July 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 5/17

How far along today? How big is baby?

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms

Appointments/US this week

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

GTKY: Fave outfit you've bought for LO or one you are considering? 

Alternate GTKY: Favorite cold dinner main dish (non sandwich) for summer (or, ingredient in that must be cooked is cooked on stove top no longer than 15 min)? Or fave thing to grill?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 5/17

• Options
     30 weeks! Half of a large Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake!

Weird hear palpitations sometimes when lying on my left side in bed. Rib hiccups, heartburn, misery when eating more than a very very small amount of food. Rectal pressure when I sit down to pee, although I haven't had  a good poo that left me feeling "empty" in a few days (TMI sorry!). Constantly winded from things as little as going across the room. Peeing in the middle of the night (TWICE last night!).

Appointments/US this week: Not til the 29th

Random Questions

Rants/Raves

This for coming home. But may dig through the newborn shit and see what I got.

https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=3365550120030&cid=1027202

Alternate GTKY: Favorite cold dinner main dish (non sandwich) for summer (or, ingredient in that must be cooked is cooked on stove top no longer than 15 min)? Or fave thing to grill? A selfish question. I cannot cook in the oven when it gets hot, the entire house heats up to 80 degrees or higher and we have no air conditioning. So are there any cold main dishes that you bust out once its warm? Or something that isn't really a main dish but could become one with the addition of  a pre-bought, pre-cooked protein?
  • Options
    kc1293kc1293 member
    Hi. Good morning!

33 weeks! A head of celery

At the end of the day, my feet and ankles are crazy swollen. Didn't have this kind of swelling with my other pregnancies so it's new for me.

Appointments/US this week:
    I saw my MFM on Tuesday. SCH looks good - stabilized. However, my growth percentile dropped (in one month I've gone from 50% to 34%). So I have to go back in a few weeks for a new u/s. My placenta resistance number is a little high, but has gone down since the last one two weeks ago (3.8 to 3.5). I see my regular OB on Tuesday. Should be a normal appointment though.

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    In two weeks, my DH and DS are leaving for a trip, and my DD is going to spend time with my mom while they are gone. Looking forward to a long weekend by myself!

@smashjam - oh em gee I love that outfit! Super cute!

I haven't found one that I love yet. Having another girl, so if you guys see anything, feel free to send it my way :)

Alternate GTKY: Favorite cold dinner main dish (non sandwich) for summer (or, ingredient in that must be cooked is cooked on stove top no longer than 15 min)? Or fave thing to grill?
    I don't cook, so I try not to be super picky and just let DH cook what he wants. I do like this noodle salad though. I think it's so-men noodles in a sesame/plus other sauces with char siu and green onions. Typically served room temperature or cold. DH doesn't really use the oven that much, so most of our dinners are cooked with stovetop or on the grill/smoker/blackstone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along today? How big is baby? 32 weeks... as big as a squash... or a scooter board

New/Interesting/Festering Symptoms heartburn is killing me

Appointments/US this week ultrasound was Monday baby is measuring right on track looking to be about 4  lbs right now.

Random Questions none

Rants/Raves

anything that says little sister on it, and her cloth diapers.

my go to cold dish is chicken salad.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    33 weeks. Celery, fanny pack, boat shoe

Nothing new, just a lot of the same. Mostly I'm just tired these days. If I can get to my workouts it helps a ton though.

None

Random Questions
    Still trying to figure out what the best postpartum belly wrap option for me would be. So many out there, if you've used one before, how did you narrow it down?

Rants/Raves
    Sorry, not sorry, but I have to brag about H. This last week he full on went to war with my bro and SIL on my behalf, kept my mom and BFF in check with their crazy shower ideas, cleaned our house like a maniac, stained/painted/or otherwise refinished about 5 different projects around the house and somehow still had the energy to make dinners and write the sweetest mother's day card I've ever seen. And he pulled it all off without complaints and a big smile on his face. When I thanked him for being so awesome, his response was "Why would you have to thank me? You're pulling your weight by growing an entire human, the least I could do is help around the house". He's not just helping around the house, he's doing everything while I lay around and eat and order stuff on Amazon. I'm so excited about seeing him be a dad and be a good role model for our kid.

