July 2018 Moms

Re: Randoms Week of 5/7

• wildtotwildtot member
    I was just in the middle of typing up a juicy response on the first tri board and TB gods closed it. It was the weirdest thing to see a black screen saying the thread was closed. Bummer 
  • Loading the player...
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert the gif is just perfect.

I've been a sloth since we arrived. Slightly jet lagged and overall demotivated to do anything. Did I mention we have no coffee?? I'm obviously trying to catch up with work after being gone for a week. Oh well. Looks like a work from bed day!

Solidarity on the expenses, I don't even want to do our monthly budgeting anymore...
  • @runsomewhere that's too funny! Kids really do say the funniest things. 
  • I haven't been commenting a ton but lurk a lot (hard to bump whiny you're a teacher). I've been put on two weeks of rest (but not bed rest) due to dizziness from anemia so I'm going to try to be more active.  Last night around 11 my oldest son (will be 5 in August) woke up coughing and wheezing and couldn't catch his breath. We ended up calling an ambulance and they took him to our children's hospital  :'(  He was diagnosed with croup and responded really well to meds and came home this morning... But holy smokes was it scary having a kid who couldn't breath! He seems totally himself this morning thank goodness.  Being up all night with a kid in the hospital probably isn't the rest my doctor was expecting me to get.... 
  • @kissableviv welcome back from your trip. A work from bed day sounds amazing, though I'd fall asleep so quick.

@zande2016 They do. I'm actually loving the 2s, such a funny age. 

@KatyF0813 that sounds so scary! I'm glad he's ok and I hope you get some rest. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How scary @KatyF0813! I'm glad he's feeling better now! 
  • I had my baby shower yesterday. My mom really did go all out and hosted a wonderful party. As people were leaving and I was saying goodbyes, I noticed DH's cousins were in the other room so I went to say goodbye to them. One of the ladies turned around and she was bawling. I said "oh are you crying?" she said "yep I am" and nothing else, so I hugged her and said 'thank you for coming' and walked away totally caught off guard and didn't know what to think....then my aunt told me she had overheard her talking about having a recent loss or something along those lines.  Then for the rest of the day it's all I could think about. Part of me wants to reach out and send her an email but another part of me thinks it's none of my business if she didn't want to share with me. I feel like such a snob saying all day how I was ready for baby girl to make her appearance and how tired I am of being pregnant. :(
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @KatyF0813 that is so scary! Glad he is doing better!

@runsomewhere haha that made me laugh out loud. 

@kissableviv getting over the jet lag was super hard! It's been over a week and I still feel like I'm not over it. But i think it's just the horrible nights of sleep that have me feeling 'hungover' over morning
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @pretzellover I’m glad you’re starting to feel a little more prepared!
    @runsomewhere oh my goodness thats hilarious. My DD has been super interested in my boobs too. 
    @KatyF0813 yikes that’s so scary! I’m glad it wasn’t more serious!!
  • @rachelsogo - I think you did the right thing just by telling her that you were glad she came.  Like you said, she hasn't confided in you so there's no reason to reach out with anything more.  

I got a bug up my butt this morning and just spent almost an hour unpacking all the stuff I brought home from my office into my home office (I'm no longer going to have an assigned desk in the home office) and organizing some other things in my home office.  This baby will sleep in my office in a pack n play at night between the months when he's in our room and when he's sleeping through the night enough to move upstairs. I plan to nurse and don't want to be traipsing up and down the steps in the middle of the night, so that's the plan for now.  

We also have a dresser currently in his nursery that has no home, so I'm going to have DH move it to the office tonight.  I'll put it alongside my desk to make a fake corner desk and use it for his clothes.  Once he moves upstairs we will *finally* buy me a real desk!

• I got a bug up my butt this morning 
    Umm... is this a saying I'm not aware of or....? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere lol! That’s hilarious! I love how kids just say what they’re thinking  :D

@KatyF0813 that sounds awful! I’m glad he’s better this morning!

@rachelsogo I don’t think you should feel like a snob.You didn’t know and obviously weren’t being malicious with your words. I also think not prying when you saw her crying was the best response. You wouldn’t want to make her tell you before she’s ready. 
  • @rachelsogo seriously I'm immobile, lol. Dragging myself to yoga tonight, but I swear I'll go to bed early. I think you did the right thing at the shower, you can always reach out to her later or write something personal in her thank you card.

@paytonpedro keep us posted! @KatyF0813 sending get well wishes, how scary! @runsomewhere don't worry I feel the same I've been bitching all morning in my head about nothing really...
    @MichelleAG05 I also didn't know that expression, lol. But glad to see another work from home mama getting organized.

• Ok, so I was hoping this would get resolved but I'm getting freaked out.

