October 2018 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 5/19

Questions stolen from Monday.  

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?

DS  12-1-2014
DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 5/19

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19, the size of a mango :) 

2. How are you feeling? Great!!! All things considered I feel fantastic. I'm still a raging lunatic, but that will be the case until I stop breastfeeding lol

3. Any appointments this week? I have my anatomy scan on Friday! 

4. Rants/raves/questions? The Braxton hicks when I have to pee are really annoying. They always happen right when I wake up for the morning. Can't you let s girl sleep??

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? Well if my income didn't adjust I wouldn't switch careers since I'm currently a SAHM. But just in general I'm thinking about becoming a radiologist once the kids are all in school. And if I didn't need any schooling or whatever, id probably become an ER nurse. 

DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

18 weeks - size of a croissant 

2. How are you feeling?

I think I may have a hernia, or I could just be paranoid, but my belly bottom area had a bulge when I cough that’s the size of the palm of my hand. I’m going to ask the midwife at my next appointment, it’s not until June 5th though. Other than that my hips are pretty sore making sleeping rough.

3. Any appointments this week?

Nada

4. Rants/raves/questions?

Totally unrelated to this baby, but I’m going to be ST DD next week while I’m on vacation and it’s both terrifying and exhilarating. I’m already not sleeping great so not looking forward to even less sleep, but I’m excited to have my own bed back.

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do?

I would want to be a SAHM first and foremost. My second choice would be a forensic psychiatrist, just to get in the minds of some criminals would be interesting, probably creepy AF though.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cvv1030cvv1030 member

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 20 weeks, baby girl is the size of a banana.

2. How are you feeling? Sleeping is still rough, trying to find comfortable ways to sleep on the left side, even with my preggo pillow. Past that though, I feel pretty good!

3. Any appointments this week? Our 20-week appointment is Tuesday!

4. Rants/raves/questions? Question- How would you describe braxton hicks to a FTM? Just curious what it feels like to those who have already experienced it. 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? I would be a SAHM. Right now, the plan is for my DH to stay at home with baby girl, since his job allows for remote work. It would just be nice to spend more time with her without having to rush back to work. 

• Options

@hellopartyof5 thanks for starting the Saturday thread!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 17 weeks, size of a pomegranate 

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good, sleeping a little bit better despite the bathroom breaks but it’s helping my energy level! Lots of growing pains, RLP has been intense the last couple days.

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

4. Rants/raves/questions? Nope 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? Something medical, nurse of some sort probably.

• Options
    MylittaMylitta member

@cvv1030 The best way I can describe bh is more of a tightening. As if you're flexing tightly and your stomach (technically your uterus, but later it's much the same thing) is hard. It's not painful, at least not to me. But kind of like you suddenly realized you're clenching your jaw... but obviously lower.

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 17w, size of a chipmunk

2. How are you feeling? Alright

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

4. Rants/raves/questions? Rlp is getting not so fun. I didn't have much last time, so it's odd to feel it so intensely this time. 

No idea. I sometimes wonder what a normal office environment would be like... but I think I'd be bad at it. Or maybe army or something, so long as lifestyle isn't effected, yeah. 

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19 weeks, size of a mango! 

2. How are you feeling? Good!

3. Any appointments this week? Next week

4. Rants/raves/questions? The heartburn is the only thing that isn’t giving up. 

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? Broadway singer! 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    @cvv1030 I'd agree with @Mylitta it's not painful, but it can be kind of uncomfortable. But you should be able to feel your uterus get very hard. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    cvv1030cvv1030 member
    @Mylitta and @hellopartyof5, thanks ladies for responding! 
  • Options

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 18 weeks, size of a sweet potato! 

2. How are you feeling? I feel great! no complaints here :) at least for now! haha

3. Any appointments this week? No, but we have our anatomy scan next week!!!

4. Rants/raves/questions? Not right now :)

5. GTKY: If you could switch careers right now, without any concern for training/knowledge/degrees required or lifestyle or income adjustments, what would you want to be or do? I'm pretty sure I would be an L&D Nurse! 

• Options
    @cvv1030 I agree with above, but I also feel like sometimes they take my breath away too.