I don't like that there are buttons on this thing, but figure we wouldn't have baby in this for long before a change would be required anyway, and I couldn't pass up an opportunity for a boy to wear pink! My youngest bro would have been so proud https://www.target.com/p/baby-boys-2pc-button-down-short-sleeve-shirt-and-chino-shorts-set-cat-jack-153-blue-pink/-/A-53151523?preselect=53056434#lnk=sametab

We don't use the oven in the summer so it's a lot of grilling of random proteins, peppers and sweet potatoes.  On days it's too hot to really grill if I'm "cooking" we do a lot of salads, so things like fagioli e tonno, nicoise, or pop zucchini into our spiralizer and then toss the "noodles" with random things like olive oil, mushrooms, Parmesan and prosciutto a lot. All of which go with a nice glass of wine! It's a nice break from sandwiches on hot days for us. Or if H is doing dinner we do zaru soba or ice cold somen, but I'll only eat it if H makes the tsuyu sauce from scratch because I don't like the stuff you can get at the store here, flavor is too weak and it's too salty. Plus we eat tsukemono pretty much daily that H or MIL has made, mine aren't super awesome yet but I'm working on it.

• Options
    @kc1293 does your H make the char siu? I don't like the recipe we have for it and haven't come across one I like yet, so we buy it from the market close to us, but theirs is pretty fatty so it tastes amazing but sometimes upsets my stomach or is too rich for summer. I'm always on the look out for the right recipe.

@Smash2009 We have AC, but if you saw some of my shower pics, so much of my house is glass, gets like a greenhouse here and I hate to run the AC because it has to run all day long just to keep the house from going above 78 and that gets so expensive.  Thankfully baby's room stays cooler than the rest of the house, but we're probably going to be having to run the AC more than I like this year, we started a separate budget just for the expected power bills. :(
  • Options
    kc1293kc1293 member
    @noideawhatshesdoing - He has made his own before. But him mom/grandmother buy it for us all the time, so he rarely makes it. He said when he wants an easy recipe, he just uses a pre-made char siu sauce, bakes/broils the meat, and then glazes with honey. If he tells me of another way, I'll let you know :)
  • Options
    32 weeks, squash!

I am not sleeping too well, and my belly feels full all the time, I think it’s just the weight of baby. 

Next week starts my weekly appointments and I have two in that week.

Random Questions
    Anyone getting excited!? Cuz I am, I’m trying not to think of it too much but I feel like these next few weeks are going to fly by! We are busy almost every weekend so that will surely help. 

Rants/Raves
    My DH is amazing, he talks to the baby everyday, and last night we even read the baby a book, we did it together, it was I Spanish, so I wanted to learn what it said for when I read it to baby! 

I actually haven’t personally purchased any outfits.... I know that’s crazy/ but it’s our first baby and I wanted to wait until after our baby shower (this weekend) to do any kind of shopping. If I don’t get a good taking home outfit I will pick one after then!

my go to is pasta salad- just cook the pasta then use all fresh veggies (can serve cold) and either Italian dressing or oil and vinegar! 
  • Options
    @kc1293 His way of doing it already sounds easier than what we do! lol. I need to give that a try! We do it the Japanese style, which is a pain in the butt and takes forever and I still can't get the flavor right, but is essential in this house to go with ramen! I'm a good cook in my own right, but MIL is amazing. She has tried to teach me, but she doesn't really do "recipes" because she's more of a taste it as you go sort of cook, and when it comes to Asian dishes I still need to know actual measurements. Here is the recipe I use most often and play around with. It is better if you swap out the shallots for leeks. https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/03/chashu-pork-marinated-braised-pork-belly-for-tonkotsu-ramen-recipe.html

@catftm2018 We weren't going to buy many clothes until after our shower either, but had picked up some things from a local consignment shop that was having a moving sale so we got a some good stuff for super cheap. We also went to this huge consignment event in my area which was actually super gross and more like thrift shop reject than consignment level, like underpants in ziplock bags gross. We didn't want to touch anything and left feeling so icky that H and I both felt the need to buy something brand new and found ourselves in Target. I'm actually thankful we did it because Target rotates through their seasonal baby stuff fast and most of the things we bought that day aren't available anymore. Plus we got a lot of books at our shower, which is great, but not as useful as diapers, etc.

• Options
    @catftm2018 Also, super cute that your H is reading to baby! We've actually had some good luck finding some bilingual kids books. We have The Very Hungry Caterpillar in English and Japanese (the languages are side by side) and I think saw an English/Spanish version of the book somewhere. My H's first language is Japanese, and I can read/speak it (badly), but we thought this way friends or folks from my side of the family that primarily speak English could also read it to LO. We're trying to find other books in both languages now.

