Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 5/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in school?

*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: WTO Friday 5/18

• snarklessnarkles member
    edited May 2018
    Month/Cycle: Still TTA and not quite ready to start TTC. IUD removal will be in February. 

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: Attempting weight loss and getting back into shape. I used to be super into weight lifting, so I want to get back to my powerlifting roots. I'll have more time in two weeks when school's out. PNV. There's also a place called OrangeTheory here in town that is kind of a circuit training place with strength training and treadmill work, so I think I'm adding a new goal to run a 5K before we start TTC. 

R/R: One of my kids (read: students) that I was really worried about stopped by to tell me he received not one, not two, but THREE scholarships to go to a local community college to get his license and associate's to be a auto mechanic. He's a super sweet Karen (Karen people are an ethnic group that has no real "home country." This kid grew up in a refugee camp) kid from Thailand. He was in absolute shock and I'm so proud of him. He didn't even think he was going to graduate, let alone graduate with scholarships. 

CS/Q: Nothing really. I'm half-tracking right now with my IUD in. 

I teach English...but I really, really liked math in high school. I had the best math teacher ever. She gave us really detailed and easy to understand notes that she put on the projector (because I'm old). She was so good at explaining even the toughest subjects to us. I actually would tutor several of my classmates who either weren't in her class, or still needed some extra help. If I had more math teachers like her, I might have pursued more math and might be teaching math somewhere. Fun fact, though: When I first started my teaching career, I taught her kids in my English class! I hope her kids can say half of the nice things I think and say about her. It was fun chatting with her during parent-teacher conferences. 

ETA: Formatting, because English teacher. 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    sexing

R/R: 
    Happy Friday ladies! I’m happy that I have a busy schedule at work today. It will make the day go by faster! MH went to the midnight showing of Deadpool 2 last night with some friends. I woke up this morning to him still asleep. I guess he decided to take the day off… I was so mad. Mostly because I was so jealous! And because it was morning and I’m usually crabby in the morning lol.

CS/Q: 
    Not a question, just a complaint. Still not even close to Oing! I can usually see the test line getting darker and darker the days leading up to O. Right now the test line is barley even showing up, it’s so light. Ugh I hope MH doesn’t get too frustrated with all the BDing.

Math. I used to do my math homework when I was stressed. It would calm me down. I also used to make up my own math problems when I was bored at work lol. I miss math.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Loading the player...
  • ladylinseyladylinsey member
    edited May 2018
    Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: About to start peeing on OPKs this weekend, and having the ever-other-day kind of sex. Been having a couple glasses of wine on sexy nights. Takes away the pressure of thinking "oh may this time" and let's me just get into the sexy sex. I've also been temping this cycle. 

R/R: (edited) 

CS/Q: I'm not quite sure how to put my chart in, so sorry if it's offensively large or in your face. If someone can tell me how to make it all spoiler secret, I'd love that, too. 

I guess my question is: are fluctuations like this normal?

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in school? English. LOVE to read. LOVE to write. If I could, I would read and write all the damned day long. 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @snarkles Math lovers unite! I always said that if I ever went into teaching I would pick math. I'm so happy for your student. It says even more about you as a teacher that he wanted to come and tell you about his scholarships. That's awesome! 
    *TW* TTC history

• Month/Cycle: 12/13

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Ava, charting/BBT, OPKs, pre-seed, myo-inositol

R/R: DH wants to stop "trying" this cycle to see if it helps. I just don't think my mind can not think about TTC. Especially with his SA next week.

CS/Q: 

Part of me wants to say English because I have an English degree, but I think in high school it was more History. 

@snarkles I've never felt like I had a good Math teacher. Math never came easy to me like it did my brother.
    @LJMoon6 I hope you O soon! 
    @ladylinsey I can't see your chart, but I always have a lot of fluctuations in my temps because I frequently have allergy issues and sleep with my mouth open or I have to get up once or twice in the night to go to the bathroom because I drink a lot of water.
  • @LJMoon6 - I'm super jealous that YH got to see Deadpool! I really want to see it, but I think we might have to wait until it comes out on Amazon. Also, if it wasn't for bad math teachers, I would totally be a math teacher right now, but then again, I also really love teaching English.

@ladylinsey - If you put the screenshot of your chart in your response and finish your answers to everything, you can highlight/select the picture and go to the paragraph symbol where you can edit your text, and select "Spoiler." It will put it in the box. Let me know if that makes sense. If not, I can take screenshots to show you. :) 

@thrgirlwhowaited - First of all, I'm glad to meet a fellow Doctor Who fan. But also, MH tells me when we start TTC in February that he doesn't want all of the charting or to even TRY. He just "wants it to happen naturally." WTF does that even mean, dude? 

• Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPKs and HIO begin tomorrow!

R/R: Rant: Ya'll, I had the wildest day yesterday. Mood swing after mood swing. Broke down in hysterics over house buying/stress saying there's no way I can get pregnant with the amount of stress I'm under. The clomid must be working... My poor DH didn't know what to say. Today seems to be much better though! Rave: TGIF!

CS/Q: Nothing to see here.

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in school? Reading! I still love to read (:
  • @snarkles I get you. How does charting and tracking your temps make conception not natural? I've had so many friends and family members say to just stop trying and it'll happen or just relax more and it'll happen. I feel like my head is about to explode when I hear those things. They have no idea how ignorant it is though so I try my best to just smile and walk away.
  • I intro'd a few months ago and then dropped off the face of the planet. AF just left the building so I figure now is as good a time as any to jump in.

