December 2018 Moms

What are you NOT doing now that you're pregnant?

13»

Re: What are you NOT doing now that you're pregnant?

• Lots of info here!

As soon as I got pregnant my desire for deli meats increased, of course. I've had a few sandwiches but just make sure to heat it up before I eat it.

I LOVE sushi, but don't have it very often due to location, so I won't be having any. I probably would if I still lived in Omaha and was near a place I trusted.

I'm waiting until I'm well out from the first tri before I drink anything, but I am going to allow myself an occasional small glass of wine or beer, but no hard liquor.

I do feel like America is way over the top with crazy amount of rules when it comes to dos and don'ts of pregnancy as well as parenting. Don't eat sketchy things, eat/drink in moderation & use your common sense.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The biggest issue is most things haven’t been studied because they can’t really ask a pile of pregnant woman to try something to see what the effects are on their baby. And the US and Canada take a very cautious approach where they figure if it hasn’t been fully studied they put it in the no list. 
    one of my best friends is a family doctor. I was in bed for 2 days with a migraine and she said I was fine to take Advil or ibuprofen. She ssaid she wouldn’t recommend in large doses but he reason it’s in the no go list is because effects haven’t been studied. But she did give me the ok to take one if needed if it meant I could function / eat etc again. 

• Loading the player...
  • I love how completely reasonable everyone on this board is about this stuff. You guys are the best.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 thanks.  I was actually afraid to Google it for fear of what I might find! I have not had it since I've been pregnant, but most of the tess in my cabinet include hibiscus. Obviously I will be steering clear of those in favor of black decaf tea. My so just got back from a trip to China, and brought back a bunch of tea because he knows I love it. I feel like he will be so disappointed when I tell him I can't drink it!
  • asun123asun123 member
    So I go to Disneyland on June 18th. I'll be 14 weeks. Would you guys say absolutely not to me riding some kiddie rides? Like the little one's that involve me sitting with one of my toddlers in a flying/circling airplane or something?
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @asun123 Ooh, I need to research this! We are going literally the week before you! It'll be the first time my daughter has been (she's 2) and I need to figure out what rides she can ride and what rides I can ride!
  • I'd say the calm rides like riding in a flying dumbo or peter pan or small world/pirates where you ride in a boat are fine. That's just me though, I'd definitely do that. Also the spinning teacups if you can stomach spinning lol! Def something to consult your doctor on, but rides that are calm as those are I'd say are safe. It's not like you're going on a roller coaster.  @asun123 @maureenmce

Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • asun123asun123 member
    @asun123 Ooh, I need to research this! We are going literally the week before you! It'll be the first time my daughter has been (she's 2) and I need to figure out what rides she can ride and what rides I can ride!
    https://disneylanddaily.com/a-toddler-focused-disneyland-trip/
    Go to this website and down towards the bottom there is a "Touring Plans" section and look at the Disneyland 1 Day Plan (ideal for children under 42")

This is what I'm going to plan my whole trip off of. (:
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @asun123 @maureenmce Definitely talk to your doctors but my doctor basically said that theme parks, 4DX movies all of that are extremely cautious because they don't want the liability should something go wrong. He told me not to worry about going to 4DX movies or riding certain rides at theme parks before you start to show. (I went to a 4DX movie the week I found out I was pregnant.) He told me to avoid rides that have to "strap" me in with those metal bars across the front to hold you in, but any other ride should be fine if I'm not feeling nauseous. 

Once you start showing though, you may want to think twice. Since that's when the baby comes up above your pelvic area and a direct hit to your abdomen from a fast stop or something could hurt the baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    • Heated Vinyasa Yoga.  I miss it and will start a prenatal yoga soon.
    • I am still running but will be deferring the half marathon I'm registered for in October. I usually do a few per year. Now I am limiting myself to 4.5 miles a few times per week.
    • deli meats
    • soft cheeses
    • booze, though I've had some sips of wine
    • limiting coffee to 1 kcup/day so that I don't die
    • bagged salads
    I still eat occasional sushi, hummus. Re Listeria, I fear bagged salads more than anything else since this is where the majority of most recent threats have come from with the exception of raw milk and cheese, which I won't touch.  I still dye my hair and get my nails done.

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40 | SO: 32

DDs: 11, 7.5 |  Due: 22-Dec

We're having another GIRL!!  <3

• And back to the Listeria Hummus recall .. those recalls were voluntary and precautionary in response to possible contamination.  The listeria was detected at the plant which processed the hummus, but not in any of the finished product. It was "out of an abundance of caution"; I don't believe anyone actually became infected.  A whole slew of things including frozen vegetables, ice cream and waffles were recalled around the same time.

Fresh Express bagged salads, on the other hand, were recalled more than a handful of times over the course of a few years; I believe most recently in 2017; due to repeated random samplings turning up Listeria in their finished product.  Gross

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40 | SO: 32

DDs: 11, 7.5 |  Due: 22-Dec

We're having another GIRL!!  <3

• @wickedtiny Yeah, even when not pregnant I basically refused to eat bagged lettuce, since there have been so many recalls!