January 2018 Moms
Options

Transition to Crib

Is anyone's baby sleeping in the crib yet? My DD has been in the rock n play since birth. She's sleeping through the night now and is definitely ready for the crib. Any advice? 

Re: Transition to Crib

• Options
    My lo is still sleeping in our room in her pnp and will be for another 3 months until she's 6 months. I did the same with DD1. I just feel a little more secure moving them to their own room and crib when they're a little bigger. As for the transition, with DD1 I started by getting her used to sleeping in her crib for naps. Hopefully, your lo will like her crib and swaddles. Unfortunately, mine did not as it was a change to a much larger, open space and she hated swaddles from birth :(  It also took work, as she was used to rocking to sleep. I had to first get her used to not rocking to sleep and self soothing by nursing/rocking until she was closing her eyes but not asleep and then I laid her down in crib. She of course would cry at first, but I would gently place my hand on her belly and quietly "shhhh" her, until she would fall asleep. It was not an easy process (had to keep going back in when she woke up and start over), but eventually she realized "mommy will still come when I need her," and she was not getting picked back up. Once I got her used to naps, then I put her down in her crib at night. I recommend having a solid routine, starting with naps, and making the transition over a weekend or time off, when you can catch up on sleep if it doesn't go well at first :)
  • Options
    I don’t have much advise bc I can’t remeber (blaming baby brain!) but defiantly second doing naps In the crib to start transitioning. 

And how awesome your LO is sleeping through the night!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kalee29Kalee29 member
    Thank you for the suggestions! I think we're going to try it out Memorial Day weekend when we have an extra day off. We've been so lucky to have her sleeping through the night I don't want to ruin it lol. 
  • Options
    Let us know how it goes! DD started out in the rock n play, and is now currently sleeping between us in our King in the dock-a-tot. I'm keep telling myself that I'm just gonna move the dock-a-tot to her crib, but I haven't done it yet. I know I'll miss waking up and hearing those little baby snores.