Month/Cycle: We were NTNP since January 2017. When I intro'd in February we had decided to actively start trying, but then immediately had to put that plan on hold for reasons. We're still on hold for now.

CD: 8

R/R: Rant: It's been rainy here for a week and I looooove it. I think I was meant to live in Portland or Seattle where it rains all the time. But everyone else around me is all pissy about it and they're really raining on my parade.

CS/Q: Nothing to see here.

GTKY: My junior year I fell in love with chemistry. I think a lot of it was the teacher - she made everything so clear and didn't hesitate to help me work through things when I was confused. I took AP chem my senior year and the teacher was the worst. She ruined my favorite subject. She refused to help when I came in for extra help and told me at one point that I should just drop the class before I fail. Well I managed an B+ in the class and a 3 on the test (without an ounce of help from my teacher, thank you very much). So I wasn't destined to be a doctor or anything, but I also didn't exactly fail and that lady can suck my salty balls.
  • @ohsofluffy I liked your pun, "raining on my parade." 
  • @thrgirlwhowaited - The people who say, "Just relax," make me a special kind of rage-y. 

• lelkcotlelkcot member

@snarkles that awesome about your student! I’d guess it’s satisfying for you to see your students succeed!

@LJMoon6 I was all about math until I took calculus in college!

@meladams10 glad you’re feeling better today!

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, pnv, charting, getting ready to add B6 and vitamin E

R/R: got to see a good friend, have lunch with my mom and hang out with my sister this week, and it’s Friday!

CS/Q: my cycle is still short and my period super light... trying to decide if it’s too soon to go back to my obgyn to see about further testing. Anyone else dealt with really light periods an extended time?

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in school? Math, although I also love reading!

• @snarkles That story makes me so happy and a little testy!  Good for him!

@meladams10 I’m sorry yesterday was rough but glad today has been better for you!  It sounds like a stressful time!

@ladylinsey you may want to spoiler/TW your R/R using snarkles instructions from above.  Or change the story a bit.  Stories about kids are triggering for many ladies here and are better saved for the TFAS threads.  
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 14

R/R: Had a pretty awesome workout this morning and have gotten a lot of things done today so feeling better than I was the other day.  Thank you to everyone who offered thoughts the other day when it was rough!  Also, grrr, I forgot to bring an OPK today and I wanted to test twice.

CS/Q: CTP has me Oing on CD10.  I don’t agree and neither does FF.

GTKY: Biology.  I went on to get a degree in molecular biology and did some medical research (followed by going to Dental school) so I think it was true love.   :) 
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 9. And I'm still flippin spotting. WTH body, get it together. I literally have HIO on the calendar for tonight. Gotta get those fresh swimmers on deck for when it counts! 

WAYDTGKU: B complex, tracking CM and BBT in FF. Sexy times starting today (supposedly). 

R/R: Nothing today. 

CS/Q: I don't have any questions. My chart is just crazy crazy, so I thought I'd share. I didn't temp through AF last month and FF was really confused about where to give me crosshairs because I didn't have a good baseline going. 

Hmm... I usually liked science and art the best. I had to choose between AP bio and AP art my senior year of high school because they were during the same block. I chose bio. I kinda regret it. 

@snarkles I've heard of OrangeTheory. I think it's national? People say it's really tough, but they love it! 

@ladylinsey my DH still plays Pokemon Go, too. I stopped a looooong time ago. I'm amazed that other people are still playing! As for the chart, I just copied it as a picture and pasted it. Then select/highlight the chart and click on the paragraph icon in the toolbar at the top of the text entry box and select spoiler.

@thrgirlwhowaited @snarkles I have no chill either when it comes to TTC. I think about it many many times a day. The cycle we were supposed to NTNP just turned into 1/1 because I tracked everything and tested early. The TWW made me crazy. Ugh. It's the worst! 

@LElkCot no experience with light periods, but it might be worth a conversation with your OB. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• zonk3rszonk3rs member
    Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: temping bbt, opk, preseed

R/R: We ordered my wedding ring this week so I'm excited to see it soon! Planning a wedding in less than 3 months has been pretty stressful though.

CS/Q: nothing right now

GTKY: What was your favorite subject in school? I'd probably say band. Did it all,  pep, jazz, marching, orchestra...it was just fun creating music.

@ohsofluffy The approach the teacher takes in helping students understand the subject makes a big difference. Chemistry has some tricky concepts.
  • @LElkCot Sorry I'm late to seeing the these from Friday. Sometimes my periods are light and only 2 days maybe 3 if the last day is more like spotting. I mentioned it to my doctor at my appointment a few weeks ago and she wrote it down, but didn't seem too concerned. She already wanted to do labs though and they came back fine. I guess the concern was my progesterone being in the range it should and my FSH. I told her it was just odd because I had heavier periods on the pill than off. But my cycles are are 28-32 days so not particularly short. I'd go see your OBGYN and bring it up. Every body is different so it being okay for me may not be okay for someone else.
  • lelkcotlelkcot member
    @thrgirlwhowaited thank you, I really appreciate your insight! It helps to know I’m not the only one with super light cycles. I actually talked to my OB 2 months back and she didn’t seem worried, but we also went ahead and did blood work (which came back normal). She said to get back in touch if they didn’t regulate or we got pregnant. I guess I’m just stressing because I’m 6 cycles in and it’s still off. But also don’t want to be that crazy lady who keeps bugging her doctor!