December 2018 Moms

Symptoms week of 5/14

A day late, but let’s make a new symptoms thread! What’s troubling you now? Any new symptoms or changes? 

Re: Symptoms week of 5/14

• texas_ttexas_t member
    Terrible awful horrible acid reflux last night. It didn't happen until midway through my last trimester last time, so this is a super fun surprise. 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Loading the player...
  • I feel like the exhaustion has tripled. I don't know if it's because I am further along.. because I'm old.. or what. I could barely leave my bed on Saturday and I was falling asleep at my sisters Mother's Day dinner yesterday.  I have no clue how I am functioning at work right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The exhaustion is crazy! I've had sleep problems for awhile which led to no napping allowed so that I'd be more likely to sleep well at night. In the past month, I've been allowing myself to nap 30-60 minutes on days that I really need it and still have been getting 7.5 hours of sleep. (This is huge for me.) Then I still sometimes almost fall asleep at my desk at work. Whoops.

Also, today is my first true day with nausea, I think. Before today I've felt off and not necessarily good, but not quite nauseous. Today, it's like a light hangover that I can't get rid of. Right now I'm sipping on Zevia Ginger Ale, hoping that it helps. :) 

And the bloating is getting insane. I feel like it must be so obvious because I'm pretty small and none of my pants fit anymore (using a Bella Band), but no one has said anything. Either they haven't noticed or they don't want to ask in case I'm just gaining weight.  :D 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • clbnessclbness member
    Woof, the nausea has definitely worsened.  I'm thinking of trying the Unisom/B6 combo.  I'm not sure I can survive DD's birthday and our week long trip to Florida like this.  Those that are doing this, did you get it OK'd through your doctor, or did you just jump right in?

Other less annoying symptoms are itchy belly (this didn't happen until I was actually showing last time) and gas.  My kid laughs at me every time I burp/fart (because there's no holding it in at home).  Also, insomnia...but, that's pretty annoying too.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• texas_ttexas_t member
    @clbness My doctor told me to do it because it's cheaper than diclegis! I order the Unisom Sleep tabs and B6 off of Amazon!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• hkomhkom member
    @clbness My doctor suggested the Unisom for me to take because I've been having trouble sleeping.  She said it's perfectly safe to use.  Haven't used it for nausea though as mine hasn't been too bad.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Everything smells disgusting. My dog has been eating the same dog food for like ever, and DD decided to throw handfuls of dog food into his water dish -- for fun. I nearly gagged and had to dump out his water and gross, wet food down the drain. 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • My vomiting has come back the last few days. Mainly at night. I took zofran so I could hold down my b6/unisom/prenatal after vomiting up dinner. 
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    @PensiveCrayon um. Where'd you get that picture of me? :|
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• I gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks even though I’ve been eating fairly normal.  Sigh.  I look like I did when I was 16 weeks pregnant last time  :s

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • None of my pants fit , it feels like im eating almost every hour and im alot more tired than the beginning and i noticed my mood swings are on another level lol
  • @texas_t I hear you on the reflux. It’s so bad I’m throwing up a little from that sometimes. I didn’t have that fun feature until third trimester last time. 
  • +1 for reflux and heartburn. I don't remember when it started with DS, but it was much later than this!! 

And all the bloat, ugh. I already feel 20 weeks pregnant, which part of that is because I never lost the weight after my son so I've already got a bigger belly going into this pregnancy, but it's still definitely bloated, too!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• President of the cranky club, over here. My poor husband. I got irrationally mad the other day because he didn't buy chips to go with our burritos. 
    Also forgot to take my unisom/b6 last night so I'm gonna see how the day goes without it. So far, not too terrible. Fingers crossed the end of nausea  is in sight. 
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    I took a chewy tums and zantac combo last night and it helped me not be miserable when I went to bed. The night before was touch and go. 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• clbness said:
    ...Unisom/B6 combo ... OK'd through your doctor, or did you just jump right in?
    I jumped right in because I trust my research, and now I have personal experience that says that it helps me be human again instead of being a slug on the edge of nausea all day. 

Symptoms have been the same since last week; B6 is my savior, but breakfast is the hardest meal of the day -I have zero appetite or desire to even look at food. The invisible nipple vices are getting more tolerable, I only feel them when I change position from lying down to standing (or reverse). The bloat is real, and finding pants is getting harder. I did buy a nice dress yesterday, but my search for smocked-waist shorts has revealed bubkes. I'm still averse to coffee and tea (and now carbonated beverages) but plain water is becoming refreshing again. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Anyone else's symptoms seem to be fading a bit? My nausea is gone, and so are my soar breasts. Pretty sure that just the exhaustion remains. I had an u/s exactly a week ago and everything was fine so I'm trying to keep that in mind, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a little worried about the fading symptoms!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mbelow6103 how far along are you? I'll be 10w tomorrow and mine are fading as well. Typically by second tri the symptoms lessen, so I wouldn't worry too much if you're one of the earlier Dec due dates.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• OMG the bloat and the gas. It's going to be the death of me.  Also, colace is my best friend.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tunneltunnel member
    I have to pee all. the. time.  Including every night between 2am-3am, which then causes me to be awake for about an hour.  I've also been really hungry, often eating a second (small) breakfast and lunch.  Lately I've been skipping dinner though due to nausea.  @texas_t My acid reflux was downright awful in my third trimester last time and I was really surprised (and sad) when I got a whiff of it already this time around!  I've been drinking Earth Mama heartburn tea and eating a tums before bed nightly as a preventative measure and it's been working for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • clbnessclbness member
    @texas_t @hkom @echo-charlietango Thanks!  I decided to just go buy some last night.  I feel like it's helped the nausea a little bit today!  For the unisom, are you all doing the full 25mg or just 1/2?  I did 1/2 to start off with.

