Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-in w/o May 14th

edited May 2018 in Pregnant after IF
How far along?
Appts this coming week?
How're you feeling this week?
GTKY:  Not sure if baby-brain is a thing... but have you experienced any entertaining, "baby-brain," moments?

Don't forget HDBD on Wednesday... ❤
<p><b>Mommies to be:</b></p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/irisheyes81"><i>@irisheyes81</i></a><i> EDD 8/4 GIRL! ...off to 3rd Tri...</i></p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/2MomsHoping">@2MomsHoping</a> EDD 8/12 GREEN!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/laurad75">@laurad75</a> EDD 8/20 BOY!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/sarcasticowl">@sarcasticowl</a> EDD 8/30 GIRL!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/lablover78">@lablover78</a> EDD 9/1 BOY!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/hottietoddie">@hottietoddie</a> EDD 9/5 BOY!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/BusinessWife">@BusinessWife</a> EDD 9/9 GREEN!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/sarzee2">@sarzee2</a> EDD 9/10 GREEN! </p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/adirat">@adirat</a> EDD 9/15  BOY! </p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/marimarii">@marimarii</a> 9/30 GIRL!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/chicandbubbly">@chicandbubbly</a> 10/01 GIRL!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/halfanewt">@halfanewt</a> 10/3 GREEN!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/Klyn7">@Klyn7</a> 10/6 GREEN!</p><p><a rel="nofollow" href="https://forums.thebump.com/profile/dragonfly6191">@dragonfly6191</a> 10/14 TWINS!</p><p>@wildrainbow 11/11 BOY!</p><p>Please also let me know if I can add any updates to the list! ❤❤❤</p>

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in w/o May 14th

• I get to join y'all, yay!! Found out this weekend that it looks like we are having another miracle little baby boy rainbow!

How far along? 14w1d

Appts this coming week? I have an u/s and seeing OB tomorrow

How're you feeling this week? RLP started yesterday and I forgot how painful it can be. 

GTKY:  Not sure if baby-brain is a thing... but have you experienced any entertaining, "baby-brain," moments? My biggest baby brain moment so far has been when I thought I lost my car keys. I searched high and low and was almost in tears when H pointed out they were in my hand. It wasn't my best moment in life. 
  • Loading the player...
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited May 2018

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EVERYONE!  Man, what an emotionally draining day.  Every time someone said happy mothers day I almost started crying- so like 15 times and it started saturday and still going today! lol ....I'm so thankful to be pregnant this mother's day but last one was so shitty and it's been a hard road.  Just so glad I didn't have to spend with my mother in law.  We even took some bump pics this weekend by the flowers and I was impressed that I had the energy to do it! 

wow @sarcasticowl that nursery looks great!  Congrats on having it come together!

@wildrainbow congrats and welcome!

@BusinessWife that's kind of funny of your supervisor to say- make a joke to lighten the mood I guess- but kind of not.  Would be better if she didn't tease you like that as we are all doing our best and it is amazing you are still working full time and pregnant!  Don't let her get you down and maybe don't laugh at the joke- I have a tendency to keep laughing when I think people are crazy and innapropriate and then they keep going- so important safety tip! haha

@2@2MomsHoping - continuing discussion from last week, yes we finally finished our registry last week.  My husband and I sat down on the couch and knocked it out.  It wasn't easy and I thought I had a bunch done already.  I had notes a friend had helped me with so that was nice, but still took like 4-5 hours and we were exhausted after.  Had to get it done though because baby shower invites went out last weekend.  I do think him helping was a huge advantage, I just told him I couldn't do anymore on my own.

How far along? 
    24 weeks tomorrow!   I'm so glad to be to this milestone and hoping this week goes by quickly and un-eventfully.

Appts this coming week?  Don't have any this week, but have to make next perinatal appointment.  Annoying because they told me they'd ask my ob what he thinks and call me back.....no call.  Just like after surgery and I was constipated for 4-5 days and in pain....no call back.

