July 2018 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday 5/16

• Loading the player...
  • @gingerbride26 - basically everything about your last post made me LOL.  :)

My WTF actually happened yesterday.  I decided to "splurge" and take my elderly dog who won't stop peeing to the groomer to pay for a bath.  Neither DH nor I let him out to pee when we were home before meeting friends for dinner (both at fault).  When we got home from dinner he had peed in his small crate and was *covered* in pee.  Right after I paid $28.99 to get him a bath.  UGH!!!!!!  I rinsed him again and used some "smelly dog" detangler.  Sigh.
  • @acunamatada WTF?  Where is he finding this poop?  You better believe I would be getting a shovel and scooping it up to put it on his front porch.  That is just insane to me.  My DH would likely set up a security camera to catch him doing it on tape lol.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a WTF or a BF but I'm so over the neighborhood kids and their parents treating me like their free babysitting service.  Our next door neighbors have a newly turned 5-year-old (same age as my DD) and the younger one is either about to turn 3 or just turned 3, not sure.  But he's young.  And they let him just leave the house and run around without any supervision.  My kids are about to turn 5 and 7 and they are allowed to play in the backyard (fenced in) while I'm inside and can see them and can only be in the front yard if I am (or DH) out there watching them.  It blows me away that they just stay in their house and essentially have no idea where their kids are (mostly the younger one).  We have Power Wheels cars that our kids drive around, while we are watching them, and their younger kid wants to drive them around.  I let him but then I have to make sure he doesn't drive into the road or hurt himself while they sit inside.  And I'm sorry, but I'm not babysitting your kid unless you're paying me.  They seriously saw that he was driving it around and then both parents went inside.  It's just so rude to me.  I'm about to have 4 kids (2 of them under 2) to take care of and your kids aren't my responsibility.  I'm now the mean mom that won't let the neighbor kids play with our stuff unless their parents come watch them.  I just can't imagine letting my 2/3 year old leave the house without me watching them every second.    
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wtf to the twin comments!!! Seriously do they know what a twin belly looks like? And how rude is it to say are there two in there? 

Funny thing is I mentioned I was concerned about baby size yesterday because we know he may be small and the front desk lady at the doctor totally didn't help and commented about how small I was, it drives me crazy how this is a mindf*** no matter what!

My WTF is the usual at this point in the quarter aka my boss(one of them). She reviews presentations last minute. And then tells me something is off. Also they kept saving the file over and over and I kept putting my 3 SLIDES (not 300...) In and then there would be another version without my changes. Seriously wtf. Review things sooner. I get we are on different time zones but I can't get to a meeting (at 7 AM nonetheless...) And see a bunch of chat messages about my data being wrong...

Wtf to neighbors and dog poop??? My stupid neighbor used to feed squirrels and our patio would be filthy with PEANUT SHELLS and it took forever and some drama to make him stop...but the dog poop thing is next level :(
  • @acunamatada yes, that's one of the reasons I told them they can't ride them without getting their parents to watch them.  If he gets hurt, what if they sue me because he was on our property/on our riding toy.  When he was riding it last time I was so stressed because he was getting too close to the road (because he's little and he's not great at steering) and I would have to run over to him or yell to him to stay away from the road every couple of minutes.  I'm too pregnant to be chasing after someone else's kid.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @carsonraynee earlier in the pregnancy DH took my chips and dip downstairs to his man cave to eat because he'd finished off all of this snacks in the like, two days it had been since I went to the store. I threw such a fit he brought them back up. Seriously, don't touch a preggo woman's food! He just thinks that if you don't eat everything in a day or two you're done with it. 
  • @SmashJam omg DH is the worst with that he's got this bizarre 2 day rule that if it's still there after 2 days it's fair game. I had leftover homemade-style mac and cheese that this local Irish pub makes as their Tuesday special I got the largest quantity possible (enough for 4 people) and ate it over the course of 3 days and had to literally guard it from him
  • Here's another wtf! State farm is telling me I cannot use my disability insurance for my pregnancy. Soni flip out and almost start crying...then my agent calls and says sorry it was a mistake....you are covered. 
    I swear I got so flipping anxious for nothing. The whole reason I got that policy was to have it for pregnancy...I have another policy for accidents. So no need to spend $$ on state farm if it doesn't cover what I need! 

This is when I am thankful for California and I'm happy to pay state taxes...so much protection that I would not have elsewhere. Crisis averted!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Trying to catch up. 
    Sorry to hear about all the poop horrors and terrible neighbors! You should return the favor with a nice brown package at their door  ;) jk

It’s DHs turn to bathe DS. He had his nail removed last Saturday and has managed to still do a few things around the house. Well he asks if I’m gonna bathe DS later and when i say it’s his turn he says “I’ll try but idk if I’ll be able to”. How does a toe affect bathing?!?!
  • @kissableviv that would be so scary! I’m glad you’re still covered! 

@wildtot lol did you roll your eyes at him? I hope he can “manage”. 

My wtf my mom is coming to visit me and I volunteered to pick her up at the airport (3 hours away). Well I have to wake my pregnant self up at 3 am because her flight gets in at 6 lol. Ugh! So I’m going to go to bed soon. 

