September 2018 Moms
Options

1st Week of September EDD Check-In, 5-7

Pretty sure we missed doing this last week (if I'm crazy and I just missed it, I'll edit and we can GIF party). 

EDD:
Team Blue/Pink/Green:
FTM/STM:
Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):
How are you feeling?:
Rant/Rave of the week?
Questions?
Holy cow, we're getting super close to viability, is that freaking anyone else out (in a total good way)!?

GTKY: Dream car (kids or no kids)?
1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
Team green turned BLUE!
2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
Team green turned PINK!
Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 1st Week of September EDD Check-In, 5-7

• Options
    EDD: 7/7
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green
    FTM/STM: STM, DS is almost 2!
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): Placenta Previa & high risk for accreta, attempting VBAC, history of preemie
    How are you feeling?: Other than SPD being awful, feeling pretty good. Gaining a lot of weight, but food is so good, even though I'm eating way less than the last few weeks. 
    Rant/Rave of the week? Rant: Why did puppy have to break his foot just when weather got nice?
    Rave: getting so close to having my house and garage finally fully unpacked and settled since October move in and December my mom emptying her house into mine.
    Questions? Nothing really, I'm just crossing my fingers that we don't have any birth announcements for several more weeks.
    Holy cow, we're getting super close to viability, is that freaking anyone else out (in a total good way)!? I don't remember when we decided in my last BMB when the viability GIF party was, but I feel like it was 24 or 25 weeks? It's always a huge sigh of relief for me, but also a bit scary that we're this far along!
    GTKY: Dream car (kids or no kids)? If I wasn't a parent, I'd be desperately in search of the Mini Roadster, but I am a huge fan of two seater convertibles, the faster the better, which is SO impractical, especially in the Midwest where winter can be 6-7 months long and very snowy. With kids? I would love a Suburban. I want all of the seats, plus ALL of the cargo space, 4WD, and the ability to tow a ton as well - I like being prepared for everything at once. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SdeuxSdeux member
    EDD: Sept. 1, 2018

Team Blue/Pink/Green: BLUE! 

FTM/STM: STM DS is 4.5. 

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): NA

How are you feeling?: Getting a bit harder to breathe and starting to get that beaches whaled in bed feeling. 

Rant/Rave of the week? NA

Questions? NA

Holy cow, we're getting super close to viability, is that freaking anyone else out (in a total good way)!?

Countdown is on! I need to get motivated to get inspiration the nursery. Totally slacking this around. 

Chevy Tahoe! 
    Just rented one in Florida/Disney and fell in love. I will just pretend in my Terrain. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    @pourmeamocktail We should definitely do a viability gif party at 24w! I'm totally going to start freaking out once we have birth announcements!

I go here now since my due date got moved up a few weeks ago.

EDD: Sept. 5th

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

FTM/STM: FT

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): Nope, just PGAL

How are you feeling?: Good!

Rant/Rave of the week? Rant: Bunnies are eating all our tulips and I'm really sad and frustrated about it. Rave: I started a baby blanket last night! I will post on the craft thread when it's done. Otherwise, we are finally starting to get the house ready for baby. Still so much to do!

Questions? Nope

Mini Cooper!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    EDD: technically 9/8, moves from 9/4...because of stuff and things I know they won’t let me much past 39 weeks, so I’m still here in the First week of September thread!

Team Blue/Pink/Green: it’s a girl! 

FTM/STM: STM, daughter will be 2 on Friday!

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): yes. Haha. I’ll be 37 at time of delivery, and I had gestational diabetes last time so that’s still expected again.

How are you feeling?: big, but otherwise pretty good!

Rant/Rave of the week? I’m currently traveling (literally posting this from an airport) and people are just so rude. 

Questions? Not at the moment!

Holy cow, we're getting super close to viability, is that freaking anyone else out (in a total good way)!? I won’t get that kind of excited until 28-30 weeks...I’ve worked in prenatal health before and know that viability doesn’t always mean viable. 

GTKY: Dream car (kids or no kids)? A Fiat or a Mini Cooper...or reall a Vespa! 
  • Options
    JLyn821JLyn821 member
    edited May 2018
    EDD:  9.3.2018    23 weeks today!

Team Blue/Pink/Green:  Green!

FTM/STM: 3tm (DS is 4. DD is 21 months)

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  Technically I’ll be AMA since I’m about to turn 35, but my doctors don’t think it’s a big deal

How are you feeling?:  Great!

