Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tues 5/15

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What's your favorite book?

Re: WTO Tues 5/15

• Month/Cycle: 10/7

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: BBT/Charting, OPK, SMEP (sorta), BDing, and thinking about using my menstrual cup to keep it all in after BDing....

R/R: Rant- I have a cold and it's miserable. FW is this weekend so I need to "wean" myself off decongestants. Hopefully by tomorrow. Rave- DH has confirmed he will be home Thursday night. It will be late but BDing will happen. It's also our 4yr anniversary so maybe we will do something this weekend to celebrate.

CS/Q: Nah nothing to see.

GTKY: What's your favorite book? I love to read. Anything by Dean Koontz. My all time favorite of his is "One Door Away From Heaven". It's the first time a book gave me all the feels and made me cry. Favorite non Koontz book would be Brave New World.
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    sexing

R/R: 
    MH is loving his new job! I’m so happy for him. It looks like it’s very unlikely to stay a permanent day shift job… but at least he gets to stay on days for the summer for “training.” He’s also talking about moving to a supervisor job sooner rather than later. I guess during his interview for this “lead” position (it’s really not a lead position because he’s not doing any of the same stuff he was before, it’s more of a junior supervisor position) the building supervisor really liked him and wanted to put him straight into a supervisor role! He’s so excited. The harassment has continued though and has even gotten worse… He came in to work the other day to find his shoelaces cut. I mean, who does that!? These people are children. He reports everything to his supervisor but really what can he do, unless they catch someone in the act. And then it’s just one guys word against another. At least if he becomes a supervisor he’ll be able to tell these guys what to do, whereas right now he has no authority.

CS/Q: 
    nope

GTKY: What's your favorite book?
    Definitely Harry Potter!!!! All of them. My favorite book in the last year that I’ve read… maybe The Time Traveler’s Wife or Artemis by Andy Weir.

@prpl11butterfly Sorry about your cold! I have been battling a sinus infection (hoping it will go away on its own) for a while now. I hear ya on trying to stay away from the meds! It’s so hard when TTC, now knowing if anything you take will affect your chances. Ugh

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Good Morning @prpl11butterfly ! I hope you start feeling better by this weekend and ya'll can do something fun for your anniversary! 
  • Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: Day 4 of Clomid, soon on to OPKs and HIO

R/R: Rant: No rants today! Rave: We're really close to getting our contractor bid completed to send to our lender. FX everything goes smoothly!

CS/Q: Not too much to see at the moment

GTKY: What's your favorite book? Favorite book would have to be Pride and Prejudice, just a classic. Currently I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which I've been getting through slowly. I think my favorite of the series so far has been Goblet of Fire! 
  • @LJMoon6 YAY for your DH loving his new job! What grown people go around cutting shoelaces? What in the world!
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, PCOS Diet, supplements, Yoga

R/R: My lower back was hurting SO bad last night and I have no idea why!  I even did my yoga to try and stretch it out and that still didn't help.

CS/Q: I had another temp drop today which is annoying.  I have no idea what's going on with my body right now.

GTKY: What's your favorite book?  Outlander.  Especially the first one.
  • @prpl11butterfly I hope you feel better soon!  Also happy early anniversary!

@LJMoon6 That's great that he is liking the job!  I need to read the Harry Potter books.  I never read them when they came out originally.
  • @sparklingdiamond I hope your back starts feeling better soon! I always say I want to try yoga, but I haven't yet!
  • @meladams10 You should try!  I just do a video at home.  It's nice to stretch your muscles out.
  • @prpl11butterfly Happy anniversary!  I hope you feel better in time for DH to come back!

@LJMoon6 I am just speechless that a grown person would even think to cut someone’s shoelaces.  That is nuts!

@meladams10 I am so excited that you are liking HP!

@sparklingdiamond I have seen a lot of people liking Outlander stuff.  What’s it about?
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, opks, cm, b complex vitamin

R/R: I was so dang productive yesterday.  Let’s hope I can keep it up today because I NEED to get caught up at work.

