Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Treatment and Testing- Week of 5/14

edited May 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What is your favorite vacation spot?

Re: IF Treatment and Testing- Week of 5/14

• Loading the player...
  • @avrilmai yes I’ve kept my FF VIP going as I also still track all my IVF cycles (including temps as I’m crazy). I mean I didn’t start off planning to do multiple IVF rounds, but now it means I can select the charts for cycles I did IVF and just compare those ones even. And because in between treatment cycles I still dream about being a SS  :D
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @rallykat14 yay I’m glad she’s finally getting started!!! Keep us posted! 

@nitnat007 I feel like you’ve been waiting a while for the results! Hopefully you get them soon.

@emmasemm yes we will start the BCPs before the biopsy but I didn’t specify it’s an endometrial biopsy to check for endometritis before transfer it’s not an ERA. The mock transfer is just to make sure that my cervix is still dilated from my surgery in February for my transfer. 

@Avrilmai my nurse said my transfer will likely be 6/19 or 6/20. So about a month away. Honestly, I’d say cancel the VIP. I use the regular one to track AF but the RE does everything so there was no need for me to still temp especially since meds make temps wonky. That’s just my two cents though
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @rallykat14 Any word on ER date yet or how baseline  scan went? 

@nitnat007 I seriously hope you get your results sooner than later. Once, I went around my RE to the hospital’s medical records to get my results. RE was not very happy  :#

@beachbunnyxo123 Holy beautiful 3 embryos. Congratulations!

@emmasemm No advice on extreme fatigue other than being kind to yourself & adjusting accordingly. It sounds like you did a great job of that this weekend by backing out of the garden project. 

@Avrilmai If you don’t mind educating me- do BCPs help shrink the cyst or are they so you can stay on a certain cycle while it self-detonates?  

• @jrm_14 the goal is for the BCP to help shrink the cyst so that it doesn't detonate. (I've had that happen a few months ago and it was the most extreme pain I've ever felt, so avoiding that would be great) Sorry that the IUI cycle wasn't what you had hoped. If you don't move forward with another IUI is the plan to move straight to IVF?

@purplg8r I'm glad this cycle wasn't a total loss. i know it was questionable for a while. FX that this is it for you. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @beachbunnyxo123 What wonderful news! So happy for you and your three embies. <3

@rallykat14 Fx for good news on your portal soon!

@nitnat007 I hope you can get the MRI results soon! What great news about YH, as well! Good for him for making that choice.

@emmasemm I love Palo Alto! Such a pretty area. I grew up relatively near there. I hope the priming ends up being worth it! Sorry you’re feeling so wiped out though.

@Avrilmai I’m sorry you’re benched right now, but it’s great that you’re focusing on egg health. Let us know what changes you make! I’m always looking for new ideas.

@jrm_14 I’m sorry this IUI didn’t go well. Have you talked to YH about the language he’s using around this? I know I tend to talk about the next round of treatment as a way of both not getting my hopes up too high and maintaining the feeling that I have a plan. Perhaps that is what he’s doing, but if he realizes that it’s hurtful to you I’m sure he can figure out how to reframe things!

@purplg8r FX that this IUI works for you, but I hear you on keeping expectations low. That’s me with this latest IUI as well.

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited May 2018
    @darkstar42 did you use letrozole before?  On 50mg clomid, I had a headache the second or third day that was kind of nagging until the last dose. I found if I took it at night as I went to bed, the headaches were better, as were the mood changes. 
    This most recent time, on 100mg, I took it at might & was still raging moody from about the second pill through the last day. 
    Hopefully you sidestep the side effects!
    eta: No, I have not talked to him about the language. I had not even thought about it.  Sometimes things seem so simple when others point them out ❤️

@Avrilmai Thanks for the explaination!!  If this is our last IUI & is not successful, I will push for a hysteroscopy/laposcropy to better assess the partial septum & check for endo. Then, the plan would be IVF. 
  • @purplg8r and @jrm_14 nothing yet. Ugh. 

@purplg8r good luck on your wait...crossing my fingers for you.

@Avrilmai I have always just kept my basic.  When I started IVF I depended on my notebook more than the app. I stopped doing temps as well and it was kind of liberating.  

@darkstar42 gosh clomid was so long ago.  I think by my second round the side effects started earlier, but not the first cycle.  I really only experienced hot flashes, a lot of thirst,  some minor headaches and that was about it. 
    Formally Leekat
    Me: 36 DH 38
    Married Sept 2014
    TTC Since Nov 2015
    IVF Cycle 1 - 0 eggs
    IVF Cycle 2 - 3 embryos
    FET 1 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    FET 2 (transferred 2 embryos- BFN
    IVF Cycle 3 - 1 embryo
    FET 3 (transferred 1 embryo) - BFN
    Donor Egg Retrieval 2/19/18 -4 embryos that didn't make it to freeze
    Donor Egg Retrieval 4/30/2018 - 6 eggs - 5 embryos frozen Day 3
    FET 4 (with donor eggs) (transferred 1 embryo) -BETA 7/10 - BFN
    Hysteroscopy & Endo Scratch 
    FET 5 (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos)-BETA 9/10 - BFN
    Final FET (#6) (with donor eggs) (transferred 2 embryos) BETA 10/15 BFP!!
    EDD: June 24, 2019 Baby O born June 26, 2019

• @kristokekerooni thanks for the link
    I have access through my university accreditation- if anyone wants the full article please feel free to pm me
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @50Wife I understand expecting the worst. But I really hope that you’ll be surprised. And lobster on the beach sounds amazing. 

@nitnat007 ugh. So annoying!

@rallykat14 I’m so excited for you!!

• suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    @darkstar42 Mine (cysts and pain) were delayed until after IUI (this is not every woman's experience), but the strong emotions came while taking the Clomid (probably 2-3 days into it) but then subsided after 2-3 days after the 5 days was over. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• 50Wife50Wife member
    @rallykat14 are they changing anything this cycle to give you guys a better chance or was it really just shit luck last time? I really really reeeeeeally hope this is it for you guys!
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @rallykat14 Oh wow, no price tag is huge!!!! That is great that she's doing it again for you guys, stimming and an ER is no easy task so that's great that she was willing.
    Keep us updated :)

• @darkstar42 when I took clomid i had a minor headache on like day 3 and it was gone by the time i finished the meds. I also developed a cyst that then ruptured, but that was much later. 

@50Wife the pharmacist really said that? I thought a basic knowledge of science/biology was a pre-req for pharmacy school. 

@rallykat14 hoping this cycle goes much, much better. having a timeline is forward progress.

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• HALP. I have to use estrace vaginally and I’ve always taken it orally. Since were on the topic of shoving things up our hoohas, what are your tips?? I still have two weeks but I need to mentally prepare. 
    edited May 2018
    @emmasemm If you're still there, you're about 5 hours from me. If you start driving now, you will be here by dinnertime ;)

@nitnat007 That's great news he is switching to vaping! Yes, there is still nicotine involved, but that has been shown to be anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective. Remember that there are 3 chemicals (nicotine, propylene glycol, and vegetable glycerin--all in our foods and products) involved vs the over 8K there are in cigarettes! 

@beachbunnyxo123 I'm excited for you, go embies go! <3 Also, I didn't experience any leakage with estrace, only progesterone. I second what wabash said about wearing a panty liner but you might not need it. 

@rallykat14 5/30 is my birthday and all I want for my birthday is for you to get a take home baby! I mean that <3

Ladies, I'm rolling re; the hoo ha things falling out talk :D 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @jrm_14 I did use letrozole before, and had minimal side effects the first time on it, and no side effects for the next two cycles. I’m on 100mg of clomid, and other than a minor headache the first day, I’ve been fine! Fx it stays this way, but today is the last day of drugs. Hope you and YH have had a chance to have a good conversation about everything!

@rallykat14 Thanks! This is my first round with clomid, so I have no basis for comparison. It’s always helpful to hear others’ experiences! I’m so glad your donor is cycling again, and so soon! The fact that they aren’t charging you for this cycle definitely makes me wonder if the lab messed something up.

@50Wife Interesting that the second cycle was worse than the first with clomid! Were the cycles back to back? I wonder if there was some lingering effect of the first round of drugs when you started the second. I have my fingers crossed so hard that you finally get good news this cycle!

@nitnat007 Still no side effects and only one more dose to go! Fx it’s actually working… What a bummer that you have to keep on waiting for the MRI results. I’ll be refreshing the thread all day Friday waiting to hear what they found!

@suzycupcake I am definitely a little worried about the possibility of cysts! Regardless of the outcome of this IUI we’re taking a break the next cycle, partly to give my body at least a month off of meds.

@Avrilmai Thanks! So far my side effects are the same as yours – a mild headache early on that’s already gone. Today is my last dose, so I’m hoping I’ve made it through this round relatively painlessly.
  • @beachbunnyxo123 I’d use a pantyliner too. I had blue leakage.  I will say that I have to pay more attention using the estrace than progesterone because my pills are teeeny and there’s been a couple of times that I’ve “lost” it when inserting and had to go looking for it
  • 50Wife50Wife member
    @beachbunnyxo123 I bought applicators from amazon for my meds this time around since they're pills (good lookin out @jrm_14!!)
    Estrace is muuuuuuch smaller than the prometrium so I'm not sure an applicator would work for that pill. 
    When it came to this med, the ivf coordinator basically told me to stick it in as far as possible and just lay down for a few minutes to give it a chance to start absorbing. Not sure how necessary that would be but those are the tips she gave me 
    edited May 2018
    @darkstar42 If you do get them, it will be okay, and they will dissolve. The thing I find helpful is to take it easy, not jumping around, etc., eating good food, hydrating well, and pelvic rest in general. Taking a break in between cycles I think is a great idea. That's one thing I wish I would have done more of when I was doing iui. I'm glad you've felt okay on clomid, that's great. Hang in there and grow follies grow!

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• 50Wife50Wife member
    @darkstar42 yes my cycles were back to back! I think they were lingering effects from cycle one that just made their way to cycle two. Hopefully you're not as bad and love your husband through the meds! I mean I did...he was just annoying AF lol