October 2018 Moms

Re: Salmonella Eggs

• Thanks @cdepperschmidt! Sadly I think this is the same one that we posted last month but 1. it's good to bump back to the top and 2. I can't believe it's still going on!
  • Oh shit! I missed that last month. I only knew about the lettuce.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well thankfully you clearly haven't gotten sick! :)
  • I don’t buy groceries are Walmart or Food Lion, but I did eat raw egg batter yesterday...
  • I don’t buy groceries are Walmart or Food Lion, but I did eat raw egg batter yesterday...
    MMMMM batter...
  • jynjer4jynjer4 member
    I licked the brownie batter spatula without thinking. It was delicious. 
  • Licking the spatula is the best part of making brownies.  
  • @cdepperschmidt - Now that is just cruel...   :D
  • I was making eggs this morning and I know my eggs are not on the recall list, but I'm still being cautious and cooking them thoroughly. So I asked DD to help me mix the eggs while I cooked the bacon. I look over and she is lifting the fork (dripping with raw egg) to her mouth and took a huge bite of it. I freaked out and kept yelling NO NO NO, but she did it anyways. Ugh. Kids suck sometimes.
  • This is kind of a dumb question, but how do you know if a sunny side up egg is cooked thoroughly? I really only eat scrambled eggs and omelettes at home, so I cook them until there's no gook left, but one of my fave brunch places puts a sunny side up egg on my usual order, and I just wasn't sure. I did ask them to really cook it, but it seemed like it was about the same as usual.