Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wed 5/9

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often?

Re: WTO Wed 5/9

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk, charting, HIO this week

R/R: Boo, I have to go get my thyroid levels checked this morning because I'm out of Synthroid. I hate going to the doctor. I've had some bad experiences with family doctors/general practitioners when they see in my chart that I have a psych disorder; it's like they suddenly no longer believe anything I say. It's happened more so since I've moved to the south. Had a nurse practitioner once give me a script for Xanax when I needed a new script for a daily inhaler for my asthma. It's just disheartening.

CS/Q: None

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often? "Sure, I'd be happy to go to the party/join/tag along!" I tend to people-please, which is a fault of mine. Then I feel bad because I agreed to do whatever it is when I really didn't want to in the first place, so I feel obligated to go.
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: onv, bd, opks, charting

R/R: This week has been so nice, and I'm enjoying wearing my new clothes that I got over the weekend. I'd love for the headaches to quit, though.

CS/Q: nothing much to see

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often? probably "I'm fine" lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @chellisam good luck with the doctor, I'm sorry you've had trouble in the past. It's amazing how much stigma against mental illness still exists out there in 2018, even in the medical field.

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: pnv, cm, bbt, opks

R/R:  Rant- I always look forward to trips but the day of leaving is so flipping stressful.  Especially when I have to leave from work.  Ran around like a chicken with my head cut off last minute packing toiletries and such for our trip to Houston today.

CS/Q: Nothing

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often? “Yes, I have time to help with that”.  Spoiler: I don’t.
  • @chellisam Welcome! Sorry to hear you've had to deal with stereotyping from doctors :( 
    @fantasyflyte Yay for new clothes! I need to get some new spring/summer outfits myself. Sorry to hear you're having headaches :( I hope you start feeling better soon.

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Waiting for CD5 so I can start Clomid.

R/R: Rant: Buying/selling a house is not fun.. really! Ready to be done with everything. Rave: Going hiking tomorrow with my residents so that should be fun!

CS/Q: Nothing to see here!

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often? Probably that I'm doing well. I just internalize things and always like to seem happy.
  • @chellisam samesies on the people-pleasing!  My mom keeps saying I’ll grow out of that but here I am, 32, and I still can’t say no.
  • Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, charting all the things...

R/R: It's gorgeous outside!  

CS/Q: Nah, I expect O will be today or tomorrow based on everything.  

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often?  "No problem"  (no, actually it was a problem and was super annoying but sure, no problem)

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opk

R/R: It has once again gotten cloud and coolish. Volleyball might be cancelled due to rain which would be a bummer. But, on the plus side, I've been really good about going to the gym every day over my lunch break, so I'm at least getting some exercise in that way.

CS/Q: nothing going on

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often? "I'm not thinking about anything." I tend to be on the quieter side, so I get really sick and tired of being asked what I'm thinking about. Of course I'm thinking about something! But there's a reason it's not coming out of my mouth already, so why bother asking? I'm just going to say "nothing" and we'll move on. Not to mention, trying to explain the maze that this my thought process in some simple, easy to understand follow up statement is pretty much impossible. But I'm also a big people pleaser, so I hear all of you on those! I'm definitely guilty of it too!

@meladams10 -- House selling/buying always seems like it should be an exciting process, but you're right, it's just not in reality. Hopefully it starts to go more smoothly and things will settle down for you in that area!
  • littleredmlittleredm member
    edited May 2018
    @chellisam I'm sorry you're having trouble with doctors that treat you that way. I've had my fair share of trouble with doctors before and even after being diagnosed with fibro and migraines. Finding the right doctor is so hard nowadays. 

@fantasyflyte Hope your headaches get better soon! 

@quidditchcapn1120 Hope that you have a great trip to Houston! 

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: opk, bbt, pnv, ps.

R/R: Rant: had to go to the dentist today because I chipped my tooth on a glass of water because I'm the most uncoordinated person alive.

Rave: It didn't end up costing much at the dentist. I was wary going in but my insurance came through this time.

CS/Q: I've been awful this month at temping at the same time and this morning I forgot to do it cuz I overslept.but here it is.....

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often? I'm great! (my head feels like it's going to explode and I'm exhausted...but I don't want to burden you with that)
  • LJMoon6LJMoon6 member

Month/Cycle: 13/14

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 
    the usual

R/R: 
    HSG tomorrow! I’m so nervous but so excited at the same time. My aunt told me a couple of days ago that she “just has a feeling” that I’ll be KU soon…. However much I think she’s crazy, I can’t get it out of the back of my mind. I got a call from my second job today (Perkins). They wanted to offer me a lead/manager position. I’ve only worked 3 shifts there… This place is so crappy. They can’t keep any cooks, managers, or servers. They all keep quitting and/or not showing up for their shifts. I’m not taking the manager position since I make way more money being a server and I don’t want the stress (this is just a part time second job after all).  I also don’t know how much of this craziness I can put up with. The money is nice tho! I gave myself a goal to reach before I quit. Either I finally get KU or I finish paying off my student loans, whichever comes first. At this rate it will be the student loans.

CS/Q: 
    Nope… unless anyone has any advice for my HSG tomorrow.

GTKY: What lie do you tell most often?
    I hate lying but I do often tell people “I’m fine” when I’m not in the mood to talk about it.

@chellisam I’m so sorry you have to experience that with the doctors. I hate all the stigma around mental health disorders.

@fantasyflyte I hear ya on the headaches! I’m sorry yours are sucking right now! Mine I think are being exaserbated by allergies… ugh!

@quidditchcapn1120 Have fun on your trip to Houston!! Doing anything fun there? I hate that panic right before a trip. Hopefully everything has calmed down for you now.

@meladams10 Hey girl! Missed you. Was your LP longer last cycle?? I’m sorry for the stress you’re going through with the house buying/selling. I’m finally going in for my HSG tomorrow. Any last minute words of advice or encouragement? I made the stupid mistake of asking my OB if it was going to be hard to get imaging since I have a tilted uterus. She gave me a very detailed description which involved the words clamping and pulling… needless to say I’m a little nervous! Are you doing the clomid with your OB? Are you doing any monitoring with it? That will be our next step. I think we’ll wait a couple months before doing that tho.

@sparty18 I’m loving the great weather too! Even though it’s raining outside, it’s making it so green!! Yay spring!

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @LJMoon6 YGPM!
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• Thanks, everyone. There was a new doctor who was extremely understanding, genuinely asked how I was doing with my moods, and actually listened to what I said. It was such a relief.

@fantasyflyte I used to lie and say "I'm fine" all the time, especially whenever I'd get depressed. I feel you. :(

@meladams10 Have fun hiking! I've never been.

@LJMoon6 Good luck tomorrow! (If good luck is the right sentiment?)
  • @LJMoon6 good luck with the HSG! I think allergies/season transition are messing with mine too. I remember last May was a really bad headache month. It's also a very busy/stressful month for me at work so I'm sure that doesn't help!
  • @auburnvelvet86 Thank you! We had a meeting with our new contractor yesterday so things seem to be headed in a better direction! :) Selling/Buying/TTC... S.O.S. haha.

@chellisam You've never been hiking?! You really need to go at least once! I live in a mountainous region, so that's all we do around here! LOL. 

@LJMoon6 YGPM  :)
  • @meladams10 I would love to try hiking sometime, but I don't live in a very mountainous area -- I live at the beach. I do spend a lot of time there or kayaking on the intracoastal waterway.