How're you feeling this week? meh, okay.  I have been going out to dinners and the movies (with the reclining chairs).  I figure as long as I don't walk much it's about the same as sitting at home and eating or watching TV.  There is a bit more walking but my doctor said I'm allowed to walk around the house and stand up while working.  I am very thankful for not having to get all dressed every morning and drive back and forth to an office and deal with people, but working at home along is a bit boring and gets lonely.    So been trying to get out of the house on weekends.  A friend who is having a brunch shower for me is having a birthday party this coming weekend so I hope I can go for a bit.  I'll just have some food and then go shouldn't be a big deal and hopefully can talk my husband into it.

GTKY:  Not sure if baby-brain is a thing... but have you experienced any entertaining, "baby-brain," moments?  Yes it is definately real!  This was a lot worse for me in first trimester, but I was super anxious then and going crazy.  I think I might be getting used to it by now and actually glad I can't remember some stuff.  Like details of surgery and rude comments people make seem to disappear easily.... Ironically I can't really remember a specific example right now! hah

• sarzee2sarzee2 member
    Hi All! 

23 weeks today! It's still so weird to see more weeks done than I have left to go!

No appointments until June when I'll have my regular OB check-in, 28 week scan at the hospital and GD testing!

Physically I'm feeling great! We did lots of work on the nursery this weekend and I also received a huge order of maternity clothes from Old Navy/Gap. I can still fit into most of my jeans but my top selection was running low, so I'm excited to have some cute tops and dresses.

Baby brain...oh man the one mistake I made could have been SO bad. I'm a recruiter for a tech start-up and I scheduled a pretty high level interview for one of my hiring managers. The candidate shows up as a I was setting up a training and he was no where on the interview calendar, the hiring manager's calendar, etc...turns out that I scheduled him on the calendars for a completely different date than I'd worked out with him via email. Luckily by some miracle the hiring manager was available (his schedule is normally back-to-back meetings), so it all turned out okay, but I was like "Oh my god am I going to have to tell this candidate to come back next week because I'm a pregnant idiot?" I obviously triple check everything I've schedule now just in case!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • I miss you guys already! @2MomsHoping this reminds me of FET group when I kept lurking your beta because I missed you so :) hope you are doing well. 

@sarcasticowl that nursery is just beautiful. I love it so much. 
    @BusinessWife I love that question about pregnancy brain!  I feel like it's pretty convenient but there are some times where words just don't come.   I'm sure you look fantastic. Baby must be growing :) 
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• How far along?  27+1
    Appts this coming week?  No appointments but we did have our first birthing class on Sunday, and it will continue for the next 6 Sundays.  Kinda intense…things are getting real.
    How're you feeling this week?  I’m so up and down.  The nausea has been worse than usual this last week.  I talked to my OB and we added a daily heartburn medication and she increased my anti-nausea meds back up again :/ Unlike the 1st trimester though it seems to only be bad about 50% of the time and when I feel good I run to get things done and kinda over-do it.  I really hate taking all this medication but at the same time I really like to be a functional human being.
    GTKY:  Not sure if baby-brain is a thing... but have you experienced any entertaining, "baby-brain," moments? Last week sometime I was going to make my morning smoothie and the little flip top to the pour spout on the lid was missing.  I figured it just snapped off when I was pulling to out from under the cabinet (it’s kind of a tight fit and I’ve done it before).  I looked around on the counter but couldn’t find it.  I decided to just hold a paper towel over it and move on with my life.  So I’m on the way to work and take a sip and think geez the raspberries in this smoothie have so many seeds.  I never should put in so many raspberries.  Maybe these berries are bad the seeds don’t “pop” when I bite them.  Finally around my third sip I took the “seeds” out of my mouth only to find they are pulverized bits of plastic from my missing spout.  However, I’m not convinced this was baby brain and may have been my subconscious working to get my a new blender.  Ours was perfectly fine but I wanted one with a smoothie cup attachment and after going to try and buy one I found our model didn’t have a compatible add on.  In related news I very much enjoyed making my smoothie this morning and not having to wash out the big blender J  

