December 2018 Moms
Options

Let's talk about sex (are you having a boy or a girl!?)

Re: Let's talk about sex (are you having a boy or a girl!?)

• Options
    clbnessclbness member
    @katy0990 That is something my husband would say!!  :D That, or pecker. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katy0990 LOL!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @katy0990 LOL!! That is so funny!!!! 
    I keep getting mad at him telling him to stop calling the baby a girl in case it’s a boy. Hahaha I’m clearly overly sensitive. 
  • Options
    @katy0990 Hahahaha a tallywhacker! I've never heard that before! Hilarious!
  • Options
    @katy0990 omg that's the only time I've ever heard of someone saying tallywhacker other then my 72 year old nana
  • Options
    I have a feeling it's a girl but my intuition was wrong the first time so we'll see!
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    abowlsabowls member
    @mamajudec2018 we had our first ultrasound this week and we're really relieved to see only one baby.  We only transferred one but my hCG levels were insane so my nurse thought that he'd probably split and we were having identical twins.  Hopefully the next ultrasound in 2 weeks will still show one.  My nurse said that once in awhile they miss one at 6 weeks.
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    @mhobbes!!!! YAYYYY!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!! I'm afraid I contaminated mine because I was a hot mess while doing it  :D:D
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @mhobbes YAY!!!!!!!  Girls are SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!  DD calls me her bestie  <3  I know she'll hate me in 10-15 yeras, so I'll take it right now  :D
    Dec '18 May Siggy Challenge - Bad Moms
    Image result for jenelle evans dramastically gif
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mhobbesmhobbes member
    Thanks, guys <3 
    @texas_t unless you contaminated it with somebody else's blood you'll be fine! By the way, I don't even know you but I'm super exited with you having twins! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mhobbes Congratulations!
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    @mhobbes You're so sweet, thank you! I'm pretty excited myself! Did you do the fast track one or the regular one? It's set to be delivered today, so I'm hoping I hear back tomorrow!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    kadeephd said:
    @kristah2 I have a feeling I am having a girl too, but it might just be wishful thinking.  I don't think we'll find out.  I'm afraid I'll be disappointed if I find out it's a boy, but I know I'll be excited once the baby is born no matter what.
    See I'm the opposite, I'd rather know before s/he is born so I can prepare myself. If I was team green I'd probably get it in my head it was one thing, get all excited, then be a little upset when it's born opposite of what I thought. Yes I'd be thrilled to have a baby, but I'd still have a bit of disappointment. And I know everyone's different, that's just me!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @mhobbes Congrats!! Nothing like that bond between mom and daughter... plus little girls' clothes are a million times cuter than little boys' clothes  :wink:
  • Options
    mhobbesmhobbes member
    @texas_t I live outside the US (in Brazil) so here the test is a bit diferent. I had to go to a lab to draw some blood and the test got ready in 6 days! Let us know when you find out! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh we are talking predictions?? I have a feeling this baby is a girl. My son (3yo) also thinks it’s a girl. I had a strong feeling my son was a boy from the time I knew I was pregnant..... so maybe??? Or maybe I’m just REALLY hoping for a girl this time around. Guess I’ll find out in July. I’ll be happy for a healthy baby either way. I just really wanna shop girl clothes!
  • Options
    What is team green? 
  • Options
    @faith0222 if you're not finding out the sex! 
  • Options
    I've had 4 different people tell me they think this baby is a girl, no one has guessed boy.  I'm really hoping I can convince my H to pay out of pocket for the NIPT, I don't think I can wait until the end of July to find out!  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I have a feeling it is a girl (heartrate is 164). I am 8w6d today. I will have my NIPT on May 18th and find out shortly after. I want a girl. I wouldn't mind a boy either. I think most of us are in the same boat of "doesn't matter, as long as it is healthy." But I hope to be team pink this first round. 
  • Options
    @texas_t have you found out the sex of the twins!?! I logged in just to see if you posted the results. IDK why I’m so excited to find out LOL 
  • Options
    WOOO @texas_t! I guess there is no way to know how many boys until an ultrasound around 18 weeks?
  • Options
    Ahh @texas_t I've been waiting to hear your results! It's such a bummer that they can't isolate it more for you to tell if they are BB or BG!
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    mhobbesmhobbes member
    That's so cool, @texas_t!  Congrats! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yayyyy! Congrats @texas_t
  • Options
    @texas_t
    Ahhh this is soo exciting!!! I’m so happy for you hun!!! 
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    Thank y'all!!!! Now we can use all my son's clothes that I'm so sentimentally attached to!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t Congratulations! I’m glad I’m not the only one who got attached to the baby clothes.
  • Options
    Yay @texas_t!!!!!!!  
    Dec '18 May Siggy Challenge - Bad Moms
    Image result for jenelle evans dramastically gif
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nawminnawmin member
    bkcl629 said:
    I have a feeling we're having a boy (I was right with DS#2), DH is convinced it's a girl. His logic is "we're due for a girl this time" I laughed and redirected him to the local news where a family just had their 14th boy. 

He says since this is our last we should have fun with it and be team green. I've agreed for now, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold out. 
    This is me with the opposite.  I am thinking it’s another girl (although I thought it was a boy last time) and DH thinks it’s a boy, but mostly because he really wants one I think. 

I just had had my blood drawn for the Materniti21 test and even though the results will be in jn 5-10 business days, we won’t find out until our apptmt 5/24 because DH will be away until then.  So not only will I be miserably single parenting for 2 weeks, I will be dying as I wait to find out. 
  • Options

What is this early test you guys are talking about??

We will likely to NIPT and find out then since my insurance said I'd only have a $50 copay. I think I'm too early at this point to have a feeling of what I am having, but I KNEW with DS that it was going to be a boy.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie It’s called the Sneak Peek! Only $60 and it sounds like it’s very accurate. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    omnommeromnommer member
    edited May 2018
    We told my in-laws that I'm pregnant yesterday. After the initial shock/congrats moment, they immediately started talking about a "ring" test where you take your wedding ring off your finger and put it on a chain. Someone hangs it above the mom's belly and depending on if it goes in a circle or in a straight line you are having a boy or girl. I laughed and told them that that's an old wives tale and not rooted in any science. Then they proceeded to tell me that it was right for my husband. I responded that it had a 50% chance of being right.  :o:D

Can't wait till we can take a test and find out!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I got my NIPT test done this morning. In 7-10 days, I will know!
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    Not sure yet, but I’m AMA so I’ll know soon enough! I have a garage full of the cutest baby girl clothes, so I wouldn’t mind a baby sister for DD. But honestly I’m just thrilled we are having #2 after 3 mo of TTC! Last time it took 11 mo, one mc and a cp. I was AMA then too. But I lost 45 lbs this past year and I think that really helped us get pregnant!
  • Options
    dj124dj124 member
    How does the test work