December 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight: Double Strollers! w/o 4.30

What are some recommended double strollers, ladies!  
Image result for jackson april gif baby

Re: Product Spotlight: Double Strollers! w/o 4.30

• I currently have the Bumbleride Indie and was looking at the double version because I love it so much. But then H saw a Thule Chariot Cross 2 at an airshow he was working last weekend and we're both completely in love. It's $$$ but his mom is ready to buy it for the new baby. It can convert to a jogger, a bike trailer, and even a ski stroller (?) that you attach to your waist and pull.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Ok. THAT thing is insanely cool!! I've been looking to get a bike/trailer for my DD, but I'll need a double now and that thing is perfect! $$$$ indeed though. And I had no idea a ski stroller was even a thing. :smiley:
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a BabyJogger City Select and love everything about it. I’ve had it 2.5 years and it’s still holding up well. I’ll be using it still with the next. 
  • We bought the Graco Ready2Grow. Haven't used it yet but I'm pretty sure a friend has it for her two littles and I loved it when we visited!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• I think we're going to try the Chicco Bravo sit/stand stroller. It'll click with our Chicco Keyfit newborn car seat and my DD will be almost 3 when this LO is born, and she basically already refuses strollers, so I'm hoping the novelty of the sit or stand section in the back will get her to cooperate and use it for at least the first couple of months. (And, if not, it's relatively cheap, like $250, so it won't be a terrible tragedy if only the baby uses it and she walks alongside.) 

https://www.target.com/p/chicco-bravo-for-2-double-stroller-zinc/-/A-51455699?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9031204&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_ZrXBRDXARIsAA8KauQWZRe6rNgtGbAniU_qO1Rd-bg1OF90JxNm4RIkAzq3f3Cz84ovExUaAg45EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    I think we're going with the city select since wellw need two infant seats and then a glider board for the toddler!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• edited May 2018
    I have a Bumbleride Indie Twin. It's awesome. I probably won't be using it with this baby (unless we go to Disney or something) because my youngest is 6 years old. 

• No wisdom to share but is anyone else considering just adding a rider board to a single rather than getting a dedicated double? I’ve been looking at the bugaboo bee with a rider board, either wear the new baby and toddler in the stroller, or baby in the stroller and toddler on the rider board. 

We have a city mini gt, which I love, but it doesn’t take a board well. The city mini double is super narrow for a double but still too wide for our city supermarket check out and a few other spaces. I’ve also looked at the mountain buggy +one which looks neat but reviews seem mixed. 

Anyone with kids 2.5 years apart who considered this, whether you ended up with a full double or not?
  • katy0990katy0990 member
    edited May 2018
    We bought the baby jogger city select and the second seat kit when I was pregnant with my son. I LOVE it! We have only used it as a single, but I love that we can expand it into a double, with or without the infant seat. It also can be used with a glider board. It is a smooth ride, has tons of accessory options, and has rubber wheels. It is also super easy to fold/ unfold and doesn’t take up too much trunk space. The basket is huge and can store a week’s worth of groceries. I highly recommend it!
  • I also have a baby jogger city select and I love it! It manuvers really nicely, has generous under-seat storage, and DD seems really comfortable in it. I constantly get compliments on it too!  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AGK2015AGK2015 member
    @maebyemby we'll probably take that approach, if we bother at all. We almost never used our stroller, but I'm a little wary of trying to tandem carry a toddler and newborn (I do daycare drop-off alone via public transit, so it'll just be me and the munchkins). That's a lot of child hanging off my body. 
  • I'll be getting a double BOB since DH and I run a lot but I'm diggin' the Chicco Bravo sit n' stand for day to day stuff! It's nice and compact!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @maebyemby I actually currently have a rider board in my Amazon wishlust because that was my plan. I'm a little nervous that my son won't stay on it but who knows. It definitely something I want to try. I hate the idea that we spent so much on our single stroller to just be done with it now. Though I already use a nice umbrella over it most of the time. 
  • So many great suggestions ladies, I have some research to do! I love reading reviews  and your suggestions are so great. :) 
  • Another vote for city select! 
  • City select all the way! We LOVE ours! It maneuvers like a dream... super smooth ride. Easy to “off road” when you are in a gravel lot... the tires are. I’ve and big. Easy to fold and unfold. Hand break, so no need to kick and hurt your foot when wearing sandals. It was pricey but soooo worth it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ahhh

*** the tires are nice and big***

come on iPhone... switching my words on me  :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    @borgie05 I was leaning toward the city select and the hand brake got me! Sold!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• I just love all the options you have with the city select!!! 16 diff options?? Yes please. 
  • zoepaczoepac member
    Uppababy visita here with a rider board and extra seat so our two yr old autistic son has options. We lived in the city and walk everywhere and it has held up well!
  • I have an older stroller- city elite double (side by side). We upgraded the wheels to the rubber ones that are foam filled - I definitely recommend that (never have to add air or worry about a flat tire, and an awesome ride). I would also recommend highly getting a second hand stroller. You can find a great deal. We only use our stroller traveling or going to events (a festival or something). My kids are 2 years apart. I think it’s great for naps while out too. 
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    @zoepac If I could drop 2 grand on the Uppa Baby Double with the board and two Mesas, I'd be all over it! If I lived in the city, it would absolutely justify it for us. Buttttt, since we drive most everywhere, I need to rein it in. Boo. I love it so.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• zoepaczoepac member
    @texas_t I hear you! In two years I think the stroller has at least 5k miles on it of just daily walking. It is a beast to get in and out of the car so (we have an SUV too) so I couldn't imagine doing that on the regular. I did just see a twin one with just 1 mesa (we used a hand me down infant seat) for $1k on Craigslist here (Boston). 
  •  I saw one on a group close to me and she was selling the Uppababy Vista with one toddler seat and attachment for car seat and bassinet (so I would still have to buy a few things to make it a double, plus a mesa or other compatible seat) and she was asking $585 willing to sell for $500. I thought it was a pretty good price! H strongly disagreed. So I'll let him research for now to let him see how pricey doubles are. 
  • Hey ladies. I have the bugaboo donkey and love it!  Even convinced my sister to buy one. We have the wheelie board too so it helps when my son doesn’t want to be strapped in all the time!

My cousin has the city select, and that is awesome too. My advice is to go and test some out before you purchase. :)
  • Yes I definitely want to go to see the City Select doubles, I saw some at the zoo the other day. :D I also want to check out chicco Sit/Stand ones as I think my DD would like that. 
  • ErinkaErinka member
    maebyemby said:
    No wisdom to share but is anyone else considering just adding a rider board to a single rather than getting a dedicated double? I’ve been looking at the bugaboo bee with a rider board, either wear the new baby and toddler in the stroller, or baby in the stroller and toddler on the rider board. 

We have a city mini gt, which I love, but it doesn’t take a board well. The city mini double is super narrow for a double but still too wide for our city supermarket check out and a few other spaces. I’ve also looked at the mountain buggy +one which looks neat but reviews seem mixed. 

Anyone with kids 2.5 years apart who considered this, whether you ended up with a full double or not?
    Yes, I’m in the same position and have the same City Mini GT! DD will be 2 months from her 3rd birthday when #2 comes along. Just not sure what to do! Double strollers are so big, heavy and honestly I think I would hate it. 
  • @Erinka I found this board that is a little more of a seat with seatbelt than the skateboard style. I’m hoping that works! I saw a couple people online saying that they were able to get this specific board to work on the GT better than the baby jogger one.

If it fits I’ll let you know! It should arrive this week. Trying my hardest to avoid a double in NYC  :D