Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 5/17

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Would you rather be wealthy or healthy, and why?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: TWW Thursday 5/17

• Month/Cycle: 11/12 (benched a few)

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: -3, -1, 1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: nope

R/R: Man it was not a good nights sleep and now have a pinch in my neck. Will have to teach through that later. Fun stuff. In the office nice and early today and there is no one else here yet, so I get to sip my tea and catch up on bumping. Yay!

CS/Q:

GTKY: Would you rather be wealthy or healthy, and why? Definitely healthy. Being wealthy certainly doesn't guarantee you health or happiness. I think given where I am now even more so, I would just like to be 100% healthy.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @suzycupcake Thanks for getting this going so early!

@nitnat007 I love getting up early when noone is around. It feels like I am the only person in the world. Hope your neck feels better!

@Sparty18 I'm glad your progesterone results are normal!

Month/Cycle: 16/13

CD/DPO: 28/13

Timing: -3

Typical LP length: 14 or 15

Testing: Nope.

R/R: I asked my boss for a half day tomorrow and I got it! Woot! Only a day and a half before the long weekend. I am going to use my extra time tomorrow to get some summer dresses for work as my closet it mostly sweaters. I should also probably take my snow tires off  :/ Nothing to rant about...yet :) It's still early and I work with the public.

CS/Q: -

GTKY: Would you rather be wealthy or healthy, and why? Healthy. To be sure I have fantasized about what I would do if I won the lottery, but I find eating healthy quite challenging. Although, if I had a significant amount of wealth, I could hire a personal chef... I'll stick with healthy :)
  • @nitnat007 Hope you got to enjoy some quiet time at the office before the hustle and bustle of the day started. I used to love getting to work early and just chilling out at my desk for about 15-30 minutes before starting my day back when I had my office job.

@Sparty18 Yay! So glad you're progesterone levels showed normal! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 24/ 5 DPO

Timing: -2,0,1

Typical LP length: 12-14

Testing: nope

R/R: I tried some fertility yoga yesterday for beginners....man am I sore today! 

CS/Q: This morning my dogs went nuts after my husband left for work so I sprang up out of bed to figure out why. Turns out my husband hadn't left yet but was making a ton of noise in the basement checking our air filter. Because I got up so quickly though I forgot to temp until it was too late. 

GTKY: Would you rather be wealthy or healthy, and why? 

This is a conundrum I've had to face in my life with working full time and having plenty of money but being really sick, or leaving my job and being healthier and off medication but money is extremely tight. I will choose healthy every time. 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 13/3

Timing: -2, O, +1

Typical LP length: still not really sure, my last one was pretty short at 11 days

Testing: not for a while

R/R: Not much really. Been a fairly standard week. Got some good gym time and volleyball in yesterday, and I think husband and I are planning on playing ("playing" cuz we're bad) tennis after work today. So workout goals are continuing. Still too scared to get on a scale because from past experience my body somehow decides that working out means it's time to gain tons of weight, which then drives any motivation I still have left right down the drain. Hopefully can go work outside a bit too this afternoon, enjoy the sun a bit.

CS/Q: FF just gave me crosshairs today, but it is a day earlier than I would have thought based on ovulation pains. I usually feel pretty distinct pain and cramping for this every month it seems, but I guess I don't know for sure that that's what it is. I see that @Sparty18 also has crosshairs a day before ovulation pains. Is that normal for you too? What do you think of it? Is it possible that FF is getting that wrong? I kind of feel like it's just putting O on the day of my OPK and not much else went into it, especially if my temps stay high again tomorrow, which I assume they will either way. Also a bit freaked out by the early O, so any excuse to put it a day later, I guess. Not to mention my timing would be a bit better. But who knows, in the grand scheme of things the one day difference probably doesn't matter much.

GTKY: Would you rather be wealthy or healthy, and why? Definitely healthy. I mean, if you pick wealthy, what level of unhealthy are you ending up with? There's a pretty big spectrum there and some levels of unhealth would leave practically zero room to appreciate any of the benefits of being wealthy. And the spectrum of income that still falls outside what would be call "wealthy" leaves quite a bit of room for a comfortable life.