Rant/Rave of the week?  We move this week!! So while it’s awesome because we’ll get into our new house, there’s still so much to do in the next few days!

Questions?  None. 

Holy cow, we're getting super close to viability, is that freaking anyone else out (in a total good way)!?   Not at all! V-Day is just one week away!!

GTKY: Dream car (kids or no kids)?  Meh, I don’t really care. I’m not big on the status of a car. As long as it looks nice, is in good condition, and gets me where I need to go, I’m good. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    EDD: 9/3 
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Team blue! Little Atticus
    FTM/STM: FTM
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): No
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good! My hips hurt at the end of the day, even with yoga and stretching. But I feel SO much better than I did last month. 
    Rant/Rave of the week? Still concerned about LO not moving as much. Apparently no need to worry since kick counts don't count oil week 28. Luckily he's being more active today! I slept horribly last night because I kept waking up every 30-60 minutes checking for movement. 
    Questions? I guess did fetal movement fluctuate for all you STMs? 
    Holy cow, we're getting super close to viability, is that freaking anyone else out (in a total good way)!? Yes! Super excited! I've been wondering if that's been triggering some of my movement fears, PGAL brain and all. Plus knowing friends who had a second tri loss. I'm practically counting down the days to viability. 

GTKY: A tesla! Preferably the SUV version. 

@sdeux Haha yes! Getting out of bed is quite the spectacle. 

@starla Yay for your due date moving up! That's so sweet that you're making a baby blanket! 

@jlyn821 Cool due date! And yay for moving! That's exciting.
  • Options
    EDD: 9/3 Labor Day! Ha. 

Team Blue, FTM

I’m feeling good, all things considered! Still a lot of trouble sleeping, pain in the middle/upper back, and BH contractions are becomes really uncomfortable, but these are all mild symptoms. 

Rant: I’m (still) freaking out about our nursery situation. DH knows that messes and being overwhelmed with clutter are what trigger my anxiety, and I can’t even go in that room without crying and freaking out. It’s our second bedroom, and was a guest room/office, but let’s be honest - it was just the room where he stored all his crap. We moved here 1.5 yrs ago and the closet is just full of boxes of stuff he won’t get rid of. Fine, but get a storage unit! So I think step one is get a storage unit, move out all the boxes, all the furniture, so I can clean and start fresh. It just seems so monumental and I’m totally overwhelmed. Am I the only one who doesn’t have a nursery yet? I haven’t bought anything because there’s nowhere to put it. I know this is a silly problem but I’m so overwhelmed and upset. 

Viability? Girl, everything freaks me out haha. I’m ecstatic but I’m terrified. 

GTKY when I lived on the east coast I wanted a little Cadillac. Now that I’m in the Bay Area, everyone has Tesla’s!
  • Options
    EDD: 9/2

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink! Our little Polly. 

Special concerns: Just a tad worried about my pelvic kidney and my husband's blood condition passing onto Polly.

How are you feeling? I was such an emotional mess yesterday. DH couldn't have a conversation with me without me bursting into tears. I'm still sick occasionally but I have noticed that I'm not losing any weight lately. I've been feeling Polly move around for a couple of weeks now and on Friday I saw my stomach move around while she was being active. I have occasional headaches and round ligament pain. I've also been having right rib pain at times. 

Rant/Rave of the week? Rant: it's gotten so hot in Houston lately. I'm really not looking forward to the long summer.
    Rave: Feeling Polly moving around helps me when I'm sick. It's weird.. but just feeling her takes the pain and sickness away from my mindset.  

Questions:  Not really any.

Is anyone else freaking out because we're close to viability? Not really. Just taking one day at a time. 

GTKY: Any kind of mid size SUV with all the bells and whistles.  
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ashh2018 our nursery isn't up yet either. Someone is giving us a crib in late June and another is selling us their pack n play, rock and play, jumper, gym and mamaroo in July. I'm not too concerned yet. The only things we have purchased so far is a couple of maternity dresses, nursing bras and nursing covers. My best friend is driving down in early June with two big boxes of baby stuff. We have received some small baby items from the Babylist and Amazon boxes.  
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    starlastarla member
    @ashh2018 We're in the same boat. Our nursery is currently an office. We have to move everything out and we're getting new floors before we buy any furniture. There's lots of time still. :grimace:
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    Thank you @smsaulino and @Starla. I was pretty sure I was overreacting, I tend toward that lol
  • Options
    @ashh2018 if it makes you feel better our nursery won’t even be built until after he’s born. I need the architect to get her stuff together so we can start building some walls!