• Options
    33 weeks, celery 

More uncomfortable, started nesting this week, burping lava by the end of the day. 

Tomorrow! 

Random Questions
    Does anyone know if the wives tale of where you feel baby hiccup is where the head is true? Hoping so find out if she’s still breech tomorrow but I’ve been feeling hiccups low which I’ve read is good.

Rants/Raves
    DQ chocolate dipped cones are life. That is all. 

I didn’t buy much for DS when I had him because I knew I would get so much at my shower. Now I’m torn with what/ how much of each size to buy for this baby. Plus I still have to see what DS has for unisex clothes in my basement. 
    My favorite so far is still in my car, but it’s a pink and grey set of bodysuits. 

My go to is a salad, sometimes with a cooked protein, sometimes with just beans, depending on whether or not DH is home for dinner. 
    A summer staple side/snack for me is avocado corn salsa with beans, tomato, and red onions, or cucumber/tomato salad with balsamic and oil. 
  • Options
    33 weeks-just had a growth scan and babies are 5lb 1oz and 5lb 9oz. Huge babies! Both over the 80th %ile

Well I'm carrying more than 10.5 lbs of babies, both of whom have their own placentas and extra fluid so I can barely stand at this point. Not sure how I'm going to make it 5 more weeks if they keep growing like this! 

Had a regular OB apppintment and MFM appointment with NST and growth scan. Everything looks good, babies doing a great job growing and cervix still closed despite some effacement and contractions so hopefully they're prepared to stay in there another 2+ weeks

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    I am just getting beyond uncomfortable. Third tri with twins is no joke. I am very much looking forward to meeting the babies and getting my freaking body back, I haven't been able to walk since the winter and im getting super restless 

I bought the girls boxes and boxes of outfits from Ralph Lauren and they're adorable 

I can't get enough of grilled peaches and pineapple in the summer 
  • Options
    30 weeks; the size of a motorcycle helmet

Hello hemorrhoids!

I had my 30 week appointment last Tuesday

Random Questions

Rants/Raves
    I told off a nurse because she was supposed to send my referral to the MFM on 5/8, and I learned on 5/15 that she never sent it. 

I love zippered sleep n plays by carter’s. My babies live in these for the first month or two
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hang in there @devilcat139 ! Almost there!
  • Options
    @noideawhatshesdoing oh I’ll have to check that out, I also read and can speak Spanish not too well. I’m better at reading it. If I see any English/Japanese ones I will let you know! 

• Options
    @devilcat139 way to go- with babies growing so much! I know you are uncomfortable, but it sounds like they are super healthy! Are you still working? Can you take time off?
  • Options
    @devilcat139 oh man you're growing some awesome twins in there! You're almost done, hang in there! Also grilled pineapple was a major craving the other day, DH was very skeptical. 

Everyone's cold dishes sound yummy!

@noideawhatshesdoing love that outfit! So cute. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam @noideawhatshesdoing doing my best to hangnail in there, thanks for the encouragement! 

@catftm2018 I am super lucky in that my job has been incredibly flexible and accommodating. I’ve been working from home full time since the beginning of April and start my maternity leave June 1 (they give you 3 weeks before your due date-or my c section date in this case in addition to the 17 weeks post-delivery). It’s  been super necessary though I’d never be able to commute and sit a full day in the office these days-I’ve perfected building slides from the couch :smile:
  • Options
    @devilcat139 what a great leave policy! I’m glad you don’t have to venture out on top of everything else! 
  • Options
    31 weeks

i get the strong urge to just sit down for a while after being on my feet. It's kind of weird. And I get so out of breath sometimes!

Next Wednesday! But I also stopped in to see a NP this week to check on baby because I felt like her movement quality had changed/lessened and I was feeling anxious. She's fine!

Random Questions
    none

Rants/Raves
    So, the job I wanted to get in the fall after I return from maternity leave is going to start BEFORE the baby comes this summer!! The lady in the position now decided she's retiring next week, so our timeline has accelerated. I told my current boss yesterday about the update and I think he just wants me to finish a couple projects before I leave the department. I haven't told my co-workers yet...and I won't until I have this position locked down. HR requires that we post it and interview candidates even though my future boss and his boss really want to just hire me...I'm hoping that I'm still better than anyone else who applies. 

I don't know...probably just a cute onesie and pants we already have on hand.

We do a lot of burgers!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!