@meri-mac -- Enjoy the long weekend! It's amazing what a bit more time off can do for a weekend, it seems!

@nitnat007 -- There really is nothing like an empty office and tea. I work in an office room that has three other people, so it often feels like the stars have to align just so to get some time alone. Hope your neck feels better!
  • @auburnvelvet86 I know what you mean about the scale. I don't need any number making me feel like crap! I am getting back on the exercise wagon now. I just feel a little blah. Well done for the gym time! I love your (Wo)Man Crush btw <3:blush:
  • @auburnvelvet86 In regards to ovulation pain, a couple of years ago my pains were always the day before O.  Lately, they have been the day after O.  Research doesn't have a great understanding of the cause of the pain, but it is perfectly normal for the pain to be before, during or after O, so it really isn't a great indicator by itself.  As for your chart, I think it is taking into account that your temp on CD11 followed the "rule" of showing a jump over the previous temps.  It is very possible to have O be on the same day as a positive OPK, it has happened to me the last two cycles.  It can all depend on when exactly you are taking it and you aren't sure how far into the surge you are at the time.  All that said, I don't think it's 100% you O'd on CD10, but I can see why it put the CH there.  What has your average O day been in the past?  CD10 is a bit early, so it is something to watch if it continues to be your trend.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    @nitnat007 I feel like you may have posted about a pinched neck before. Does that happen often? I hope it goes away soon. Pain is the pits. 

@Sparty18  it is a really good thing those results are normal. Trust. You do not want to have to shove any more up your vag than you already might ;)

@littleredm  Man I hate when I miss a temp. Are you feeling better this week?

@auburnvelvet86  I get o pain as well so I understand your frustration however if you did O when ff said, a -2 timing gives the highest chance of conception so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Do you know if your ff is set to advanced predictor mode? You can click on the little lines in the top right corner to change it if it’s set to opk method. 

Lol @meri-mac I was up late last night. I've been staying up until 2/3 because I don't want my temps to go screwy from getting more or less sleep because that's how I started this cycle. 

Month/Cycle: a lot 

CD/DPO: 16/.  1/2/3

Timing: Even though I have a missing temp and an open circle the day previously, I think based on opk and ovulation pain on both ovaries yesterday, I Od yesterday. No matter what, we covered all possible scenarios with sex and I’m very happy about that. 

Typical LP length: 13 without treatment. Not sure if this first cycle after a treatment break will be that. 

Testing: Most likely 5/31 I won’t be taking P this cycle. It was too low for a medicated cycle but I’m not sure it is regularly. 

R/R: Happy that we gave this cycle our all. I’m going to rest in that. We did everything that we could. I hope that I will be a ss and not have to do treatment after my 3 cycle break but at least then I won’t be second guessing our effort or not trying the supplements for egg quality. 

CS/Q: What do you ladies think?
    Past charts show a up down up so maybe my thoughts are spot on

GTKY: Would you rather be wealthy or healthy, and why? Wealthy because I have a better chance at being healthy based on what I know. Being wealthy means I could do a lot of good. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @Sparty18 - Thanks for sharing your thoughts. That makes a lot of sense, about O pains happening before/during/after. I hadn't heard that before. I've only been charting my BBT two cycles now, so all I have for a "usual" is last month's information. I O'd on CD14 that cycle and then had a fairly short LP of only 11 days. So I started taking a B complex to see what that would do. Not sure if that could have caused early O? Or whether being 3 months past my Mirena removal my hormones are still adjusting, causing the swings.

@suzycupcake - Yes, it is on advanced mode now. I definitely spend way too much time early switching between the various modes to see what would change, but I should just trust advanced to do it's thing. For your chart, I'd say your guess of O being yesterday seems pretty spot on, even with the missed temp.

@meri-mac - Thanks! I think he's an underappreciated actor for being on one show for so long, and then also underappreciated for just being a very beautiful man! :wink: