Chit Chat

Re: FFFC 05/11

• Loading the player...
  • Yea, dishwasher cleans dog slobber. NBD in my book.

If something happens to my marriage, I'm totally going after my mailman. He was a few years ahead of me in HS and all the girls were crushing on him. He probably didn't know I exsited then, but he does now (thanks to being my mailman) and I'm pretty sure I could land him. Though my mother questions why he's still single.....

And also, I hate being naked unnecessarily. Shower, sex, perfectly fine. But I'm not chilling around the house or going to bed without having a tank (or bralett) and undies on.
  • CraftyGCraftyG member
    I always used to put my plate on the floor for my dog before it went in the dishwasher and she would get the leftovers.

I will go for as long as possible without shaving, I hate it it’s just so much effort to shave every inch of your body! I’ll only really shave if I have an outfit when something’s on show or I’m wanting to up the romance and even then I’ll sometimes borrow Fi’s electric razor because it takes a fraction of the time and you can dry shave comfortably!
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    My FFFC:
    I've scoped out a new office that I want to steal! I currently share my office space with 4 older men. They're great but why would you want to share when you can have your own! I'd be stealing it from our student staff. But to be honest they don't even use it. It'd be on the second floor and I would have my own window. I'm totally prepared to ask for it when I get pregnant. I'm going to need privacy to pump anyways...
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Yea, dishwasher cleans dog slobber. NBD in my book.

If something happens to my marriage, I'm totally going after my mailman. He was a few years ahead of me in HS and all the girls were crushing on him. He probably didn't know I exsited then, but he does now (thanks to being my mailman) and I'm pretty sure I could land him. Though my mother questions why he's still single.....

And also, I hate being naked unnecessarily. Shower, sex, perfectly fine. But I'm not chilling around the house or going to bed without having a tank (or bralett) and undies on.
    Same. And my confession (probably more of a UO), I don't like going braless except for, yea, those categories above. I need the support! I don't understand women who are so excited to come home and take their bra off. And I'm not even that big either, a C. 
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    @CraftyG I have to shave every time I shower. It's just what I've gotten used to. If I don't then my prickly legs wake me up in the middle of the night lol.
    @lovesclimbing I love getting home and taking off my bra! For me it's not really about freeing the ta-tas but more about getting rid of the tight band around my lungs. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• CraftyGCraftyG member
    Oh I’m the complete opposite as soon as I step through my front door my trousers and bra come off. I think it’s just more comfortable without a bra on? I only own one nice push up/ sexy bra now, although it did cause an issue last week when I opened the door to have a chat with our neighbour while wearing a thin white top without a bra on and he kept the convo going and I didn’t realise why until after I shut the door and walked past a mirror
  • @eleven_ - yes! Sleeping naked is the best!!!! I can’t walk around my house during the day without clothes on but I must sleep naked. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Team Sleeping Naked.
    @Eleven - we must live in the same household... :joy:
  • Team sleeping naked and countdown to get home and take off pants and bra. This is why I am not more social with neighbors. 
  • Actually, I do sleep naked, I forgot about that. But my bra never comes off until right before I get in bed when I'm taking everything else off too.
  • @doxiemoxie212 I'm with you on the faucet situation and that is the main reason for me as well.

I can be braless but not topless and braless. It's one or the other. I do look forward to getting my bra off at night just because of the band  (I've gained a bit of weight and refuse to buy new bras because I'm going to get pregnant eventually and need new ones then).
  • @jrm_14 I share food with my cat. Usually ice cream and peanut butter. I'll let her lick it off my finger or the bowl if I'm done. In all honesty, sometimes she licks when she thinks I'm not paying attention too. Oh well.
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @prpl11butterfly There are times I’m sure my cat drinks from my water and I don’t see her or she thinks I’m not looking. I try not to drink after her due to my compromised immunity, though. 

@suzycupcake Sometimes all I see are the black hearts & not avatars, and have forgot if I LT already. Then, I do it to see if the number goes up or down & adjust accordingly. 

• eleven_eleven_ member
    @suzycupcake Your fear of something biting your butt is cracking me up. When I was little I had a fear that my dolls would bite my toes off in the night if they were poking out from the blankets. I still always have to have my feet covered at night! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    @Suzycupcake @eleven_ When I was young (through teenage years), I slept with all my covers tightly wrapped around me. Sometimes, I even slept in a sleeping bag on my bed so covers would not hang over the edge. I was terrified of mice crawling up the covers & into my bed. 
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited May 2018
    I had major issues with boob leaking at night after my daughter. It took about six months before they leveled out to where they usually don't leak at night. I slept with a prefold under me (I sleep on my stomach). Sometimes I get off it in the night and there's a big wet spot on the sheets a couple feet across!

Get a waterproof mattress cover! Everyone should have one, seriously, for night sweats or accidentally spilling water or whatever.
  • I am the same way with my feet and body parts when I sleep only my fear is that some underworld goblin will grab my feet like in those movies we watched growing up. I mostly notice these fears come full force during times of great stress and anxiety. Childhood fears announcing themselves, are one of my signals that lets me know I'm too stressed out and need to practice self care. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake I hate using the bathroom in our basement bc I’m sure a snake is going to be in it sometime. I saw a tv show when I was like 12 that his happened and I cannot get rid of the thought! Sometimes I check halfway through doing my business to make sure nothing else is in there  :D
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited May 2018
    A basement bathroom?  :o 

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• CraftyGCraftyG member
    I remember as a kid I was reading one of those teenage magazines and one girl wrote in about how a a snake got into her house because another neighbour flushed it down the toilet and it climbed up the pipes. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t true but it’s bloody scary!
  • Team Sleeping Naked... Actually, Team Partial Nudist, if I'm being honest >.>

I know it's not Friday anymore, but I guess my FFFC is that I honestly felt like this board wasn't exactly the right place for me and had intended on just hanging out on BOTB. Apparently I fit in just fine, though.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Idk about y'all but I'm having one of these after all of that ttgp nonsense today. I was about to lose my shit. Thank you to all of the ladies who came back to the boards to defend all of us. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited May 2018

Idk about y'all but I'm having one of these after all of that ttgp nonsense today. I was about to lose my shit. Thank you to all of the ladies who came back to the boards to defend all of us. 

*Goes to lurk TTGP*

ETA: So something I've been wondering for awhile. I keep seeing people telling posters to go post their test in the positive thread on 1st Tri. The way I've always read that thread is that it's for posting a positive test and "this is my positive" not a test you're unsure about and asking "is this a positive?" It seems like it's somewhat recent that the thread has devolved into people asking if their test is positive. The way I see it is people shouldn't be asking if they're pregnant anywhere on the site, and that thread should be just for pictures of confirmed positives.

If you're not sure, wait a day or two and test again, it's not complicated. What possible reason could there be for NEEDING to know now as opposed to tomorrow when that squinter will be more solid if they are pregnant? And I say this as someone who hurt my back and made a doctor's appointment for the day my period was due. And even then I didn't need to OH MY GOODNESS, AM I PREGNANT SO I DON'T TAKE WRONG MEDS!!!!1!!!!1!

I just tested that morning so I could go to the doctor and either say, "I just found out I'm pregnant" or "my H and I have been trying to conceive, my period is due today, and I got a negative/squinter test this morning" and then go from there and see what the doc said. 
  • I'm with you on that @lovesclimbing. 1 day or 2 is not going to make much difference. Any "need to know" situation will involve Drs and they are going to test regardless of an HPT result. 
  • @lovesclimbing well the name of the one thread is “what does a positive test look like” or something so I don’t know I think it’s fine to be like do you see a line. I truly thought I was going nuts with my first positive, and DH couldn’t see the line for like 4-5 days. Also after using OPKs for so long it can fuck with your head bc you’re so used to “as dark or darker” that a faint line seems nuts. But also waiting a few days is not a big deal, you are correct. 
    I hear what you're saying, but the bolded is kind of exactly my point. The name of the thread isn't "Could this be a positive?," it's "What does a positive really look like?" So that tells me the thread should be about what a positive actually is, not a whole bunch of posts of maybe positive maybe negative tests. 

And, in my opinion, the first post acknowledges it's supposed to be about posting true positives because it says to help others decipher if theirs is positive by posting a picture of your own actual positive. 

• @lovesclimbing I completely get where you are coming from. My two cents, since the thread name is followed by “??” And not “!!” I think it leaves it open for people to post in and ask opinions. If it was more of a statement, then may not. But that is just my view. 
  • nitnat007 said:
    @lovesclimbing I completely get where you are coming from. My two cents, since the thread name is followed by “??” And not “!!” I think it leaves it open for people to post in and ask opinions. If it was more of a statement, then may not. But that is just my view. 
    This.