@businesswife hope everything goes great at the ECHO today.  Always a joy to see the little one J  I hope you like your doula, if your not sure it’s best to keep looking.  I love ours she is a hoot.  I was worried they were going to be a little too natural for me.  Mine has blue hair and drives a minivan with a bumper sticker, that has two babies on it and says “twins up in this b*tch.”  The most important thing I think with a doula is to find someone who you just jive with and has the personality you need to keep you sane when things get overwhelming. 

@wildrainbow welcome, and congratulations on hitting that second trimester milestone!  Good luck on your appointment tomorrow. 

Is that a magazine?  No, its @sarcaticowl’s nursery.  How stinkin cute is that?  I love the decals the little owls and foxes it’s just adorable.  Now that things are getting busy for the summer I think I have to get DW to pin down a stay-at-home do the nursery weekend. 

@hottietoddy glad you are feeling well and had some enjoyment for mother’s day.  For the registry ours is slowly coming together.  We have been debating between a few products for some items and this week we finally settled on:  diaper brand, bath/body product line, the umbrella stroller, the baby tub.  The high chair, pack & play, and diaper bag were evaluated but we were unable to reach a consensus :P

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• @sarzee2 just in case you do end up growing out of your jeans (which you will), may I suggest staying as far away as humanly possible from Old Navy's maternity pants with the full belly panel. They are all TERRIBLE. They are bunchy right above the crotch and the stretchy belly part starts WAY too low and they just look awful. No issues with their tops (Gap's seem much better made, though). Jessica Simpson maternity jeans at Motherhood are outstanding :)
  • @businesswife hope your echo went well today!
    @sarcasticowl Love the nursery! It looks great!!

How far along? 20 weeks, 1 day! Halfway there- more then halfway if this baby also comes early! :) It's crazy to me... time is flying by!!
    Appts this coming week? Nope...

How're you feeling this week? Feeling good aside from sinus issues- not sure if it is seasonal allergies or a cold but I can hardly breathe! Pregnancy wise I am feeling good- the last few days I have felt some stronger kicks so that has been exciting.

GTKY:  Not sure if baby-brain is a thing... but have you experienced any entertaining, "baby-brain," moments?

Oh man... it's definitely real! The worst one happened this past Friday lol... I was craving a chocolate milkshake so badly so I went through the drive-thru at Chik Fila A, paid and then drove away...without my milkshake :'( I didn't realize I didn't have it until I got onto the freeway...... Literally almost cried.. haha.

Last pregnancy I went to the store TWICE without my wallet. The first time I had unloaded all of my groceries and they had scanned them all before I realized it. So embarrassing!!! :D

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Welcome to 2nd Tri! @wildrainbow !!!  I will add you to the list.  What's your EDD?  I know you said how far along but I cannot math right now, and I figure it's just easier to ask ;)

Congratulations on hitting the halfway point!  @chicandbubbly Such an awesome milestone!
  • @sarcasticowl omg your nursery is an absolute <i>Dream</i>! :love: We will be doing some kind of woodland, too, but with dark wood - your decals turned out great, though!

@irisheyes81 Congrats on 3rd Tri!  Please lurk as much as you please ❤  again, not going to try to math... but we're coming up behind you!  Just five more weeks of second tri for me.... ;)

@2MomsHoping  omg, you're getting so close!  You're next on deck for 3rd Tri already... how exciting.  That is such a hoot about your doula!  The one we met was really nice.  I think we will probably go with her.  I have to look again online at the packages i guess, but mostly it's a couple prenatal visits, unlimited labor and birth support, and one postpartum home visit.  She's also very close, so it sounds like the plan is to labor at home as long as possible, and she will come to thw house when we need her, then she will be there to help us make the call that its time to go to the hospital (which is like 10-12 min away).  Is your doula package simular?