CS/Q:  Nothing to ask yet.  I did ask my OB about the luteal phase defect and she gave me the option of giving it more time or seeing me now.  I’m going to try the B complex for 2 months and if I don’t see an improvement I will go see her.  (My LP has been 7-9 days recently- 7 days last month).

GTKY: What's your favorite book? Of course the books in the HP series will be my faves (especially the later ones).  But I’m going to go outside of that.  Most recently I really enjoyed Grit by Angela Duckworth (non-fiction).  I loved The Giver when I was little and it will always hold a special place in my heart.  This is a very difficult question for me because I am a lover of books.
  • @sparklingdiamond That's a good idea! I should probably try it at home first seeing as I'm not the most graceful. LOL!

@quidditchcapn1120 I am really loving HP! I finally understand all the hype! I can't believe I waited so long to get on board but it is nice being able to read the book and then watch the movie! I need to read The Giver.. I don't think I ever have! I hope you get your LP sorted out! 
  • @quidditchcapn1120 It is about a girl who travels back in time to the Scottish Highlands and meets a guy there.  They fall in love.  There's fighting and other stuff.  I just really love Scotland, so love the books!
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: This week mostly just trying to cut back on alcohol, take vitamins, and bbt

R/R: I haven't been to the gym as much as I should lately.  I forced myself to go last night, and even though I totally sucked and was really slow because I'm out of shape, it felt so good to run.  I think I'm going to put myself on a 10k or half marathon training plan, not because I actually have any intention of doing a race, but to force me into a schedule.

CS/Q:  Nada, but I hope my cramps go away soon.

GTKY: What's your favorite book? I love reading, but I don't have true favorites.  Lately I'm into Grisham, Jeffrey Archer, David Baldacci -- I'm finding that I need action and suspense to keep my attention lately.

@quidditchcapn1120, agree, The Giver is such a good one.  I should reread that sometime.
    @prpl11butterfly, sorry about the cold.  That's the worst.  I hated high school English (math and science person despite liking to read), but Brave New World was one of the few books I had to read in high school that I really enjoyed.  

• ***Lurking from TWW***

@LJMoon6 @meladams10 @quidditchcapn1120 I am re-reading the Harry Potter series now since a Hogwarts Mystery came out. They are just as good as the last time <3;)
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk, b complex

R/R: Rant: For work, I'm on a committee that is putting together an annual report and my contribution is the actual design/layout of the piece. So the day before the next monthly check in meeting, everyone sends me there content. They've had an entire month! And now I have to try to put together 6 spreads in 24 hours! The whole point of a month between meetings is to use that entire time to work, not just the last 24 before the deadline. *sigh* Oh well, I'm still very lucky to work in such a great library and my co-workers are generally lovely, so I shouldn't complain too much. At least I don't have people cutting my shoe laces!!! (That's so crazy @LJMoon6 ! It's like something out of a sitcom that you laugh at fully believing it would never happen in real life.)

CS/Q: I think my body thinks that it is in some sort of competition where it will win a prize for getting through a cycle as fast as possible. According to my OPKs (using the dip sticks and the ClearBlue digital that was recommended after last month's confusion), it looks like I am O'ing sometime today, maybe tomorrow. Which seems early. And then if I get another 9 day LP, I could be looking at a 20 day cycle, which is just all kinds of messed up. Does anyone know if B6 complex can move up ovulation?

GTKY: What's your favorite book? This is the question that all librarians both dread and dream about. As others have mentioned, "Pride and Prejudice" and the "Harry Potter" series are high on my list. I also second all the love for "The Giver." Another favorite series is the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Philip Pullman. And my go-to comfort read is "Beauty" by Robin McKinley.

@sparklingdiamond -- I've only read the first book in the "Outlander" series, but did quite enjoy it. Are you watching the show? What are you thoughts?

• @auburnvelvet86 I actually have only seen like the first three or four episodes of the show.  We didn't have Starz, but waited to for a free preview weekend and recorded a bunch!  So now I just need to find the time to watch them.
  • Month/Cycle: ...........

