Trouble TTC a Sibling
Options

Suddenly No Longer Getting + OPKs and Intro

Hello All -

DH and I have been TTCAS for 20 months now - we've gone through all of the tests and DH was diagnosed with a low sperm count.  I was very thankful that everything had checked out fine with me - no issues they could find.  We also confirmed that the +OPKs lined up correctly with my body preparing to ovulate.

We decided last month to start IUI, we just needed to call the RHS office when I received my first +OPK.  For the almost 2 years we've been trying i have always gotten a +OPK somewhere between CD 18-21, like clockwork.  But suddenly last month, no positive.  On day 22 when I still had not received a positive I called and they gave me an ultrasound and found that I had already ovulated and just didn't get an LH surge.  The DR wasn't concerned, said that happens, and said to call next month.  Needless to say I was devastated.  

Well here we are, month 2 of wanting to try IUI and I'm now on CD20 with no positive yet.  If tomorrow I still don't get a positive I seriously might lose my mind.

Why am I suddenly no longer able to get a surge?!!  Has this ever happened to anyone else before?  I'm going to ask the RE many more questions, but I feel so lost.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pain that you're feeling can't compare to the joy that's coming - Romans 8:18

DD born 6/20/2011

TTC#2 since Feb 2014
My Chart:

Re: Suddenly No Longer Getting + OPKs and Intro

• Options
    JeenyusJeenyus member
    This is partially what brought me back to the boards.   I have PCOS, so don’t always ovulate as is ... but for a six month period of testing with the Amazon cheapies, I didn’t get a single positive test.

I splurged and bought the Clearblue Advanced (the ones that do a flashing smiley for high fertility and a steady smiley for peak fertility), and it showed four days of high as well as a positive peak for our last cycle.  I tested with the cheapies at the same time every day and didn’t get a single positive.

I have an appointment with our RE in September and was going to ask then, but for some reason I’m just not triggering the tests that helped last time.   Not sure which brand you are using but perhaps it’s similar? 

Also, maybe try to start testing earlier just in case your cycle has changed?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker