November 2018 Moms
Options

Sunday Ticker Change - 4/29

This is for those of us with a due date of:

11/4
11/11
11/18
11/25

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Sunday Ticker Change - 4/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    11 weeks! Baby is the size of a lime.

2. How are you feeling?
    MS is still a thing although it's possible it's not as bad? I'm vomiting less, so I guess that a plus ha. Still tired and I just feel like my muscles are cramped, my back hurts, legs, it's just crazy-- going to start trying prenatal yoga or something to see if stretching will help. Oh, and the constipation is real. 

Yes, doing the NT scan and bloodwork on Wednesday. Nervous and excited. 

I'm just tired of feeling sick. We have a trip coming up in a month and I'm really hoping I'm feeling better by then. 

5. GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? The cooking channel, I can sit for hours and just watch the shows. So silly ha 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 12 weeks, plum

2. How are you feeling? Ok. Still nauseous and exhausted. I was nauseous until 16 weeks with DS, so I expect it will be similar this time.

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

4. Rants/raves/questions? I think we're going to take DS out in his "worlds best brother" shirt and take some pics. We'll probably tell DH's parents and other close family later this week and social media soon after. I'm excited, because I feel like it makes it so much more real when other people know. 

5. GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? I love staying in my pajamas all day. If we don't leave the house (or until we do) you'll usually find me in my pjs!

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @phoenix870509 The Bridgertons is one of my favs! I also like Lisa Klypas and Brenda Joyce.
    @CopperBoom86 I wanted to cry when they got rid of the nacho cheese fries.
    @mockingjay1 +1 on pajamas all day. I'm still in mine, with no plans of changing lol
  • Options
    Week 13. Baby is as big as a small peach.

2. How are you feeling?
    Ugh, still coughing from my cold. At least I can go back to work this week. Gotta save my sick leave for maternity leave!
    Nauseous still but idk if that's from my cold or not. My weight is still dropping too.

Nope, don't go back till May 23rd

My best friend wants to throw a small gender release party but it will be almost a month after I do the ultrasound to find out. I am trying to decide if I can wait that long. Has anyone ever done a gender reveal party? And are you planning to this time?

Romance novels for me too but I like the sci-fi types with shifters or vampires. They are addicting!

@mockingjay1 - I am usually in PJs too. It's just so comfy.

@copperboom86 - o get sick Everytime I eat taco Bell but it tastes so good that I still go and just plan to regret it later.

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 12 weeks. Plum.

2. How are you feeling? I'm ok. Tired. I thought the nausea was gone, but it came back yesterday. 

3. Any appointments this week? Nope

5. GTKY: What is one of your guilty pleasures? Romance novels for me too. I like fantasy: Shifters, Supernatural things. I'm super picky about them tho, because it needs to have a good plot other than just the romance, otherwise I won't read it. 

@phoenix870509 I loved the Avengers even if it made me feel like my best friend died. Best Marvel movie to date. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow - agreed, there needs to be a good story or I will stop reading it and look for the next book.

I gotta correct myself from above...fantasy, not sci-fi. 

• Options
    @kamahina9 I love Charlene Harris books. Southern vampire series was my fav! I haven't read a good romance for a couple months now. I need some suggestions! 
  • Options
    12 size of a Plum

2. How are you feeling?
    The heartburn is getting worse, but nausea isn't too bad. I'm still super exhausted hoping to get that energy burst in the next few weeks.

NT scan tomorrow. I am so excited to see our little peanut.

No, not today

Watching re-runs of ER. I'm obsessed :p
  • Options
    @marfi236 - I hope you get better soon! I am finally finishing my cold (or so I hope) but have lost my voice from all the coughing. At least the congestion and fever are done though. And CONGRATS on the house!! That's a huge deal and needs to be celebrated!

@middleschoolmommy - have you read Amy A. Bartol? I just read her Premonition series pretty quick cause it was addicting. And I didn't even realize it was a series till I was done since Kindle unlimited has the whole series as one "book". 