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: a bunch of things, including the addition of vitamin c and coq10

R/R: My ovaries are still being assholes. Negative opk last night and then positive again this morning.

CS/Q: Meh. At least we are hio at epic rates. I'm gonna keep going just like @josie12367 did. Miss you girl <3

GTKY: What's your favorite book? Right now, it's Understanding & Dismantling Racism by Joseph Barndt.
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 6. I freaking spot forever. Make it go away.  :s

WAYDTGKU: I'm adding B complex this month. I used to take it all the time, and then I got bad about taking vitamins. Hoping it'll do something good for me this month! Scheduling HIO (I may send DH calendar invites so he knows when he needs to take showers and have a clean-shaven face! I hate the feel of the stubble), tracking BBT and CM in FF.

R/R: I'm going to be a broken record about all the things that are in the way of good timing this month, so I'll spare you all on this post. 

CS/Q: nada

GTKY: What's your favorite book? Hmm... I think one of my favorite books ever is Dune. Such a classic. It's a shame the 1984 film was nothing like the book and just plain awful. And of course I'm a Harry Potter lover. JK Rowling's detective series under her pseudonym Robert Galbraith are great, too! 

@sparklingdiamond I kind of love Outlander the TV show and just started reading the first book. It's amazing to me how close the TV show is so far! 

@meladams10 85% of the work out videos I do are just from YouTube. There is pretty much everything you could want on YouTube! I'm sure you could find some beginner yoga. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• LJMoon6LJMoon6 member

@meladams10 I’m so glad you’re reading the HP books! And loving them, right!? Thank you for your last PM, you really calmed my nerves. So much so that I never PMed you back. Sorry!

@sparklingdiamond Sorry about your back pain. I hope it has subsided some today. Please please please read the HP books!! They are so good! They are even coming out with illustrated HP books. MH bought them for me last year.

@quidditchcapn1120 It’s not just shoelaces, he was chewed out last week because he made a mistake. Not by his supervisor but by his coworkers (or former coworkers). First of all, this was the first time he had ever done this task, he admitted he was wrong, he apologized, and he then corrected the mistake…. What more can you F-ing ask for!? I just do not understand these people. I hope the B complex helps and you don’t have to worry about another appointment with you OB. I LOVED the Giver too! It was my favorite book in school. A couple years ago I reread the Giver and the rest of the books in the Quartet. So good!

@hoodevil0611 I have been so bad at going to the gym lately too! I don’t think I’m going to hit my required 8 times this month to get my rebate… whoopsie.

@meri-mac They are so good! Have you seen the illustrated versions?!

@auburnvelvet86 Seriously these people make no sense to me. Like I understand maybe playing a practical joke and unlacing them or tying them in a big not…. But cutting them!? This was totally malicious.  I also loved the His Dark Materials! I love the movie The Golden Compass and was mad they didn’t make any more so I sought out the books and I’m so glad I did. I was sad that there were only 3 books tho!

@general_organa I’m lolling at your scheduling of HIO sessions. We pretty much do the same thing. He knows it’s an EOD thing. Yesterday he called before getting done with work and was like “So when I get home we’re going to BD and then I’m going to mow the lawn and then I’m going for a bike ride, in that order.” I had to laugh at him. And I was a little surprised that he called it “BD”! Honestly I thought he never really listened to me when I mention TB or anything about TTC.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• **Lurking from TWW****

@LJMoon6 I can't believe that actual adults behave that way in a work setting. Cutting shoelaces? That's just ridiculous. I love Harry Potter too! I like to listen to the audio books read by Jim Dale when I go to sleep. It's perfect because I know the story so well that I can allow myself to drift off because my brain doesn't have to focus.

@purplebutterfly123 Happy early anniversary!

@quidditchcapn1120 Woohoo for productivity! I knew you would like HP based on your username. Which one is your favorite book out of the series? 

