September 2018 Moms

Deals, Steals, and Freebies

Re: Deals, Steals, and Freebies

• jayliijaylii member
    @BusinessWife It's a Phillips Avent Natural bottle.
  • Oh that's great!  I thought so!  @jaylii They gave me one in store at Destination Maternity, too.  It might take some convincing to get DH on board with starting an Amazon registry, but like, the majority of our babylist stuff is from there anyway so...
  • Loading the player...
  • nackienackie member
    @BusinessWife would even know if you just set it up?  If you’ve already picked everything out together, go for it. 
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @jaylii I got the same box and thought it was a pretty great value!
  • jayliijaylii member
    @nlc8424 Yes, I agree, there were a lot of great items in this box. I was pleasantly surprised!
  • Just thought I’d put a reminder out there that TRU sells baby stuff in many of their stores. Our local store is at 30%+ off everything. I got a Summer Infant 3D Lite for DS, a couple small packs of diapers for the new baby, a new Sofie giraffe for the new baby, and a couple pairs of shoes for DS for the price of what the stroller normally costs. We were planning on grabbing a couple convertible car seats for the next LO for when they outgrow their bucket seat, but they were all out of the ones I would have wanted. 
    So far only the BRU that were on the initial to be closed list have been closed in our area. The other 2 are still open and pretty well stocked. I got a changing station pad for $9 and waterproof mattress covers for $10. Not to mention a dresser that would have been $599 from the manufacturer for $370-something before taxes.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • nackienackie member
    @jaylii I recently signed up for ebates, but haven’t used it much since I do most of my shopping on Amazon and they don’t do cash back for them. They do work with Carters though, so that’ll be great for all the new clothes we’ll need 
  • @jaylii thanks!!! I just got two pairs of thin maternity leggings from Gap for 35 and free shipping!! ... And I'm thinking about more shopping when DH gets home. Gap and Old Navy have such cute little dresses for baby girls.... Especially when they're 40-50% off. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• I apologize if this has been covered, but how do I get the welcome box from amazon? It seems like I have to put something from every single category on the checklist onto my registry. Is that really the case? I’m a prime member. I understand that I need to order something off of the registry, but it’s also telling me that I have to complete the checklist. But, I don’t actually need something from every single category. I don’t seem to be able to manually check the boxes either. 
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @magnolia209 you can actually just check the boxes for each category and make a 10 dollar purchase and it should be yours.
  • @nlc8424 Oh! So not every single sub-category? I can do that! That explains it. Thank you so much! 
  • nackienackie member
    @magnolia209 I think you have to check off the sub category as well, but there should be an option to actually check the box to indicate you already have it and don’t need it. Then you have to request the box. 
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @magnolia209 you may need to actually check each subcategory box, but you don't need to pick something and add it to your registry. So you can pretend like you already selected it, just to get the welcome box.
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    @magnolia209 it let me manually check the boxes in each area that I didn’t actually select something. I did it from the app on my phone.
  • @nlc8424 @nackie @klj0228 Thanks ladies! I will keep trying. 
  • My sister never got her welcome box and we share a prime account. Is it bad that I just had it sent to me?
  • nackienackie member
    @yosemite2018 if you’re the one paying for the account, enjoy!  Otherwise I’d feel a little guilty. But I’m pretty sure you can only get one per account 
  • This is the main reason why I still haven't done it yet!  I want to, but unless DH is on board... technically it's his Prime account we share, so there's no way to do it without him knowing, unless I add a new Prime account. :/
  • @nackie it’s my aunt’s account so neither of us are paying. Since my nephew is already 4 months old I figured she may want some stuff but some she won’t and I will keep. Also I gave her soooo much of our baby stuff so she will probably be ok with letting me have it.
  • Ju Ju Be is having a huge warehouse clearance sale right now!! If you're still looking for a diaper bag or accessory.. It would be the perfect time to get one. The diaper bags are way over half off. 

• jayliijaylii member
    @BusinessWife Does your husband not like Amazon or want to do business with them? The Amazon registry can be set to private so no one sees it. 
  • DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    edited May 2018
    This is the main reason why I still haven't done it yet!  I want to, but unless DH is on board... technically it's his Prime account we share, so there's no way to do it without him knowing, unless I add a new Prime account. :/
    For the Welcome Box? I don't think there's much you need to get him "on board" for. Setting up a registry has had no other impact on my Prime account. You could add one item to your registry that costs more than $10 then manually check off all the category boxes to finish the checklist. Then just buy your $10 item and you'll be eligible for the box.

Granted I don't know you 2 personally but I don't see why it would matter if he wants to do the welcome box or not. It's not a big deal to do it and the samples were really nice this time!

ETA: And registries can be set up to be private. So if he just doesn't want one out there with your names on it you can still create it and just make it private. That's what I did since this is 2nd baby and it's for my purposes only. ETA2: And I see I was just beaten to this point, lol.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @smsaulino great find, I'll definitely be checking that out. Thanks!
  • nackienackie member
    @BusinessWife is there a reason he doesn’t want to do it?  Free stuff (that’s actually really useful) sounds like a compelling argument to me
  • I have no use for a BabyList registry but I just signed up for one for the free stuff, lol.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @smsaulino Oh man, that’s dangerous info to have! I’ve been searching for a nice larger bag to hold a lot of stuff since I’ll have two in diapers for potentially a whole year, maybe even more! 

Anyone have any opinion on ju-ju-be? I’ve never seen a bag in person and all sales are final.  :#
  • nackienackie member
    @DanyTargaryen I did the same!  Last time I had like 5 registries just for the welcome bags. This time I’m limiting it to just Babylist, Amazon and Buy Buy Baby. I probably could have done without the bbb one since it’s just for our furniture, but I was already in the store, so why not!
  • jayliijaylii member
    @DanyTargaryen I did the same thing with babylist and just got their box which had really nice stuff in it! I was most happy about the iPlay sun hat and $25 credit I received.
  • nackienackie member
    @BusinessWife you need to add at least three things from the babylist store as well as some things from other websites. Then you can request it. There should be details in the faqs.
    If you're already planning on buying stuff from Amazon, you need a registry!
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    @DanyTargaryen I did the same! The box was pretty good too!

I keep forgetting to pick up my goodies from target. The one I registered at was out when I did my registry. 

@BusinessWife my mom signed me up for the destination maternity program and I’m pretty excited about the free stuff. It was kind of a no brainer to us. 

@smsaulino I’ve been thinking about you the last two weeks...I have been on a major strawberry kick! I have been craving and eating them sliced with lime salt on top. 
  • @klj0228 oh yum!!! I eat them still with almost every meal. 

• klj0228 said:
    @DanyTargaryen I did the same! The box was pretty good too!

I keep forgetting to pick up my goodies from target. The one I registered at was out when I did my registry. 

I set up a Target one too! Didn't realize there was a goodie box available in store for them!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    @DanyTargaryen there is supposedly one if you go in store. I was told it was available even if you registered online. I would call the store before you go to pick it up though in case they are out. 
  • Zulily has some decent deals on baby carriers in their “first year gear” sale.