Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 5/14

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Monday 5/14

• LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: sexing

R/R: Well first BD after my HSG brought on a whole lot of spotting. I wasn't spotting at all before this so I wonder if we would of waited one more day we would of been fine. Oh well. I think it's finally let up which is good cause I really don't want to miss FW this cycle! I would typically get a positive OPK today and O tomorrow but I don't think I will. They have been so very negative it's almost laughable. So that's also good timing wise. I just hope I O sooner rather than later since we have friends staying with us this weekend.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours? I'm terrible and never cook... but when I do make tacos I usually fry up some hamburger with taco seasoning. Place the meat in the soft shells and then pin them closed with a toothpick. Then fry them in coconut oil.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• edited May 2018
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Acupuncture, BBT, Yoga, supplements, PCOS Diet

R/R: My temps still seem like they are all over the place.  It is just so frustrating because usually with acupuncture they even out fairly quickly.  

CS/Q: How do I do a spoiler box thing?  I didn't see it listed on the new members thread, but maybe I missed it?

ETA: Thanks @littleredm I was able to get my chart added!

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours?  Usually just cook some beef or turkey with taco seasoning and then put in a taco shell with whatever toppings we want.
  • Loading the player...
  • hoodevil0611hoodevil0611 member
    edited May 2018
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: The usual

R/R: Monday.  I didn't get as much work done yesterday as I should have, so now I'm behind and a touch hungover.  New cycle resolution to drink less.  We'll see how that goes...

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours? I just hit up our neighborhood taco truck.
  • @sparklingdiamond click on the format option at the top and it'll give you a drop down where you can select spoiler. How do you like getting acupuncture? I'm super needle phobic so I'm a little iffy about trying it, but I've heard it has great benefits when it comes to stress. Does your insurance cover it or do you pay out of pocket? 

@hoodevil0611 taco trucks are the best!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: bbt, pnv, cm, opk, etc

R/R: Rant: My skin has decided to break out right on my nose. My plan is to aggressively spot treat and stay inside until it corrects itself. 

Rave: We have two peppers on our pepper plant that are growing and a bunch more blooms. It's our first time trying to grow our own food and it's exciting. 

CS/Q: Still waiting for FF to confirm. I think I'm either 2 or 1 dpo.

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours? 

Lately my husband has been making sweet potato and chorizo tacos. basically garlic, sweet potato, corn with peppers, black beans, and chorizo all cooked in a pot. Put it in tortillas and add some baby spinach and salsa verde or i make some guacamole to go with . They're really delicious. It's become a common meal in our house.
  • @littlredm I love acupuncture!  Unfortunately, my insurance doesn't cover so I pay out of pocket.  $95 a session, which isn't cheap.  But it's the one thing I know for sure helps my cycles, so I am willing to pay for it.  I was kinda freaked out about the needle thing at first too (like I used to pass out when just getting my blood taken), but they really don't hurt.  They are tiny needles.  It regulated my cycles and I think helps with the stress aspect too.  Also those tacos sound amazing!!
  • @LJMoon6 But friends coming over could make for an interesting hio when you and yh are alone jus sayin' ;)

Month/Cycle: whatever at this point

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: I'm really annoyed. I should've ovulated by now. Granted, I'm not taking any fertility meds this time, but my cycles are usually regular when we've taken breaks in between treatment. I hope I also ovulate without the meds, in between. Our timing is good so far. I'm gonna opk test starting again today to see if maybe I will gear up again so we can hio every other day starting tonight. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours? I cook turkey burger in a pan and add taco seasoning. I bake shells at 250 for 6 minutes. When everything is done, I put burger in all of my shells, add shredded cheese, onions, salsa, and sour cream, has to be in that order. Then I top it off with tajin. Other times, I might squeeze lime before putting the sour cream and tajin. Love tacos. I could eat them every day!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @LJMoon6 I’ve never thought to try frying soft shell tacos... that sounds delicious!!
    @sparklingdiamond My temps have been weird too - I’ve never tried acupuncture but may need to look into it!
    @littleredm Yum those tacos sound good too... now I’m hungry!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 19 :frowning:

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, opk’s, hio

R/R: Really frustrated that I don’t seem to be ovulating, but my U/S results came back normal so that’s a relief! Might need to ask my doctor about Clomid after a few more cycles, but when my last cycle lasted 70+ days that could be a while!

CS/Q:

GTKY: We just use ground beef and taco seasoning mix, but now I feel like we need to mix it up some! We sometimes make taco bowls with tortilla chips instead of regular shells.
  • I'm sorry @dogmomma271 that's so frustrating! I'm yelling at your ute for you. Hang in there. I hope you will get some answers soon and find a solution. 

I can relate. My ovaries decided to be assholes this cycle. They are assholes every cycle, but this time, I got a positive opk 3 days ago and then another one just a little while ago. No temp rise this morning like was supposed to happen. Keep temping and doing opks twice per day so you don't miss your surge. It's still possible for your body to try and gear up. Don't give up <3 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: sex frequently, opk, prenatals

GTKY: Mmm! We LOVE tacos! We like to simmer chicken with taco seasoning, top with our favorite toppings - lettuce, tomato, cheese, and guac! 
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK, CM, sex

R/R: I bought some regular OPKs so I will try to see if I can get lucky and catch an LH surge. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours? I love tacos! The taco truck carne asada can’t be beat, but I make taco salad about once a week or so. Ground turkey with seasoning, refried beans, green onion, tomato, cilantro, avocado, fried egg, queso fresco, lime juice and tomatillo salsa on top. Que rico!

• Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: PNV, CM, starting this cycle: TEMP, OPK

CS/Q: Best brand for your money on OPKs? 

GTKY: Tacos. How do you make yours? All the ways. Left over steak? Slice it up, lime it up, cilantro on top in a corn tortilla. Chicken left overs? Shred it, spice it, cheese it in a fried corn tortilla. Ground turkey? Throw on some avocado lettuce and tomato. Lazy day? Taco joint down the street for carne asada. Craving junk... Taco Bell all the way. Tacos are always on the menu at our house. 
  • *lurking from tww*
    @JLaVO888 Many use either the Easy@Home or Wondfo brands (no real difference between them) that you can buy on Amazon for really cheap, and have no trouble with them. They are definitely the best bang for your buck imo. I use the Easy@Home and have had no issues with them. 
  • @JLaVO888 I second the Wondfo. No issues and nice and cheap. Last order was a 50pk for about 16/17$