EDD: technically 8/31 but I like you September peeps
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue
    FTM/STM: STM, dd is almost 18 months
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): not really, dd was 9lb 2oz so we are just watching weight and I will likely deliver early to avoid pushing a baby that big out again
    How are you feeling?: I’m super stressed out about life and work, but nothing having to do with baby (mostly). I can’t sleep much and my sciatica comes and goes but I have been feeling him kick more which is nice. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the thought of having a baby boy!
    Rant/Rave of the week? This has been a really crappy several days for our family, and just now the kitty decided to bring a present into our kitchen and DH got annoyed when I woke him up to take care of it. There’s a good chance he was still asleep though and won’t remember in the morning.
    Questions? Nope.
    Holy cow, we're getting super close to viability, is that freaking anyone else out (in a total good way)!? Personally I don’t think of it that way, it does seem to be going by much faster this time since I have a toddler to keep me busy, but I haven’t done much for this guy and I likely won’t before he’s here so I’m not thinking about it too much one way or another.
    GTKY: Dream car (kids or no kids)? Either a BMW Z3 (with the James Bond gadgets) or a Tesla, cause that’s soooo Californian of me.
  • Options
    ***Lurking from Week 2 EDD***
    @ashh2018 I'm sure most of us are in a similar boat to one extent or another, when it comes to the nursery.  Ours has been the guest room, but it's also adjacent to the spare room where I was keeping most of my clothes, and those two rooms are both already dog-free.  But we've decided to switch our room over to the spare room, baby's room into the guest room, and our room now will become the new guest room going forward.  Plus making the entire upstairs a big-dog free zone.  It's a lot.  It means literally all three bedrooms need to be cleared out so they can each get swapped around.  But we'll get there.  Whatever you have to do, one box at a time, one weekend at a time, you'll get there. (((hugs)))

<b>Question</b>:  What are we considering, "viability day"?  I have read different things because there are so many external factors that go into it too, not just an arbitrary point of gestation - such as the availability of modern medical care, birth weight, other complications, etc.  I want to feel like we can get excited, or feel more relaxed about the pregnancy, but I'm just not even sure where that point is, to call it.
  • Options
    EDD: 9/2

Team Blue/Pink/Green: 
    Green! 

FTM/STM: 
    3rd time

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): 
    there are concerns for PTL, currently taking weekly progesterone shots until week 36 

How are you feeling?: 
    allergies are kicking my assssssss...thinking of calling the chiro this week to help with lower back and groin/pelvic pain. 

Rant/Rave of the week? 
    rant: I hate when my kids are sick, my oldest has an attitude from hell, and my husband is gone to work.
    rave: 10 more school days and my oldest is out for the summer. We are also looking forward to summer tumble and hoping we make the all star team! 

Questions? None

I joke that this baby is so low that it’s literally chilling right there in my vag. Though I love the fact V-Day is just 6 days away, I want baby to stay comfortably the next 16 weeks 

kids: Honda Odyssey Elite. Completely fell in love....with a minivan 

no kids: 1968 Camaro RS/SS 

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I lol’d at the thought of you being a lurker. Since we’ve decided you own the bump I think you’re “one of us” in every thread/group/etc. Also side note: I am totally convinced you’re actually Lauren Conrad.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Lol @yosemite2018 Hey, if it means I'd be getting paid to bump, then we need to make that happen ;)  [ETA the owning the bump part.  I may not be Lauren Conrad, but can I please just have her stylists??? K thx lol]
  • Options
    Question:  What are we considering, "viability day"?  I have read different things because there are so many external factors that go into it too, not just an arbitrary point of gestation - such as the availability of modern medical care, birth weight, other complications, etc.  I want to feel like we can get excited, or feel more relaxed about the pregnancy, but I'm just not even sure where that point is, to call it.
    Also lurking a thread I don't "belong" in. I used 24 weeks with DS because that's the point that baby has a more than 50% chance of survival (assuming no extenuating circumstances). I think some sources use 26 weeks because the chance of survival jumps to 80-90% but I think most still use the more-likely-than-not point of 24 weeks.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    Also lurking from a different week. I consider 24 weeks the milestone where I can relax a little and let myself start shopping, even though I know it’s only 50% survival at that point. But I figure we’ve got to take something as the date and that works for me