December 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms week of 5/14

2»

Re: Randoms week of 5/14

• Options
    Yay! I’m just gonna put a sticker over mine, lol. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Yay! I’m just gonna put a sticker over mine, lol. 
    I had that thought too, like an emoji or something. I have a darth Vader mask I might bust out for a hdbd. I’ve also thought of drawing some of them. Like tracing a photo on the desktop, so I get my bump size right & makig a little sketch instead. Idk if that will be fun for anyone else though. Maybe when I’m much further along & it looks like a bump no matter what I do
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’ve been really chatty here for a bit because I’m putting off a few hour drive to another town. I get so much anxiety about long drives. The car is totally fine, it’s just me. I need to leave soon to get there in time though. 
    I’ve only had a car/license for a year. Does the anxious feeling go away? I get so freaked out by it. Idk. I can feel it bubbling up right now. Just had to get that off my chest. Time to pack my bags. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 I've been driving for 9 years or so and it comes and goes. I used to be really scared in general due to being in two car accidents within the same year. I actually find I prefer long distance driving though because I'm more likely able to use cruise control and be able to focus solely on what's going on on the road and not also the speed as well. I'll be thinking of you, I get it!! <3 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    I’ll definitely start it (or participate if someone else starts it) next week. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Not sure if this warrants it's own thread so I'll just post it here; do any of you mamas work from home? S/O will be working two jobs so I can stay home to nix daycare costs once LO is born, but what do you mammas do to help out income wise staying home? I'd like to do in home daycare once LO is not brand new, so that option is already in my head but any other ideas? 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    @trucksntutus I don’t primarily work from home, but I have an Etsy shop that makes a few thousand a year to help out make ends meet. Thats an idea if you have a craft/skill
  • Options
    Jens_Hoes said:
    @trucksntutus I don’t primarily work from home, but I have an Etsy shop that makes a few thousand a year to help out make ends meet. Thats an idea if you have a craft/skill
    This is why I wish I was more crafty! Some of those etsy shops make some serious bucks!!! 
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat I’m in! I love starting early too. I get a big kick out of watching pregnancy change my body, inc. my blump. It’s something that wasn’t there before and it happens so fast. Happy to celebrate (and complain) with anyone who joins in as we go.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ... what do you ... do to help out income wise staying home?
    I am a freelance editor (because we move a lot), so I mostly edit military academic papers for MMAS (Master of Military Art and Science) students. I do civilian papers too, but most are simply unaware of the costs and they balk at the price. One day I’ll find a good telecommute position with steady work. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango that sounds like really cool work! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hbmama21 I love it! On the surface it’s fun because I get paid to tell people they’re wrong. But deeper down I explain a lot of things to help them become better writers :heart:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ... what do you ... do to help out income wise staying home?
    I am a freelance editor (because we move a lot), so I mostly edit military academic papers for MMAS (Master of Military Art and Science) students. I do civilian papers too, but most are simply unaware of the costs and they balk at the price. One day I’ll find a good telecommute position with steady work. 
    I imagine I could do transcribing but I'm not really sure how good the pay is as the internet gives differing answers. Something to look into I suppose. I just don't want us to be dirt poor. I could probably swing putting both babes in daycare with a good enough paying job but I'd rather not. 
  • Options
    Made my husband order $50 worth of pizza because I couldn't decide what kind and now it's taking so long to get here I'm afraid I'm gonna be too nauseous to eat any. :(
  • Options
    Team HDBD! I love seeing the progress. I’m forcing myself to be in front of the camera for once. 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @maureenmce worth it just in case you could have it all. I hope you were able to eat at least some though! Or enjoy some leftovers. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hbmama21 Sadly, I couldn't eat any last night but thankfully I am enjoying the leftovers today! Cold pizza is amazing anyway. :)
  • Options
    hbmama21hbmama21 member
    edited May 2018
    @maureenmce Boo, but leftovers for the win!! Eat an extra slice for me. Cold pizza sounds so good right now. (Pizza is second on my Dream food list after I wean my son).
    Pregnancy Ticker