July 2018 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change 5/4-5/6

How far along are you?

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM/STM+?

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 5/4-5/6

• How far along are you?
    30 weeks! Can’t believe only 10 more!
    I had an appointment last week. It was fine. Glucose test (that I failed), rogam, and TDaP. Did my two hour glucose yesterday and that was fine!
    Cravings?
    Nothing super specific at the moment
    Rants/Raves?
    I passed my 2 hour glucose! I was stressed about it. 
    Questions for FTM/STM+?

currently reading Hunted (book 2 in The Chosen series by Denise Grover Swank- I lovveee a different series by her but this one is good too)
    watching Jane the Virgin (the season just ended though) and Call the midwife! 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    How far along are you? 
    30 wks today! Zucchini 

Saw chiropractor for first time today and it was magical! Next week i have my 30 wk appointment and another chiro 
    Cravings?
    Just a bottomless pit. Bit madeleines sound good right now!
    Rants/Raves?
    I just want to cancel all meetings for the next 8 weeks! Officially on baby brain status.
    Questions for FTM/STM+?
    None right now 
    i personally don’t like to read unless i have to lol I’d rather sleep. I’ve been watching a lot of Naked and Afraid lately.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?

28 weeks today

Had my glucose testing and a doctor appointment yesterday. 

Cravings? No- still trying to force myself to eat

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM/STM+?

I watch a lot of shows! Trying to watch the handmaid tales by its creepy. Greys anatomy, teen mom, splitting up together, married at first sight, riverdale, designated survivor, Chicago fire/pd/med, dynasty, the crown - when it returns. 
  • How far along are you? - 30 weeks on Sunday

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go? - next regular appointment is Monday :)

Cravings? - salt & vinegar everything & root beer floats (healthy lol)

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM/STM+?

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? - started the second season of The Handmaid’s Tale today. And I’m reading “I’ll Be Gone in the Dark” by Michelle McNamara (the story of the Golden State Killer), it’s fascinating!

run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you?
    29 weeks today
    Went on Thursday. Got put on medical leave for the next 2 weeks due to being exhausted/dizzy from super low iron. Though doing nothing all day is already super boring.... 
    Cravings?
    Root beer floats
    Rants/Raves?
    I miss work and have a million things to do and a presentation for the trustees the day I'm scheduled to go back that I'm nervous about! 
    Questions for FTM/STM+?
    None this week
    GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? Watchin old seasons of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix.  Should probably find a good book since I rarely get the chance to read
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks today, can't believe it! Single digit countdown is almost here!

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go? Ultrasound on the 23rd

Cravings? Not really, appetite is decreasing.

Rants/Raves? I'm sure I'll have something to rant about come Monday. I'm excited today because my parents are coming to get us some furniture and help get the baby's room together.

Questions for FTM/STM+? nothing now

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching?  Currently watching Princess Sophia with DD lol. DH and I have been in to Superstore recently.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 29 weeks today

Saw my ob on Wednesday. Got my tdap vaccine. Talked about needing to on leave come 34 weeks due to week nst. We'll see though. I'm trying to get approval to work from home instead.

Cravings? sourdough toast with butter, cheetos puffs, bean, cheese, and rice burritos

Rants/Raves? enjoying baby girl move

Questions for FTM/STM+?

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching
    Just finished listening to Girl Wash Your Face. I laughed, cried, and definitely said, "I've been there" while listening to this audio book. I HIGHLY recommend the read/listen. 
    Just finished watching Glow. Catching up on the latest Call the Midwife season. Always watching The Big Bang Theory. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• How far along are you? 29 weeks

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go? I have an appointment on Tuesday - definitely going to ask about the TDap because nobody has mentioned it to me but it seems like you’ve all been getting them around now!

Cravings? Swiss cheese! Idk it’s weird. 

Rants/Raves? Playoff hockey... it’s constantly on in my house.  Dh’s team is out but he still watches all the games. I like a good hockey game but omg it’s endless. 

Questions for FTM/STM+? I probably do but I’ve forgotten them all. 

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? Reading Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, watching.. everything?  I’m so scattered.  I was watching Murder Files but the last ep I watched scared me too much so I’ve gone off that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A few days late on this.

How far along are you? 28wks this past Saturday

Any appointments this week or last? How'd they go? last week, had my GD test and passed it, next one isn't for a few weeks

Cravings? about once a week I have to have the Cobb Salad from Chik Fil A

Rants/Raves? I work in HR and sometimes I feel like I am a kindergarten teacher, actually many days. Why is it so damn hard for adults to act like a responsible adult...sigh

Questions for FTM/STM+? How is everyone handling the thought that soon you will have to actually give birth? I'm about to sign with a doula, however I am still legit scared about labor and delivery, especially when some crazy sad story pops up online somewhere. 

