Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS Weekend 5/11-5/13

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What does your family do for fun?

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: TFAS Weekend 5/11-5/13

• Options
    JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited May 2018
    I have mostly lurked for the last few months but I have a STM temping question. I may try to start participating more. If so I’ll make an official intro. I have been thinking about starting to temp but DD1 still can wake up quite often throughout the week. Even if I don’t get up, it’s enough to get me tossing and turning for a while most nights. Will my temps be accurate enough or will it just be more confusing and stressful? 

ETA: I guess I could answer the few GTKY questions so I’m not a total stranger.

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month? 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW CD 29

Ages of other child. 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Tested so I could drink for mother’s day... BFN.

Any questions? ^ up there

Rant/Rave/Brag: beer is so good and it’s friday!!! 

GTKY: What does your family do for fun? Camp, garden, fish, color

• Options

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DD 1.5 yrs

Any thoughts about this cycle? My menstrual cup experiment is a big fat failure. I think I just don't have the correct anatomy to use one. I'm also supposed to O memorial day weekend, and I'll have a bachelorette party I'm away for 2 nights, and my MIL will be staying with us from Fri-Tues. I'm supposed to O like Sunday or Saturday that weekend. I'm thinking this month is going to be a bust again and I'm throwing myself a pity party over here. 

Any questions? So, I thought I learned everything I needed to know last time around, but I'm wondering if I should read TCOYF? I feel like I know all I need to know about CM and BBT, but is there more I'd benefit from reading? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: We were in Target this morning and DD lost her shit when I put these very loud pink jelly shoes we tried on her back on the rack. Big crocodile tears and wailing like somebody pinched her really hard. So we left with them. She's wearing them now and doesn't want to take them off! They don't match much in her wardrobe, but I guess it doesn't matter. She's a baby. 

GTKY: What does your family do for fun? We don't have that much free time, but we go to the park, go for walks in our neighborhood, and we just got a membership at a wildlife museum. We're thinking getting a zoo membership, but it's just kind of a drive from our house. 

*TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @general_organa I gave away my copy of TCOYF and I’ve been sad about it. Also been thinking about reading it again. And I’ve had two cycles where we had so much shit going on that got in the way of TTC. It’s frustrating. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 If it's a 30 minute difference here and there, it might be okay, but generally speaking, bbt should be taken at the same time every day. Sorry. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    Well I would plan to take it proabably when I wake up every morning. But say I am up at midnight or 2 or 4 will it throw off my temps too much if I temp at 6 every morning? 
  • Options
    edited May 2018

What number are you trying for? 3 (counting Neice)

Cycle/Month? 10/7

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? DS is almost 3, niece is 9.5 (save me please!!!)

Any thoughts about this cycle? I'm just annoyed that I have a cold throwing off my temp. It's never 98 in the morning  (well pre o).

Any questions? Safe to discard illness high temps? If this cold last then FF is going to say I Od yesterday but that's not possible. AT is still lingering.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Neice has control issues and they manifest in food related battles. By some miracle, she actually asked for seconds of steak tonight. I'm shocked.

GTKY: What does your family do for fun? The usual. Walks, bike rides (for the kids). We will take trips to the zoo and aquarium and beach.

@general_organa sorry the cup failed. Try again next month  (though hopefully you won't need it). I've had a few other women say they didn't like them much the first month but the second they adjusted better.

@jlavo888 it's recommend you temp after 3 solid hours. I have nights where I don't sleep well (wide awake at 4 and just lay there) and I haven't really noticed much affect on my temps. You could always try for a month and if it doesn't work, don't keep up with it after.

• Options
    ^^^^^What she said :) 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options

@general_organa Even if you know most everything I think it is a really interesting read and a great reference.  

@JLaVO888 I think it’s worth a shot. I have a lot of nights of restless sleep and I don’t see much of an impact. I’m still able to see the general trend which is mostly the point anyway.   

Cycle/Month? 7/7

WTO/TWW? TWW... 2 DPO

Ages of other child(ren)? 16 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I had my annual with my OB last week and he was really great about my frustrations TTC.  I know we haven’t reached the year mark, but he understands I’ll be 34 soon and we still would like 2 more so he fully supports starting testing.  We are technically on cycle 8 since I know we had timing my first PP cycle but I wasn’t tracking then so I don’t count it here. We did CD3 labs and I’m getting my progesterone checked at 7 dpo this cycle.  If this cycle fails, my H will go for a SA again and if that is normal then I will do a SHG.  He also gave us referral info for a couple of REs should we decide to have the conversation soon. 

Any questions? Not right now

Rant/Rave/Brag:  The weather is awful today and has me all tired.

GTKY: What does your family do for fun? Now that it’s nice out (other than today), we love going to the zoo and parks and being outside as much as possible! 

• Options
    @JLaVO888 @Sparty18 thanks, ladies. I'm ordering TCOYF. I guess I didn't realize it also has information about using the methods for avoiding pregnancy as well. I can't do hormonal BC, so this will be really useful until DH gets the snip a few years down the road.

@prpl11butterfly unfortunately this was my second cycle with the cup. I've gotten the hang of it a bit better, but *TMI* (actually, is there such a thing as TMI in this group??), I'm having insane leaks nonstop, and it's not a size issue, and it opens completely. If anything the larger size cup I'm using might be a bit big (the small was too small), so I have no idea what's causing the leaks and I couldn't find anything useful on the internet to help me make the leaking stop. When I've emptied the cup after discovering the leaking, there'd only be like 1-2 teaspoons of fluid, so it probably wasn't overflowing. Sigh. I really really wanted it to work for me! 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    edited May 2018

Cycle/Month? 1/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? He will be 1 on 5/18

Any thoughts about this cycle? It's been really long. My cycles are typically long (38-41 days) but this cycle I didn't O until day 33.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What does your family do for fun? Hike, beach, outdoor things, teavel

Edited to fix spelling

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly I would discard temps. I had a cold last week and my temps were lower than normal. 
  • Options
    @chocolatelemons My son will be 2 on 5/18 :)
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24