Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 5/12-5/13

suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
edited May 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What is your greatest failure and how did you overcome it?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: WTO Weekend 5/12-5/13

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: pnv, cm, bbt, opks

R/R: Excited to get back home today after a quick trip to Houston.  Also excited to go to the lake tomorrow because it’s supposed to be beautiful.  Annnnnddd Monday is my husband’s birthday and I got him tickets to Bruno Mars who he has been wanting to see forever so I’m looking forward to seeing him kinda flip over that.

CS/Q: nothing to see yet

I in general try not to regret things.  But overall I would say that my risk aversion makes me miss out on things and I need to stop always doing the “safe” and “comfortable” things.
  • Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: The usual. We took April and the first part of this month off due to financial issues and some testing I was having done for chronic pain.

R/R: I had the test done almost two weeks ago (an arthrogram MRI of my hip) and still haven't gotten the results. I'm going to call on Monday and poke them. Rave - DH has finally been released from light duty after three months, but his injury isn't healed. So he's putting in for a transfer to another job because his current job is just going to continue aggravating it. Hopefully he'll get the new job soon.

CS/Q: None at this time.

GTKY: What is your greatest failure and how did you overcome it? I have no idea.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: opks, bbt

R/R: It’s been a good weekend.  Lots of fun with various groups of friends and great weather.  I can’t express how happy I am that it’s finally feeling like summer.  Unfortunately, time to get back to work this afternoon.

CS/Q: I got nothing.

Tough question!  I think for a long time, I would have said shyness and fear of rejection and failure held me back from taking a lot of opportunities and making the most of life.  I’ve gotten better about that as I’ve gotten older and more comfortable in my own skin and started worrying less about what other people think, but I still catch myself from being overly reserved sometimes.

@quidditchcapn1120, I’m slightly jealous of your trip to Houston.  That’s my hometown.  I’m sure it’s already oppressively hot there, but there’s a lot I miss about that town, especially the food!

@dreamscapes_, hope that transfer works out!
  • @quidditchcapn1120 What a thoughtful gift! I bet he’ll be so excited!  :smile:

@dreamscapes hope that you get your test results soon. Waiting is always so hard. FX that your husband gets the transfer!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Pnv, opk, cm

R/R: Have had a pretty good weekend so far. No complaints here. 

CS/Q: I’m pretty sure I ovulated either today or yesterday but waiting for ff to detect it.

Honestly when I decided to give up trying to act for a living it felt like a huge failure and like I lost a huge part of myself. I’m still coming to terms with it, but what I’ve realized is that there’s so much more to who I am than just being in theatre. Now I have the time to explore different things instead of spending all of my time focused on one thing.