I'm not really feeling the baby move this morning. I had breakfast, then a little apple juice and a giant apple just now and nothing. Ugh, so stressful. I already ended up going to L&D for decreased movement once during this pregnancy. 

Also, I'm cramping a tiny bit on my left side and omg pressure in my vagina when I sit down to pee. I'm trying not to panic over here and leave work to go get checked out for no reason but I'm getting worried. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KatyF0813 so scary!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @runsomewhere that comment is hilarious! My boobs haven’t grown an ounce - so instead I get eye-popping belly stares and unsolicited comments from the MEN at work. 

@kissableviv good luck re-acclimating! It took me a couple days post Spain, but it was so worth it to get time away! 

@KatyF0813 Super scary RE your son! I’m glad all wells that ends well, but I would have a total melt down in my hormonal state. 

@rachelsogo I also think you did what you could :( poor girl though. 
  • @runsomewhere I say go get checked out! It’s not for nothing. It’s to make sure your baby is doing okay. Also, a stressed mama isn’t good for the baby either so if it will ease your mind I really think you should go to the doctor or at the very least call them and describe what you’re experiencing! Hoping everything is perfect and baby is just resting today! 
  • @runsomewhere I say go get checked out too! Better to get piece of mind than to be constantly wondering. Hope everything’s ok!
  • @runsomewhere +1 for go get checked - a compromise might be to see if you can laydown in your car for a little bit after something cold/sweet? I found I can't feel him as much when I'm active but if I do the laydown on the left side i get to the counts fairly quickly.  If that doesn't work go right in to get checked, typically my OB tells me to try that and then call back if I call for decreased motion so I just auto do it before calling.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @runsomewhere hope everything turns out ok and just a super sleepy baby. Keep us posted!
  • Good luck @runsomewhere, I hope your baby is just taking a long nap! It is definitely so stressful when you feel like something is off but don't know if it warrants being seen. But, I think most if not all doctors/midwives feel that it's better to be safe and check it out. Hugs! 
  • @runsomewhere I’m glad you can be seen right away. Please keep us posted!!
  • @runsomewhere glad you can get in sending hugs and positive vibes!  
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• sm05-2sm05-2 member
    Good luck @runsomewhere! Keep us updated—I’ll be crossing my fingers for you!
  • @runsomewhere I hope everything checks out okay! Ditto to what everyone else said, keep us updated when you can.

My somewhat related random is that I went to L&D this morning too. I was having contractions early this morning and when I finally started timing them at 5:20am, they were 3-6 minutes apart and lasting 1.5 minutes. After an hour of this, I called DH so he could come home from work and go with me. They gave me IV fluids and put me on monitors. The contractions slowed but never fully stopped. Said if I have spotting or the contractions get stronger or closer together, to go back in. I happen to have an OB appt tomorrow and see the MFM for a routine US on Thursday so hopefully all stays uneventful for the time being.
  • @TalesOfASocialIntrovert did they do a cervix check? Hopefully the fluids will help calm things down! 

• @runsomewhere thinking of you! Let us know how it goes.

@TalesOfASocialIntrovert Thinking of you too! 

These babies need to stay put just a while longer. I know they're getting anxious and excited for summer time like we all are, but not quite yet babies, not quite yet. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• edited May 2018
    @zande2016 My OB was actually at the hospital doing surgery (so he was the OB they consulted) and he asked that my cervix not be checked unless I wanted them to. The current thinking is that it can contribute to preterm labor if the cervix is already "irritated" by contractions. If I had spotting or discharge, they likely would have checked but since I don't have either, the consensus was they my cervix is still probably closed. I was comfortable with that recommendation.

Edited to add that with previous contractions at 26ish weeks with this pregnancy and preterm contractions with DD, my cervix was always closed. If I had a history of dilation, they would have checked.
  • @runsomewhere Glad everything is looking good so far! I find my anxiety really amps up after 30 weeks. I know that on paper I have months left but once I pass that milestone, birth feels so close! (The regular contractions and practically living at doctor offices at this stage also def contributes  ;) )
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @runsomewhere glad things are going well! 
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert would a trans vag US also be a precaution to contributing to preterm? I totally understand why they wouldn’t want to do a manual check tho. Hope things settle for you! 

• @wildtot I didn't ask them that specifically since so much can be seen transabdominal at this stage but I would imagine it's possible. I guess it would depend on how much the wand contacts the cervix?? 
  • @runsomewhere - glad you got checked out and things are looking good. Always so scary when baby isn't moving in there.
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert - hope everything calms down for you!  Take it easy. 
  • Glad everything looked good for both of ya'll today @TalesOfASocialIntrovert & @runsomewhere!

I got the saying wrong - Urban Dictionary says it should be "bug up your a$$".  LOL.  I basically got mad that the office was such a mess and did something about it!