GTKY: What are you currently reading or watching? Sadly, I am still reading exam prep materials. Trying to lock in another certification before baby boy comes along, the finish line is near! 
  • @jenny2018 regarding handling the thought of giving birth soon:

I just let it go. The baby has to come out one way or another and countless babies enter this world daily under varied circumstances. I am fortunate to have care and access to a hospital I feel confident in so I consider myself lucky. 

I feel like sometimes we get so caught up in wanting the water birth/natural birth/whatever birth we have planned that we go in on guard and act like the hospital is the enemy and somehow in our way. Of course we have the right to have our wishes honored when it comes to birth but at the end of the day I trust my doctor and I realized that over planning for the type of birth you want does nothing but cause you stress and anxiety. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jenny2018 I definitely get anxious knowing it's coming up, but then I try to remind myself, this baby is getting out whether I am ready or not, and the ultimate goal is to get him here healthy. I also am trying for med free this time, which scares me, but I keep reminding myself billions of women have done it and survived to do it over and over again. My mom did it 4 times. I can do it. I definitely had some trauma related to my first birth, and all of that has been bubbling back up lately the closer I get, so there are times when thinking about this birth and having things not go as planned due to medical issues out of my control has caused serious anxiety for me. In my mind I think I dealt with the past trauma by making a plan for how my next birth would be different, but  there are so many variables we cannot control. I have had to come to terms with my plans not panning out while still fighting to advocate for myself and get at least some of the birth I wanted while knowing I'll have to give up other things. I am also dealing with the anxiety by hiring a doula who knows what I want and can help me advocate (and help with pain so I don't cave to the epidural), and just trying to stay calm and tell myself the most important thing is getting the baby here healthy. 

I am late in responding but....

How far along are you?
    was 30 weeks Friday...so 30+3 today. 

appointments every week it seems! Tomorrow I have a growth scan with the MFM, nervous to see how baby is growing and if things are still normal. Also a little nervous about the MFM reviewing my sugar logs, knowing he might put me on insulin, but it is what it is. Then after that I see the midwife, also nervous for that appointment because I've had issues with my practice and plan to use my appointment tomorrow with the head/managing midwife to discuss all of my concerns. I want to stay at my current practice, but I feel some things that have happened and been said to me have caused me to lose trust, and I want to be able to gain that trust back and work things out. I  told my husband I really want him to make an effort to come with me for moral support, as I know for a fact I will start crying and struggle to keep myself together. THEN a third appointment tomorrow with a different midwife practice that I might switch to. Not even sure they would take me, especially if I go on insulin, but I've heard amazing things about them and the hospital they deliver at would save us a lot of money due to insurance reasons. Overall, tomorrow might be my turning point where I finally get some clarity and figure out the plan for how I'm getting  this baby out in 8-10 weeks! Also chiropractor tomorrow for this sciatica, sooo hoping it helps! 

Cravings?
    Um, anything NOT on the GD diet? I seriously just want to sit down and eat all the chips without thinking about my blood sugar. So close...

Rants/Raves?
    Just nervous about tomorrow, and also really over work at this point. Horrible sciatica pain has been making me miserable, and weird contractions have been worrying me the past couple days. I couldn't walk or do the elliptical last night, which sucks for my GD, so I did prenatal yoga instead and it felt pretty good to stretch. Now I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner, and hoping that might help my aches and pains a bit. 

Questions for FTM/STM+?
    Hmm no real questions right now. 

I wish I had time to read, by the time I get any down time, I am just too tired. I want to find time to  read some books on childbirth...we'll see. Watching Handmaid's Tale, Gilmoore Girls for the 10,000th time, and whatever boring show my husband wants to watch while he rubs my feet (we barter). 
  • runsomewherezande2016  - totally agree about the end result being healthy baby and me. I've honestly kept everything completely open about my expectations as in I've got what I'd like, but if plan b, c, d, etc...need to happen then lets do it. I guess since I've never done it before it's more anxiety over what to expect and how I will handle it. Thankfully, I've got a practice that I love and an amazing hospital with a great center! Thank you for your reassuring words!!
  • @jenny2018 I am reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth - it does a really good job of explaining the mind-body connection during childbirth.  She tells stories of women would progress so far into labour, then labour would stall and she would work with them to figure out what anxieties/worries they had, and once those were addressed/resolved, labour would begin progressing rapidly again.  It's truly amazing.  I think it vilifies hospital births a bit too much, so I don't actually recommend reading it yourself if you're having any fear, but I would do some research into the mind-body connection for childbirth for sure!  Start with your positive birth affirmations to alleviate some anxiety! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • canucklehead123 - that is awesome thank you! I think once I've selected my doula and have a full session with her that will help a lot. I'm also looking into doing a hypnobirthing class, I've heard they are great!
  • Ina May’s book is at the top of my list to read!