2016
BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018

Re: ROYAL WEDDING Weekend Randoms 5/19

• Options
    Over here I’m getting ready for our trip to KC and panic-canning the peaches from last weekend that I turned into marmalade.

I’m really really dreading schlepping the car seat AND the kid around the airport by myself, and I’m also feeling mildly crampy in the way that my body probably is telling me to slow down. Ugh. Can I just floo powder my way there please?

PSA: I discovered a day too late that they make harnesses for children above 22 lbs riding in airplanes. I Amazon one-day shipped the harness but it still isn’t going to get here until after we leave today. It would have made things way more simple. So if anyone is planning on traveling with a toddler and purchasing a seat, that is an option!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    I slept almost 11 hours last night.  It was amazing. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So, I don't normally drink or like coffee, I haven't had a cup in years, but this morning my husband's coffee smelled so good I literally poured myself a cup just to hold it and smell it! I'm still holding it and smelling it an hour later! It's basically the best thing I've smelled in weeks and doing this is so comforting somehow? Pregnancy is weird.

Also, I completely teamed up at a video clip from the royal wedding that I ordinarily would not care about at all, so today I'm basically feeling like the hormones have fully taken over, haha.
  • Options
    I’ll glance at royal wedding photos later, I’m not into it enough to watch :smile:

I did however take the time to make my own Italian salad dressing...and get half of it on the floor, so that’s nice. I’m sure the olive oil will be good for the dogs’ coats. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I was up at 5 because I couldn't sleep with all the things I had to do for DDs party today. As I was finishing up the little details, I was streaming the wedding. I saw the beginning of the wedding but didn't listen to the ceremony. The dress/ flowers were a little too simple. But ohh well...not my wedding. 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    I didn't watch any of it but I read some BuzzFeed articles  :D  I liked the style and simplicity of her dress,  but I feel like the  material and fit made it look too informal for the occasion.  It looked like a sweatshirt.  I'm not a fancy dress person - my own wedding dress was a very simple pink champagne colored column dress.  But man if I was marrying the Prince of England I would have gone a bit further. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have zero pairs of shorts that fit me :weary:
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I spent my morning prepping for a day on the boat while watching the Royal Wedding. I loved it so much and cried about 20 times. 
  • Options
    @coco2787 I’m pretty much surviving in one pair of jeans these days. :persevere: I did put in a good order with Motherhood that should arrive Monday — another pair of the good Jessica Simpson jeans, a crepe denimy jogger style, and two pairs of shorts. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    livy94livy94 member
    I woke up early to watch Prince William get married.i thought about waking up early for prince Harry but I decided I’d just catch up on twitter or Facebook 

Livy
    Livy  <3 due December 5th ❤️
  • Options
    I just caught up online when I woke up. I’m at the lake for a bachelorette weekend and I had plenty of time to read about it while everyone else slept off their hangovers.
  • Options
    abowlsabowls member
    I watched the wedding but not live.  I really had no intention of bothering but my FB feed was full of people talking about how that preacher was preaching at the royal family.  Curiosity got the better of me so I pulled up the video.  I have no regrets, it was nice and we did not have electricity this morning so my list of better things to do was short.

In other randomness, is anyone else's dog treating them differently?  We have a lab/hound mix and he's been supervising me lately and excessively affectionate.  He's usually the kind of dog that waits on the porch for me to get home, greets me, wags his tail a time or two, and then falls asleep on his bed.  Lately he's been following me around and sleeping at the foot of our bed on the floor instead of on his own very comfy bed or couch both of which are in the living room.  I think he can smell that I'm pregnant?  He's very smell-oriented.
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    @PensiveCrayon We're flying on Tuesday and using one! It's our first time, but I'm pretty thrilled. I'll report back and let you know how worth it it is.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @abowls My dogs have been about the same. But they are always very overly affectionate. But, when we first found out I was pregnant my cat kept peeing on our bed :( He's a total Mama's boy. We had to put him on some anxiety meds and get all new sheets. It was a rough few weeks. He only peed on my side and I definitely think it was because my smell changed and that vet said that could've definitely been it.
  • Options
    I was up this morning and caught them walking out of the church as a married couple. 
    I had to tune in to check out her dress! 
    I spent all day travelling so saw a bunch of clips on all the airport TVs if he actual wedding. 