• Options
    @kamahina9 About the gender reveal party...I would honestly ask her to move up the date of the party. A whole month after you find out seems so long to wait. Would you know the sex? Or would it just be a secret from everyone else? I've never done one myself for either of our girls,  so I'm not sure what the norm is on timing...

@vrj0522 Congratulations on your baby girl! 

@lurvleybunchococonuts So glad that you're feeling a little better! What kinds of things are y'all wanting to plant? I would love to have a garden!
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @josie12367 I've been dreaming about what all I want to plant for the past few days :)  Bush beans, shell peas, multi colored carrots (cause MH doesn't eat orange *insert eyeroll*), pickling cucumbers, and a variety of tomatoes are no brainers.  We'll likely do a few hot peppers.  H also wants to do 1 row of sweet corn (although I'm slightly leary of that).  Some spaghetti squash and maybe some non-orange squashes.  Ooo maybe a FEW pie pumpkins cause I LOVE pumpkin.  Not summer squash or zucchini though.  As much as I like both of them H isn't a big fan and you always end up with BOATLOADS when you just want a few.  I'm toying around with looking into what you need to do for onions.  Maybe some basil and a few other herbs, but herbs have always been tough for me in the past for some reason I dunno if I don't harvest them soon enough or what.  I'm trying to focus primarily on veggies that have a decent shelf life that you can freeze or can.  Especially with LO on the way I'm REALLY hoping we get enough to actually get a little bit of pantry stock going.  My raised beds the past few years only produce enough for a meal or two and never enough to bother canning.   

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to share!  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts if you’re doing sweet corn, they have to be planted in blocks (i think 6x6, or maybe it was 9x9) because they need one another to properly pollinate. on the plus side, you can plant some vining beans with them. the beans willl grow up along them and provide some mutual benefits.
  • Options
    @highsteaks ohhhhhh good to know!  I'm thinking we'll forego the corn than and just purchase some from a local farmers market to freeze/can.  It's cheap enough when it's in season especially around here.  Although... do you know if you would be able to do it if you pollinated by hand?  I just *know* MH will ask if I give him that reason to not plant it :lol: 

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    highsteakshighsteaks member
    edited May 2018
    @lurvleybunchococonuts i’m with you in just buying, because they take up so much space when planted, and we can get just as many for like $2 at the grocery store. iirc, i think you can pollinate by hand by breaking off one head of corn and basically mingling its hairs with the others, but it’s just not as successful as block planting and letting the wind play cupid.

eta- just looked it up again; he’d have to snap off little bunches of tassels each day for a week to make a sort of duster each time and use that to hand pollinate.

i just remembered that my in laws also did small group plantings in large burlap bags filled with soil for corn. i never saw the results but they claimed it worked... they didn’t do it again after the first year though, sooooo...
  • Options
    @highsteaks Ahhh okay!  I was just discussing it with my boss and she stated you only get like a couple ears/stalk anyhow so it's really not worth the amount of room/effort it'll take unless you plan on doing a lot of it or if you really wanna try it for fun.  Plus it's soooo damn cheap when in season.  Awesome <3 Thank you so much for pointing that out!  I'd be all grrrrr about it later this year if I had planted it :lol:  Do you have a garden/plans to plant one?  

