July 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight 5/7: Preparing for Labor (Meal Prep/Hospital Bag)

13»

Re: Product Spotlight 5/7: Preparing for Labor (Meal Prep/Hospital Bag)

• Yup, and the thing is this isn't just advice from random people, it's professionals like LCs, doctors and baby books. There are just so many theories and styles out there.

Now I'm just a strong believer that no matter what you choose, as long as that baby is loved, safe, fed and cared for the other stuff doesn't matter.
    SO MUCH YES.  I think that's the biggest transformation for me from FTM to STM - as a FTM I had zero idea what I was doing and believed everything the dr's and LC's said as sacrosanct and just assumed I was doing it wrong instead of that advice just not working for our family.  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runsomewhere yesssss! You find a groove that works for you and as long as baby is taken care of that’s all that matters 
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally agree that in those first few weeks/months you should be putting the baby on the boob as much as possible.  But if mom needs a little bit of a break a paci isn't the end of the world IMO.  If I'm remembering correctly (from that newborn phase and lack of sleep) we just gave the pacifier when baby was put down to sleep because it's supposed to reduce the SIDS risk.  If my baby was hungry, a pacifier was not going to cut it lol.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
    • Favorite [Meal Prep resource/item or Hospital Bag item]: I didn’t meal prep last time, but I have for diets and my favorite place to go is Pinterest. Definitely DONT FORGET CHAPSTICK! I like to have my own slippers/fuzzy socks, robe, pillow, blanket, and clothes for baby for our entire stay. 
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): all vary. 
    • What you like about it:  Pinterest has everything you could ever need, and chapstick is life while mouth breathing all day. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: I’m not a huge meal prepper usually, and I don’t have a ton of freezer space, so for me personally I just don’t do it. Also my husband will be home all of July so he has no problem cooking. 
    • Is there a [Meal Prep resource/item or Hospital bag item] you don't have but are considering? Why?:  I’ve considered my own gown for giving birth but ultimately think it’s pretty stupid. I’ll let the hospital worry about cleaning theirs. I’ve also considered a birth photographer (not really a hospital bag item...) and still am. I would love it, and my sisters friend is a photographer, I’m just not sure if she would be interested. 
    • Is there a [Meal Prep resource/item or Hospital bag item] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: Last time around I brought nail clippers in my bag, because you know, just in case... I ALMOST KILLED MY HUSBAND. He was cutting his nails while I was screaming through contractions and I just couldn’t. I’m pretty sure I told him to gtfo. This time I think I’ll just forget them... haha
    • Additional thoughts on [Meal prep resource/item or hospital bag item]:  I don’t think so. A phone case with the credit card slots is nice to have everything in one place but I don’t currently have one for this phone and I probably won’t get one.