@auburnvelvet86 I LOVE LOVE LOVE His Dark Materials! I think Phillip Pullman is such a talented author and so good at world building! My husband and I have been listening to The Golden Compass on audible because I'm trying to get him into it. That's so cool that you work at the library. I would love to be a librarian but I don't know if I could afford all the schooling that's necessary. I'm always keeping my eye out for part time positions at our local library though, if I were to ever find one I might be qualified for. 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @littleredm I do the same thing to fall asleep except with tv shows I've seen a million times. I've rewatched Friends, Grey's Anatomy, and Gilmore Girls so many times it's not even funny! But it's for the same reason as you. I know the stories so well that i can close my eyes and still picture what's going on. My mind just turns off. It's great!
    *TW* TTC history

• Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 22

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK, CM, HIO EODish

R/R: I got what I think may be a positive on a cheapie OPK this morning. I will test again when I get home from work, but I’m optimistic! I really hope it’s O time because we are exhausted lol. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What's your favorite book? I like almost everything by Dean Koontz, the Odd Thomas series, Harry Potter, Outlander series (the new one should be out this summer!), and my favorite author is Tana French (detective fiction set in Dublin). I will read just about anything though and I’m blessed to be a speedy reader. 

@sparklingdiamond @auburnvelvet86
    I can’t get the tags to work correctly rn, but I have read all the Outlander books and just finished watching the latest season a few weeks ago when Comcast had a free preview. If you like historical fiction and sexy Scottish people, I highly recommend it. It’s definitely a little saucy and NSFW tho. 

• @LJMoon6 -- Philip Pullman actually recently released a sort of prequel book to the series called "The Book of Dust" which features a few new characters taking care of a baby (Lyra!) and delivering her to a certain college. I think it's planned as the first of another trilogy in this same world, with the next two books taking place after the original "His Dark Materials" trilogy. So there are more! I also heard that the BBC is working to release some type of miniseries of the original trilogy, so that will be coming down the pike at some point too! So there's all of your "His Dark Materials" news. :smile:

@TJtheGoat -- Yes, I've been watching Outlander too! As I only read the first book, the second and third seasons were quite fun, not knowing what happens. The production value and acting is really superb. Now we just have to hope that season 4 isn't as long in coming as season 3!
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @auburnvelvet86 Omg thank you for sharing!! I now know what I'll be reading next lol.  I've added so many books to my goodreads app today. @TJtheGoat Thanks for the Dublin murder squad recommendation. I'm looking forward to that one too!
    *TW* TTC history

• @LJMoon6 that’s amazing that your H said “BD”  :D DED! I told mine that he is called “DH” and he decided that means “Dong Hat”.  :| Or Designated Hitter, but he usually goes with Dong Hat. 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• @LJMoon6 If you like murder stuff, you’ll love Tana French. Her books are very interesting in that it’s not a straight series. Each one has a main and a secondary character. The secondary character in each book is the main in the next, but they don’t necessarily follow chronologically. It’s more like a tree branching out. I’m not sure that makes sense, but I think it’s a really cool way to approach it. 
  • ***Lurking from TWW***

@LJMoon6 No I have not! I bought the anniversary editions with the extra tidbits about each house. I bought Hufflepuff for myself, Ravenclaw for my Matron of Honour and Slytherin for my Maid of Honour :)
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @meri-mac Omg so much fun! When's the big day again?? BTW I love your dress!!! I totally plan, when the time comes, to get a shirt that says "I solemnly swear we were up to no good." I can not wait!
    *TW* TTC history

• @littleredm I love Order of the Phoenix book-wise.  My favorite movie is Deathly Hallows part 2.   :)

@LJMoon6 I am not sure how I didn’t know that there were other books in the series!  I’m going to have to look that up!  Thanks!  (Also I am appalled at your husband's work situation.  I am speechless that people are so stupid.)
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited May 2018
    @quidditchcapn1120 I don't know if I would actually call them a series, I don't want to give you the wrong impression. Each book has different characters and a different story but set in the same world. There is some overlap tho. They were really good!
    *TW* TTC history