December 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker • EDDs 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 12/26

How far along are you?

Are your appointments every four weeks, fewer, or more?

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: Have you had, or would you consider hiring a doula?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Wednesday Ticker • EDDs 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 12/26

• How far along are you?
    10 weeks!

Well, with the regular OB my next appointment is in 4 weeks. But I'm meeting the high risk OB for the diabetes today, so I'm not sure if that'll change things or not at this point.

I can never think of anything to put here lol.

I didn't with DS, and won't with this one. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• How far along are you? 10 weeks, babe is the size of a strawberry or a Ferrero Rocher. Yum. 

Are your appointments every four weeks, fewer, or more? 4 weeks

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Can’t think of anything really. Except maybe that I need to pull out my maternity stuff and/or shop for a few pairs of shorts that fit. Because it’s hot and I’m a fatty.

GTKY: Have you had, or would you consider hiring a doula? I didn’t my last pregnancy, but my birth team was fantastic and basically did that part for me. This time around I probably should. H wants to be as uninvolved in the birth as much as possible because of what happened last time, which is totally fine with me. I’d really rather have a professional who is also able to advocate for my preferences at the hospital. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @CecilB93 Good luck at your appointment today!

@PensiveCrayon I'm kind of hunting for shorts too, last trip to an outlet mall was a bust (largely because I was tired of being around people). I think I'll shop Amazon for something good. FX!

How far along are you?
    10 Weeks = Strawberry. OMG I just remembered that a local orchard is opening up today for strawberry picking!

Four right now, it'll probably get off kilter when we move...maybe not!

I ranted today about expensive houses in PGAL, so... Dear Diary, after DH heard the heartbeat on doppler yesterday he's interested in doing a more traditional announcement. He thinks my idea of springing it on family will come off like "everybody knew but them." I love graphic design, so I'm happy to do it, but my preferred backdrop is his plane...and we're no where near that model. Truly though, I'm happy to see that DH is getting excited and more involved.

I'm thinking about it, just because 1) family won't be there, and 2) I don't want DH to be overwhelmed when LO is ready to see us. I already priced two in Alabama, one is affordable ($450 for three visits, some LC and PP experience), the other isn't ($1,300 for more visits, but no LC or PP care). I stalked the former on Facebook, and we have different lifestyles/ideologies but I'm willing to pay for an advocate who can make sure I'm still alive a few days PP. I'm hoping to meet her in July over a smoothie or something and decide.

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Wow to the doula price difference. What in the world is she charging for if she doesn't do PP or LC stuff?
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon She offers a lot of reassurances and talking opportunities. I think I'm just not as needy as other potential clients. https://www.maternalinstinctsdoula.net/doulaservices.html

Anniversary
  • How far along are you?
    8 weeks 
    Once a month, so every 4. Idk how strict it is? Haven’t even had the first one yet. (It’s in 5 days!) 
    Because I can’t think of anything else, my cat is super adorable. I’m might find ways to AW photos of her somewhere on tb soon.
    I’m interested in the idea, but I probably won’t. I’ll look into it more.
  • So my appointment schedule just increased, more so in third tri...I see the high risk OB in 3 weeks for an NT scan, regular OB in 4 weeks. Probably following normal schedule with the regular OB. Anatomy scan with the HR OB at 20 weeks, and he said weekly ultrasounds at 32 weeks and on until birth. He said I'll definitely be induced no later than 39 weeks, which I knew from my reg OB already anyways. Plus I have to send him my BG readings weekly. Ugh...so much different than my pregnancy with my son  :(
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• How far along are you?
    10 weeks!!! Eee! That feels so far along!

Well, right now they are very crazy. I had 7 weeks, 9 weeks, and 10 weeks. I will have 12 weeks and then the next week I'm doing an early glucose test due to family history of diabetes. But after that, it'll be every 4 weeks. The only ultrasounds I'll have after 12 weeks will be 20, 24 (high risk to check heart because of IVF baby), and then 36.

I can't wait to start showing and then to start feeling the baby kick! It's going to calm me so much. It feels like the pregnancy is going so slow.

No doula for me.
  • @mamajudec2018 FX you pass your glucose test!! I'm hating having to deal with GD this early and wish it on no one!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Thank you! Yea I am hoping so so much that I pass it! Such a strict diet seems so rough to me.
  • AGK2015AGK2015 member
    How far along are you? 11 weeks! Baby is the size of a small thing that is not as small as it used to be.

Are your appointments every four weeks, fewer, or more? Every four weeks for now.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Dear diary, I'm in Montreal with my manager and a colleague, and manager keeps spilling the beans to people that I'm knocked up. It's a good thing I'm not a super private person, I guess; I know other folks would be furious, but I just kind of roll my eyes and move on.

GTKY: Have you had, or would you consider hiring a doula? Didn't have one last time, won't hire one this time. I feel like the greatest asseas I've got, birthwise, are low and flexible expectations. I today my providers, I'm not set on any birth plans, so while my first experience wasn't what I wanted by any stretch of the imagination, I was pretty at peace with it. I think a doula would be more helpful if I had strong preferences on the whole childbirth/postpartum experience.
  • Hi ladies! My due date was just changed to the 19th!
    How far along are you?
    9 weeks
    4 weeks
    After not being able to hear the heart on the Doppler at my last appointment, it was a relief to know that my baby is in there and doing well.
    No but I will be using a midwife again this time around.

• Hey all!  I've been posting with the Saturday EDD group, but my EDD changed after my first ultrasound/appointment when my doctor said I was further along than my LMP prediction.  So I figured I would start posting in this group now that my new EDD is 12/19.

How far along are you?
    9 weeks 3 days-- baby is the size of a cherry!

Not really sure yet.  My first appointment/ultrasound was this past Wednesday, and I have my intake appointment this coming Tuesday for my initial set of blood work and insurance details and billing.

My biggest rant is the nausea...it comes in waves every day and it's just nausea without vomiting, so I've been pretty miserable a lot of days.  I haven't found a good remedy yet, even though I've tried small frequent meals, ginger ale and saltines, preggie pops, etc.

This is my first pregnancy, but I will not be hiring a doula.

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to getting to know you.

• Welcome @nurse_good, I just switched to this one too!