And I can definitely commiserate with you all on the gas.  Wow.

• @clbness I'm actually skipping the Unisom entirely because 1) It's classed as an antihistamine, and 2) I am already rotating through Claritin and Zyrtec regularly -so I feel like I have plenty of antihistamines in my body right meow.
    I have the worst allergies ever, and when we start getting settled in our new house I am totally making a date with an allergist. If my house hunting visit is any indication, I think I might need allergy shots.

Anniversary
  • clbnessclbness member
    Blarg, @echo-charlietango I'm sorry you're having to deal with allergies!

• I've been eating SO much lately - all the food. My nausea and MS come back and forth honestly, I'll have a day of relief then wake up and it's back. I've been very tired and lazy as well, the naps are starting. I think I might be getting that "pregnancy brain" because I've noticed at work I'm constantly forgetting things that I need in different places. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• mhobbesmhobbes member
    I'm 11 weeks now and my nausea is starting to fade... but I still have a lot of acid reflux and now I also feel sometimes this awful taste/smell in my mouth, pretty disgusting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm apparently now in the "eat and then eat again two hours later or else feel terrible" phase. It's seriously hard to get anything done at work when I'm constantly having to think about my next snack or else feeling so bad I can't concentrate! Luckily, it hasn't been like super bad nausea where I actually want to throw up... but it's definitely not a good feeling.

@kelseyhh Man, I feel ya. I feel like I'm eating so much! But when I step on the scale I'm still only fluctuating in a range of 2-3 pounds above where I started. I keep feeling like it's going to be so much higher, but it's not.

@mhobbes In your opinion, which is better - nausea or acid reflux? Haha. Neither are good options. At this point I almost wish to replace this up and down nausea with acid reflux if given the option.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @mbelow6103 My nausea is definitely lifting a bit, I think it's normal at the end of the first tri, and everyone's will lift at different times. I wouldn't worry! :)
  • ckonsciderckonscider member
    edited May 2018
    Joining in on the messaging boards for the sake of solidarity :).  
    Nausea started around 7 weeks for me and has been worsening (I'm at week 9 now)-- today I woke up with a horrible headache and terrible nausea that started the night before. No vomiting, but nausea takes over at least half the day (usually in the evenings).  I have digestion problems that predate pregnancy and am trying to stay on the GAPS / SCD diet, which has been helping me enormously in many things but does not go well with pregnancy cravings/aversions!  

I was SUPER fatigued in the first weeks (i.e, around week 4 - week 6) and then I started sleeping about 9-11 hours a night -- that has helped enormously.  I had problems w/ insomnia pre-pregnancy (linked to digestive problems) and this has been great, actually, for a fairly regular sleep cycle (though I can't seem to sleep earlier, just later :/ ).
  • I was wrong. So so wrong. The end of nausea is not in sight, apparently. As I mentioned earlier today, I forgot my unisom/b6 last night and though the morning was ok, I have been fighting the puke urge since about 2pm. Even typing about it makes me feel like barfing. Definitely taking meds tonight 
  • @morgantu I'm so sorry! I keep thinking mine's almost gone and then I go through a really bad bout too! Like right now. :/
  • I keep thinking nausea will never start and then I feel sick for a minute, but it goes away again. Right now I’m feeling sick after eating, which is just cruel. I only ate those snacks so that I wouldn’t get too hungry & feel sick. I’m laying on the couch waiting for it to go away. 
  • I went to a physical therapist to check out my tailbone pain. Apparently my sacrum is out of alignment. She said that pregnancy is going to be hard for me pain-wise because I'm so flexible (I can hyperextend my knees and arms pretty far). So, that's fun lol
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited May 2018
    I have a headache today. I’ve only had 4 this pregnancy (didn’t really have any my last two pregnancies) but it makes me so miserable. Nausea is still there, but a lot less. Yesterday was our anniversary and I had a meal of vegetables (veggie tray) and fruit (lots of different kinds cut up). It was the best I’ve felt after eating in a while (except the headache). My poor h- he had left over pasta. Anniversaries have really gone downhill lol. 
  • @Activebaby yesterday was my anniversary too!
  • Re: Nausea
    Note to self, don't ever stop my B6 supplementation...:grimace: I hope you all feel amazing tomorrow :heart:

Happy anniversaries @Activebaby and @Jens_Hoes !

Anniversary
  • Horrible nausea and dry heaves over here still, among other whines. I thought it wasn’t supposed to be as bad this time bc I am sill nursing my son....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Also- my super-sonic-belch superpower has been reinstated. My husband is confused as to how so much air fits in my body. I’m sure the neighbors will be texting trying to find out what bizarre toad-like animal is rattling their windows.
    Pregnancy Ticker