July 2018 Moms

Randoms Week of 5/7

Re: Randoms Week of 5/7

• @acunamatada Walmart gift card winner over here! Yay for all of us.. (insert eye roll) 

@kissableviv totally don’t blame you for that... my h has attachment issues too. Never know when you might need that! 
  • Loading the player...
  • +1 for being sad about everyone moving to Facebook. I was def more of a lurker until my son was born the first time around, but remember lurking way after he was born when we were up in the middle of the night...I think they even had a first birthday thread or something so they were on TB for awhile. Maybe it wasn't the norm to move to FB then? I think my last BMB in D16 moved after everyone was born. Even when we do move, I kind of enjoyed the "breastfeeding thread" or "MOTN Thread" and things like that for easy question asking. FB, imo, might make things like that harder, right?
  • ugh so I had a meeting today that I almost instantly quit after - crazy we were just talking about that last week!
    Totally not being a hormone drama queen - I have never been so insulted or enraged at work before, if I wasn't so close to delivery and my husband's insurance so crap, I probably WOULD have. Worst part was trying to keep my cool and talk my employee down who was feeling exactly the same way.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • quick can people help me find pro tdap while pregnant articles and studies to put the most horrendous antivaxer in her place? 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 I've heard if you youtube babies with whooping cough it should help. While hard to watch, it'll help sink home why you should get the vaccine. (I haven't been able to look myself)
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• wildtotwildtot member
    @lindsayleigh1989 +1 on the YouTube videos. There are some sad stories I’ve seen on FB (with videos). Hard to watch but definitely help me shut down an argument before. 
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert thanks I had those two as well. 

@wildtot yeah I did add the link for a youtube video once she tried to say it was not that bad... 

• I'm probably in the minority, but I'm looking forward to moving to FB so that I have one less app to open and check into each day (since I already get on FB a couple times a day any way).  Plus, I sometimes hesitate about the amount of detail I share here because it's 100% public.
  • @gingerbride26 sorry you had a hard meeting  hope the rest of the day goes better 

• I don't mind switching to FB but I prefer to move after all the babies are born.  I'm not exactly sure why though.  It just feels like a good time to switch.  I can't believe August moved already!  I didn't find the format of a FB group to be more difficult in terms of finding threads.  As long as you don't have to sift through a bunch of one-off posts it's NBD.  And I like that you can just easily reply to someone's comment rather than tagging them.  @SmashJam my S16 FB group had a MOTN feed group chat on FB messenger I think.  Not sure why they went with that rather than a regular post.  But it wasn't hard to just scroll and find the randoms posts, and other posts since they get bumped up when someone comments on it like it does here. 
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 ugh sorry, just hang in there, maternity leave will be here so soon!

I might be completely insane but we decided to take our son to Sesame Place (Sesame Street's amusement park) over Memorial Day weekend. I know it'll be crowded, but we have a family party to attend right in the area that Sunday anyway, so this seemed like a good opportunity. I'm excited to see his face when he meets Elmo! 
  • @zande2016 how fun! I'm jealous. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Baby boy is loving the iced coffee. Rolling around in there! Kind of scary how excited it made him...
  • @SmashJam I think late night check in threads are easier on Facebook. Each night someone would start a post titled LNCI. Usually around 11-1 . 
  • @zande2016 thanks... good news is my pm hasn't mentioned quitting or reassigning the project for a couple hours... bad news is upon acting on management's direction we've now pissed off the engineers and everything's our fault.... 11 more weeks... and i scheduled a massage for next Friday... dr and husbands orders
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zande2016 I am super jealous that sounds awesome! 

• I just got a call from my OB's office. He's sending me for NSTs 2x a week and a growth scan once a week starting at 32 weeks. Everything is fine with baby and they said it's due to the fibroids. Also, I've gone in 2 times for decreased fetal movement now and he thinks that depending on baby's position the fibroids can make it difficult for me to feel her. I'm still not sure if this makes me feel relieved or stressed out. I think that he thinks I'm being anxious so he wants me to have the reassurance. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere sounds kind of like a pain scheduling wise, just for reassurance but getting to make sure baby is ok a whole bunch will be awesome, and reassuring ;) 
  • @hillbillywife yeah, it's going to be A LOT. Thankfully I think it will be the same days/times each week. I feel bad because it's during work hours but I'm also like yay a new reason to get out of work way early! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I’ll be on the exact same NST schedule due to GD, so starting the week after next I have appointments set every Tuesday and Friday for the rest of my pregnancy. I do think the extra monitoring will be reassuring, but I’m overwhelmed by all the time and money it’ll cost! My work office and medical office are a couple hours apart, so that’ll make it extra fun. 
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited May 2018
    So this keeps randomly happening to my app, and the only way to get it to go away is to restart The app.  Anyone else? It’s things like this that drive people to Facebook....

ETA okay nevermind I had to edit to remove the screenshot because the dam thing had the name of my town in it. But basically this ad takes over my whole screen telling me I won a gift card and it blocks me from being able to see anything else. 
  • @zande2016 that’s happened to me twice today, and the back button won’t work. I have no idea how to restart an app on this phone too so it’s the biggest PITA. 
  • @zande2016 it’s happened to me a couple times today too. Irritating 
  • @wildtot DH's car has seat coolers and they made me feel like I was wet everywhere the other day! I was so freaked til I realized I'd hit the button whe b in turned on the ac 
  • @wildot I can totally understand the scare! I watched a few episodes of that show but it was a little too high school for DH so we stopped. Did you watch all of season 1?

Just went to a baby basics class and the lady next to me was anti vaxxer. Oh boy.
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @kissableviv i watched it all but it was a bit too much to take for DH so i watched on my own.
  • @wildtot I watched season 1 while DH was on a business trip.  One of my coworker's kids' school sent home a letter about it and I got curious.  Really not sure how they're going to do a season 2, but I'll check it out on my own again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wildtot my DH and I kinda watched it but we weren’t super into it and I don’t think we finished. That’s funny about your water bottle lol. Now is the time for labor scares lol.

@SmashJam I’ve heard that about seat coolers! Doesn’t sound fun!

random question. Does anyone have their going home outfit yet? I think I’ve asked this before but I honestly can’t figure out what a baby needs to wear in July. It’s very humid in PA and it can get into the 90s. My hatred of heat makes me think baby should probably come home naked lol. I was planning on a shorts romper but does baby actually need something with long sleeves? a sleeper? 
  • @wildtot I watched it and really liked it! Planning on watching season 2 although I’m not sure how it’s going to go!
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @hillbillywife we just went with a cotton onesie with short sleeves for DS. It was April but in Cali so warm weather regardless. We are thinking the same thing since it will still be warm but we still get a lot of rain during the summer in CO. Baby will be in cool temps for the most part other than the actual transport to and from car.
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @gingerbride26 @ashbub714 yeah super curious how this season will go. 
  • @hillbillywife I did - wanted to feel like 1 thing was done.  I believe in layers.  DD came home in May in a romper but also had a blanket for the car since DH cranks the AC.  Will do something similar with DS - short sleeves and pants and a blanket for the car.
    Also i just went back through my boy clothes stash I've been building and i bought the same onesie set 2x in NB and 0-3....from 2 different shopping trips...guess I really liked it! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • zande2016zande2016 member
    edited May 2018
    @hillbillywife I am thinking cotton romper with short sleeves but long pants, footless, and have socks handy just in case, and a blanket to cover him in the carseat. 

ETA probably similar climate to yours, as I am in NY. 
  • @hillbillywife I'll probably have a blanket and sleeveless romper...if it has been hot at all our house will be so warm. I'll bring pants just in case.