@sarzee2  Fun wardrobe refresh!  Hipe you are enjoying this downtime bwtween appointments, and congrats on getting the nursery started, too. :blush:  we are not quite there yet, but have been doing lots of other major housework, working our way upstairs.  DH feels like after all this spring cleaning and whole-house decluttering, setting up the nursery will be the funzie part, which is kinda true for us, so I'm trying to trust it will all come together just fine.  And sneak peeks???

@hottietoddie Congrats on aaaallllmost V-day!!!!  Hooray!  And thanks for the encouragement.  Working 40 hours outside the home is not something I really want to be doing, especially after baby comes.  Once I'm there, I mean really it's fine, but it's just like work gets all my best hours, and I come home exhausted with not much left for my family, kwim?  So we'll see how that goes.  Keep up the good workntho, finding balance between being home all week, and getting out on weekends, so you're not feeling too cooped up. ;)
  • How far along? 19+5
    Appts this coming week? Nope. Anatomy scan last week, though! 
    How're you feeling this week? So far, so I good! I felt the first kick from the outside last night. Awww :) 
    I was volunteering for at a cooking class a few weeks ago and lost someone’s pie crust for a good 5 minutes. Luckily I was able to blame it on one of the students...

@sarcasticowl gorgeous nursery! 
    @BusinessWife glad the echo went well! That’s sweet that they gave you a photo :) 
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited May 2018
    @laurad75 hope you feel better soon- sorry if TMI but I had really serious constipation around my surgery to the point of scary.  I tried metamucil, benefiber, colace and milk of magnesia.  Finally my regular OB gave me a solution - Miralax.  It is not just fiber or stool softener it is a laxative . I took it twice one day, morning and evening, then morning the next day and wasn't too bad. But the stool softeners may have helped as well because didn't hurt too bad when did work.  Just wanted to share because if it hadn't have worked I'd have had to do an enima which I had to do when on pain killers before when got wisdom teeth out. Those aren't really that bad either.  It does not feel good not going and hope you feel better soon!
  • Congrats marimarii- one of each for you livin' the dream! Haha  
     :D 
  • @hottietoddy thanks. Me and hubby are super excited!
  • I am a small breasted girl & wear all underwire bras. I’ve grown a lot and my rib cage has expanded. I’ve been using bra expanders and squeezing myself into my old bras but today I picked up some supportive bras from Costco with no underwires- they are a dream!!!! So comfortable. They’re Gloria Vanderbilt if anyone’s interested. I’m so happy.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • marimariimarimarii member
    edited May 2018
    @lablover78 that's a good idea. If you are planning on breastfeeding you aren't supposed to wear under wire bras anyway. Underwire is suppose to cause mastitis. Then after breast feeding when the sag happens, underwire bras aren't comfortable anyway! Haha
  • @marimarii oh!!! Thank you ❤️ So.much.to.learn.
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @lablover78  that sounds like a great idea!  I'm just not sure way size to buy without trying on...  :# the girls were never that big, but they have definitely grown, so i feel clueless.  I am hoping to make time to get measured somewhere... maybe Macy's IDK 

@marimarii  Congratulations!!!  How wonderful!!!
  • Did anyone else see this article?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/11/well/family/reframing-mommy-brain.html?utm_source=babylist&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email
  • @hottietoddy That's good advice, thank you.  I feel like it's getting a little better but the struggle remains.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @marimarii congratulations on finding out you have a little girl on the way!!!!  If I found out I was having a little girl I would probably bankrupt us buying clothes…haha

@lablover78 I’ve been dreading bra shopping.  I recently found out underwires are a no-no for breastfeeding and keep meaning to start investing in some breast feeding friendly options.  As an underwire addict do you find the new bras supportive enough?  I’m large chested and can’t at all wrap my mind around not wearing an underwire.

Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping I am very large chested and bf ds for 2 years. I found that the nursing bras from Soma are very supportive. I also used nursing tanks on top of the bra for extra support. It worked like a charm. As an aside, you can wear underwrite nursing bras, but it's not recommended until your supply has regulated, which is typically about 10ish weeks. I will say, that the underwire bras are just not as comfortable and I only used it if we were going out somewhere nice/date. Your boobs will fluctuate size so much during the day, that wireless bras are able to accommodate more than their wired counterparts. 
  • @wildrainbow thanks for the tip on Soma!  I've always had good luck with their bras but had no idea they carried nursing. I'm totally going to check it out!

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping I've primarily with underwire bras with nursing and haven't had any issues (9 months of nursing now). I actually prefer underwire, as I feel more and better support. 
  • lablover78lablover78 member
    edited May 2018
    Has anyone had extreme tightening of their belly? I can’t tell if something is wrong or what but it is so tight and has been for an hour or so at this point. I feel uncomfortable and I don’t know what’s going on.

@businesswife I’ve been planning to get measured too because I’m clueless

@2MomsHoping i am definitely not in the position to give advice on support as I’ve prob gone from an A to B if I had to guess...which is huge for me lol. I’m like oh well this is how the other half lives - getting to fill out their clothes and such. I would keep these if I could. 
    TTC since May 2013
  • adiratadirat member
    @lablover78 Could it be braxton hicks? I get BH after vomiting and it is insane how tight and uncomfortable (though not really painful) they can be. My doctor said it's normal...

• Ok thanks so much- IF Brain really getting to me. I see OB on Tuesday so I’ll me
    TTC since May 2013
  • Ugh! I’ll mention it then. Thank you
    TTC since May 2013
  • @lablover78 I started typing my reply at like 6AM, and never finished, but I was going to suggest maybe the same thing?  BH?  I would feel moments of that tightness here and there that I had chalked up to being positional, like if the baby was flipping over in there.  So I'm not sure, but if you're concerned, I say, it doesn't hurt to call your ob/ mw and get reassurance from them.... (((hugs)))
  • adiratadirat member
    @lablover78 You're welcome. Definitely ask your doc. Even though I was pretty sure it was BH, I still felt light years better asking and hearing from my doctor that it was all ok! 

• @lablover78 It sounds like BH to me too, but and hour sounds like a long time.  My doc recommended drinking a big glass of water which I thought wouldn't do anything but really seems to calm them down.  She said BH are more likely to happen if you are dehydrated so some more water can help. 

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Klyn7Klyn7 member
    How far along? 19+6 today
    Appts this coming week? Next Weds I finally have an appointment, the anatomy scan. I'm nervous!
    How're you feeling this week? I feel good. I feel like I should enjoy it, because I'm sure some more discomfort is coming soon... I signed up for some yoga classes and have gone twice so far. Doing IVF for so long made me completely fall off the exercise wagon (with on and off exercise restrictions), and it felt SO good to do something more challenging than walking.
    Nothing entertaining yet, just forgetting things at work... 
    :# when you have to have kindergarteners be your personal reminder assistants, you know you're in trouble.

@lablover78, I hope you got some peace of mind about the tightness you're feeling.
    Isn't it weird to grow out of your bras? I'm also small chested (extremely... like A- normally), and I've never even come close to overfilling a bra. I'm having the growth spurt I've been waiting for since I was 14. I finally bought some new ones on Amazon because I'm cheap. I'll report back if they are good:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LW1W1G6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    If nothing else, the brand name makes me laugh.

@sarcasticowl, your nursery is adorable!
    *TW*
    Me: 36 DH: 34 Dx: MFI, TTC since 2014
    3 IVF retrievals.
    PGS and PGD results from 9 embryos: 1 genetically normal embryo.
    April 2017 transfer. BFP! M/C 11 weeks.
    Donor embryo program: January 2018 transfer. BFP, EDD 10/6/18