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @lurvleybunchococonuts we do! spoiler because it’ll be a little long winded.
    we’ve done a few raised beds each year for 8 years now, but since our dd was born, we’ve been keeping it low key because it is so much work! it’s really only for the pleasure of growing something tangible at this point. we’re mid-atlantic, so not a terribly long growing season (we just had another frost last week). right now we have kale, chinese cabbage, some other leafy frost hardy plant, and one tomato plant that barely survrived the frost (i was a little too optimistic one warm weekend). we have a little more room for a few other things now that the threat of frost is (hopefully) over, but i’m not sure what we’ll do. in the past, we’ve done strawberries, corn, zucchini, yellow squash, sweet peas, string beans, pumpkin, tomato, herbs, corn, various lettuce, spinach, an ill fated attempt at watermelon, various pepper plants, broccoli, asparagus, and mammoth 10ft sunflowers. my dh and i really are on opposite sides of the spectrum in what we want to grow- he seems to love the weird veggies that take forever to harvest, and i like everything quick and cool to watch, but he’s mostly taken over the last few years since we had dd because he’s more optimistic than i am about actually getting out there to take care of the beds. i’m sure once all the kids are in school, i’ll really get into it again.
  • Options
    @highsteaks That's awesome! I've had my garden just the past two years.  We've tried cabbage which was an utter failure, it grew, but never balled up into a head.  Brussels sprouts which didn't do anything.  Spaghetti squash which grew, and blossomed, but never pollinated or produced any squash :(  Leaf lettuce which grew just fine, but never enough for a proper salad (maybe I wasn't patient enough with it).  As mentioned my herbs were semi-failures (cilantro one year was a success, parsley the next even though I would plant cilantro, parsley, basil, oregano, and dill each year).  I've had decent luck with beans (especially last year they grew like mad), cucumbers, and hot peppers.  I tired shell peas last year and they were a success just not very many (spacing issue).  I've been successful in tomato plants, I always seem to get these MASSIVE beautiful plants with little crop.  I'm hoping the change in location, increase in sunlight is what's missing there.  I tried carrots last year which was successful although they were all pretty little, again spacing issue.  I'm laughing contemplating your massive sunflowers... I love sunflowers maybe I'll plant those in my raised beds just for the hell of it :D My MIL has a huge strawberry patch so I've never bothered with them, they will take over your garden if you're not careful.  Gardening is a lot of work, but it's soooo therapeutic and thankfully DSD LOVES to help out in the garden.  It helps me/forces me to go outside a little bit every day after work, and the fresh produce/joy of knowing I grew this is just so so satisfying!    

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    edited May 2018
    @lurvleybunchococonuts this is the first time we’re growing cabbage, and i looked at it and i thought the same thing! it doesn’t look like a ball is going to form. as for your tomatoes, sounds like the changes you’re making should help, but also think about pinching off the branches that form between the horizontal branches and the stalk. that kinda forces the plant to focus energy on fruiting and not sustaining the leaves. 
    eta- tomato pinching pic 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts i got so distracted by tomato plants that i forgot to address other stuff haha. maybe we should start a gardening thread lol. anyways, the past few times dd has been in the garden to “help” she wound up plucking fruit before they were ripe while our backs were turned. and the sunflowers bring me so much joy, but my dh has to get out the hacksaw at the end of the season to cut them down, the stalks are so big! the flower heads are as wide as my finger tips to my elbow. this year i think i might go with a different variety, maybe one that suits cutting for an indoor vase as a change.
  • Options
    @highsteaks Ooooohhhh, I've never heard of doing that.  I bet that would help a bunch.  I will try it this year!  

Did you roast your mammoth sunflowers for the seeds or leave them for the birds?

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts both- we seriously get sooooo many seeds.
  • Options
    @highsteaks Ooooo AWESOME! MH loves sunflower seeds (he grew up playing baseball so he always had some on him) so I think he'd LOVE the idea of some pretty sunflowers :)  Plus I have a hard time planting things that are non-edible.  It seems like a waste to me to put so much effort into something that just looks pretty :lol: Not that I don't like me some flowers, but I actually bother to take care of it if I get something back.

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
  • Options
    @josie12367 - we are appointment buddies! My next appointment is the 23rd too. My DH and I wouldn't know the sex until the reveal party. This is our first and we are pretty anxious but DH said if she really wants to throw us a party then we should be surprised too. I'm very tempted to say we should just do it on a weekday so that it won't be a whole month out. 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts & @highsteaks - all that gardening sounds so impressive!!! If there is a garden thread I'd love to see a pic of what you gals plant. I can't garden for anything. I kill succulents and I can't figure out why. They are supposed to be easy to keep alive!!

• Options
    @kamahina9 oh many, many succulents have perished on my watch! haha