Sorry I’ve been MIA recently. I have been reading but not replying as we’re just home from vacation today. 
  • Options
    @abowls One of my dogs (the protector of the house) is obviously guarding me. He knew before the test was positive, and is crushing my feet in bed right now.
    The other dog is oblivious and is acting normally. He’s in for a surprise maybe. 
    I’m looking forward to letting the dogs smell the nursery and baby clothes later this year :smiley: I hope they won’t be too disappointed with a hairless puppy!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @abowls no dogs, but one of my two cats has been extra lovey with me! She has to curl up right next to my tummy at night. Animals can definitely tell! Some react more than others.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @abowls both last time and this time my dog would lay on my stomach way more than normal. I definitely think they can sense/smell something 
  • Options
    @abowls my dog changed her behavior last one and this time. Has to be right next to me and barks more on walks when others pass by. 

@echo-charlietango that reminds of a photo of my poor dog the day after we brought the screaming hairless puppy home. She’s laying by my spouses lap (he’s holding Squish) and she has a look of bewildered terror. He had cried all night and she was wrecked.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    abowlsabowls member
    I will be very interested to see how our dog reacts to the actual baby.  He is not the least bit aggressive so I'm not worried at all that he'll try to hurt the baby.  I imagine he'll be protective of the baby just like he's acting with me right now but he doesn't like loud people so I'm expecting some mixture of protective and indignant about all the noise.
  • Options
    @abowls My female dog has also been very clingy and protective. My male dog hasn’t, though.
  • Options
    @hbmama21 Oh! I need to capture my dogs in the same state. I know the grandparents will love to see the dogs faces when they say “we don’t want this anymore” because I know it’ll happen :trollface:

@abowls My personal guard dog will certainly be upset over the noise. We refer to him often as a nanny already because he likes the house to be quiet and orderly. If you are loud or too fast, he lightly nips you until you conform :heart: 

Anniversary
  • Options
    My dog is always super clingy to me. The cat, however, shows me a ton of love when I’m KU. It’s cute. 

Random thought today - if heartburn = baby with hair is he only OWT that’s had some science confirm it, what if eating a lot more spicy food, which would give me more heartburn, would mean my baby would have even more hair? Bring on the jalapeños. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat
    Lol no. Heartburn = hairy baby because of the hormone that is associated with both giving the baby more hair and giving you heartburn. Jalapenos won't help lol.

• Options
    Haha, we’ll at least they taste good!
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    My dog has always been super clingy with me and she’s no different! She is great with kids but it will be interesting to see how she does when my lap is filled with a baby and she can’t jump on in. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Worst nightmare came true! We found a snake in our room  :s a garden snake but still!!!!
  • Options
    My animals are clearly used to pregnancies. Lol 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hi yall- been mia all weekend, at my parents' for my dad's retirement "party". It was fun, but lots of driving. I slept so badly both nights, so luckily i took a nap when we got home today. we were able to tell my brother and sister the good news about the baby in person and they had such sweet reactions; they are both so excited for a niece/nephew! We are just hanging tonight, eating Vietnamese and watching Fahrenheit 451 (michael b jordan, swoon).  

Oh- and i did watch a little of the royal wedding coverage with my mom. Loved the gospel choir. 
  • Options
    @morgantu is the new F 451 any good? It’s one of my SO’s favorite books and we were both excited about it getting a new adaptation (and that mbj is in it), but we heard bad reviews. What do you think of it? 
  • Options
    Ooh wondering the same. Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors but I really don’t enjoy F451. But I’m willing to watch the show if it gets good reviews. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 @PensiveCrayon well, we just finished it and move wise, I thought it was good. I have read the book, but not recently enough to compare the plot points. But mh hasn't read it and liked the movie a lot. I feel like I need to re-read it now though 
  • Options
    F451 is one of my favorite books too. :) We watched the movie last night (and by we I mean I watched 15 min, passed out, woke to credits, and stumbled to bed).

Without spoilers: It’s an adaptation of the book with some key things altered that take the movie in a different direction while trying to make a similar overall point to the book. A good movie for it’s own sake (at least the 15min I saw). I’m going to try to finish it today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got up to watch the wedding, I'm fascinated by all things royal and so I set an alarm, popped a tiara on my head and watched from bed  :D  I was underwhelmed by both of her dresses but I do think they fit her style well. I've never seen her in anything flashy even before Harry. 

We have two dogs, one of whom is oblivious to the fact that I'm pregnant. The other who happens to be paralyzed has been acting out (peeing in random places, breaking out of his "room" while I'm out, getting up during the night just to whine) for over a month now. I took him last week to see his neurologist just to make sure nothing was going on with his spine but he's perfectly healthy and according to her having some "emotional difficulties" adjusting to my pregnancy!! I could tell the vet was trying not to laugh while telling me this, he's still getting a ton of love so hopefully he gets over this sooner than later. 

• Options
    @lippy625 I love that you actually put on a tiara for the wedding! :joy:
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018