Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 5/7 - GTKY & Randoms

edited May 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I hope it’s okay if I attempt starting this thread! 

I noticed last week it was recently decided that this thread would be more of a GTKY + randoms, so here’s what I’ve got for this week. 

1. What was your favorite book to read as a child?
2. What is your LO’s favorite book to read with you? Is it also your favorite book to read with them? 
3. Tell a funny story about your LO(s) from the last couple of weeks! 
*TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

Re: TFAS w/o 5/7 - GTKY & Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • 1.  My mom actually saved a lot of my favorite books from when I was little! One of the standouts is Teddy and the Undersea Kingdom (no longer in print). I also had these little bugs bunny books I would make my mom read me “again, again, again!”  :D 

2. DD’s current favorite is “P is for Potty” starring Elmo. She is not even close to potty training, but she wants to read it multiple times a day. It is not my favorite lol. I like reading her the Knight and the Dragon by Tomie dePaola. It’s so cute and mostly pictures so you are forced to be more engaged. I find myself passively reading a lot of the other books we read over and over.

3.  DD likes to come sit on my back if I’m laying on my stomach on the floor. She’ll straddle me like a horsie. She’s too little to figure out how to hold on and balance if I got up on my hands and knees, so I just wiggle around on my belly and hum William Tell. She thinks it’s hilarious. It’s so absurd looking lol. 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• 1. What was your favorite book to read as a child? I didn't have a favoite,  I loved all books 

2. What is your LO’s favorite book to read with you? Is it also your favorite book to read with them? He had a favorite called "where's my nose" but has grown out of it now. Much like me he loves books in general. He is usually pulling my Dean Koontz books off the shelf and "reading" them.

3. Tell a funny story about your LO(s) from the last couple of weeks! lol yesterday he had DH and I in tears. He gets constipated on the weekends. I have no clue why. But yesterday he was also sick with croup. We went to urgent care and they gave him a steroid to help breathe. Said it would kick in on 4-5 hours. It sure did. He was my happy playful boy again. So he was finally up playing and laughing and suddenly stops, turns bright red and says "I'm poopin" so we wait and suddenly with a huge sigh of relief says "I'm poopin now". :joy:
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @saltedcaramel518 I agree the words of the book itself are odd, but I find the rhythm of the words calming.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • lelkcotlelkcot member

1. What was your favorite book to read as a child? Loved the Bernstein Bears books when I was younger, Madeleine L'Engle and Harry Potter once I was older (read a little of everything now!).

2. What is your LO’s favorite book to read with you? Is it also your favorite book to read with them? Depends on the day for him, he goes through phases of being super into one book or another, right now it’s “Cars and Trucks and Things that Go.” I kind of hate that book at this point... My favorite to read to him is probably “On the Night You were Born.”

3. Tell a funny story about your LO(s) from the last couple of weeks! We were on the back porch and DS was eating an ice cream cone (a very rare thing for him) and after taking forever to eat it (his cousins have already eaten their, gotten cleaned up and headed to bed!) he randomly decided to bit off the bottom of the cone! Ice cream got everywhere and he was cracking up as he kept licking it off the cone and his hands.

• 1. What was your favorite book to read as a child? I seriously loved all books but my favourite was probably "Je t'aimerai toujour" which is the French version of Love you forever by Robert N Munsch.  I have vivid memories of being read this book when I was a child. 

2. What is your LO’s favorite book to read with you? Is it also your favorite book to read with them? She seriously changes her mood every night but we love Don't let the pigeon drive the bus and all others from that series.  She recently started on these Giant Disney books my SIL gave us. They are giant and quite awkward to read because of how large the book is so definitely not my favourite. 

3. Tell a funny story about your LO(s) from the last couple of weeks!  She recently started putting on "dance shows" as she calls them for us.  Basically it's her singing and dancing to songs she is making up to the tune of itsy bitsy spider and twinkle twinkle little star, while doing some random gymnastics moves she learnt during her gymnastics class.  It's pretty darn cute. For reference she is a bit over 2 and a half.
  • edited May 2018
    @prpl11butterfly My son poops during breakfast pretty much morning. He starts off by asking if me or DH have to poop, "Poop, mama? Poop, daddy? Charlie poop?" (Charlie is our dog) Ya know, typical breakfast conversations. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• *Shortened quote*

Here's a fun article that explains the issues with Goodnight Moon  ;) : https://www.theuglyvolvo.com/issues-goodnight-moon-bedroom/  

Ugh. Stuck in the box.  THIS legit made my LOL! 
  • Venessa88 said:

*Shortened quote*

Here's a fun article that explains the issues with Goodnight Moon  ;) : https://www.theuglyvolvo.com/issues-goodnight-moon-bedroom/  

Ugh. Stuck in the box.  THIS legit made my LOL! 
    Omg. I can't unsee "Bears in couples therapy" now.  :D:D:D 
    *TW*

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

TFAS since April 2018

• 1. What was your favorite book to read as a child?  Haha, well it was Goodnight Moon until I read the above  :D  I guess it depends what age we are talking here, but I looooved books growing up.  Remember The Boxcar Children?  I used to love coloring in the pictures as I read those, ha.

2. What is your LO’s favorite book to read with you? Is it also your favorite book to read with them?  He currently carries around a Trucks book with him everywhere.  I do love that he loves this one because it's short and outlasts his attention span. ;)

3. Tell a funny story about your LO(s) from the last couple of weeks!  He is 16 months and has recently started trying to blow his nose.  He bends over really far and makes the most exaggerated snort noises and it is too darn adorable.