My DS has a tee ball game tonight. I figured they would cancel since it’s been raining here alllllll day. I was kind of banking on it so that I could get some things done before my mom gets here but they didn’t. I wasn’t prepared to watch a ball game in the rain and didn’t even have an umbrella. Luckily my in Laws came to hell with DD and they had an extra 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @hillbillywife lol if i can manage with a big belly and sore back he can manage with a nailess toe. Gosh men can be such babies! 
    Ugh sorry for your early driving!
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited May 2018
    @wildtot seriously! ETA I can’t complain too much about early driving because it was my idea but I’m kind of second guessing it now lol 
  • Catching up:
    -passive aggresive neighbors suck!! 
    - Size comments should be outlawed. I hate how being pregnant makes people feel like they have a right to comment on our bodies. You don't go up to non pregnant people saying "wow you look huge" "look how tiny you are"ugh i hate people sometime.
    -any husband that steals ice cream and does not replace should get an automatic dick punch.
    -Boo to insurance and bosses not being on top of their ish and causing unnecessary stress.
    -and boo to baby men who want to complain and whine their way out of responsibilities. 

I'm pretty good today just so over this freaking heartburn and so hoping DD sleeps through the night in her new bed. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @acunamatada @paytonpedro we had a dog poop situation too! We’ve been noticing someone keeps leaving their dog’s business on our front yard for a while now. We recently installed cameras and sure enough caught the guy yesterday. He let his dog do his business then left and showed no interest in picking it up. My husband was furious and printed the photo to hang on our tree with a poop bag hoping he would get the hint—we don’t know who he is so hopefully he’ll see it walking by at some point and get the hint. Might be a bit passive aggressive but we are so sick of picking up after other people’s dogs. We don’t mind if they poop on our yard so long as they pick it up. We have a very poop shy dog that will only do his business in our backyard. Lol but always have poop bags on hand on walks. 
  • Late to the party- 
    - I friggin' hate when people don't pick up their dog poop.  I have two bigger dogs and I always pick up their poop and then carry it alllllll the way around the neighborhood with me to throw away.  People will allow their dogs to poop on the damn sidewalk and not clean it up.  Do they realize this is not only disgusting, but this can spread disease to other dogs and/or kids?!

- Husbands have no clue whatsoever what anything is like when it comes to discomfort and pain.  Nothing.  How is it that we can do EVERYTHING while pregnant, but they can do NOTHING when they get a boo-boo?

- I'm over people's comments, but it's fine.  I just smile and say "well, it's my third!" if they say something about me being big, or smile and say "thanks" if they say it's all baby, or "I know, don't know how I can possibly get bigger in the next 6 or so weeks!"  I don't know why I feel the need to pacify their comments, but it's better than punching them in the face.  Or "ooooooh!  Maybe it'll be a 4th of July baby!" No.  Nope, no, not nice.  I'm due July 2, not July 4 or later.  Don't wish an overdue baby on me- my other two were 4 days late.  No thanks.  Or my MIL saying "This one will be a big one!".  F*CK YOU.  My daughter was 9 lbs 12 oz born vaginally- that was enough.  Can't you just help me pray for a smaller, but still healthy, baby??!!

- Any maternity I take is unpaid.  They started offering short term disability at work, but I didn't buy in to it because I was not expecting to get pregnant and since it is considered a pre-existing condition, I couldn't add it on.  So we will be scrounging for any maternity leave, which sucks and is very, very stressful.  I hate money (or lack there of).
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    Just found out that my man baby hasn’t been taking any cold medicine regardless of feeling like crap and complaining about it. And now he’s complaining of his toe medication (a pill once a day) almost making it sound like he doesn’t want to take it. Wtf! He’s suppose to take them for 3 months! We are not paying all this and going through the hassle for him to just straight up stop the treatment a week in!
  • @acunamatada - don't think they shot the rocket at us on purpose... i think they had the big box up on a couple bricks and let the kids shoot them off and the box fell off the brick and angled over the pool instead of straight up.

@WorkinWeezel oh man DH did the same thing with DD... original due date was like 5/12, he said "wouldn't it be great if she was a memorial day baby!?"...they adjusted to 5/20...the induced Fri night of memorial day weekend, born 5/27

@wildtot omg i know!!! mine's whining that i'm whining too much but I still can barely eat without cramping or refluxing and little man keeps kicking up storms that make it all worse but he's feeling better so why am i wimpering in bed saying i'm about to pass out... DB
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @lindsayleigh1989 bahaha imagine! Now he’s asking me if he has a fever. He doesn’t. 
  • @cseley321 The neighborhood next to ours had a mystery pooper too. The culprit was also a jogger. One of the new neighbors had enough and installed a security camera and then posted the video up on the Nextdoor app. You couldn't see who it was, but seems it was enough to shame the jogger into changing his route or changing his diet so he didn't have to go while out on a run because it hasn't been an issue since.
  • I have never once in my running life shat on a street during my run. Or even had to stop at a restaurant or something to go. And I've done some long runs! Who has to poop in the same alley every day??!