July 2018 Moms

WTF Wednesday 5/2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday 5/2

• Remember when I swore I wasn't coming back into the office? Yea I've been here for 90 min and I'm already sore AF.  Apparently all my remote staff picked this week for their once a year pilgrimage to HQ but not the same day...WTF
    On a bright note - Cascara syrup is back at Starbucks and it's going to finally feel like spring today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    I cant people today. It’s raining today and tomorrow. It’s sprinkling and people are driving like their cars are made of sugar. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My test results came back and apparently I am anemic :( I know it could be much worse,  but I feel bad. 
  • @cseley321 i'm sorry - according to my last two CBC's my WBC is high RBC low and like 5 other things flagged but the comment from the OB office on the report is "within normal limits"... so maybe there's an anemic scale? Are you feeling tired/dizzy/anemic? or had no clue until call/test? Excuse to eat more burgers?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @cseley321 oh no I’m sorry! It’s pretty common during pregnancy so don’t be too hard on yourself. I was anemic with DS and had to take the dreaded supplements. I also got into the habit of eating cream of wheat every morning since it has iron. I only eat it while pregnant. But @gingerbride26 has a better idea with the burgers lol
  • @cseley321 always take the excuse for more burgers! Did you have any symptoms? I was severely anemic last spring and I’d never been so tired in my life. I’m not a big meat eater, so I lived off Raisin Bran, spinach, berries, beans plus supplements. Vitamin c helps with the absorption too. Don’t be too hard on yourself, it’s common during pregnancy, there’s a reason they test for it! 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @BrittG13 wth? That’s pretty creep of both using the picture AND what they are asking as proof. Removing a picture shouldn’t be this hard! Are you talking to the account owner about it (or whoever is their guardian)?
  • DS was fighting a cold this week and has infected everyone he’s touched. So naturally, DH has been moping around the house for two days like he’s on his death bed.. DS only had a cough and stuffy nose... 
    I’ve got the same head cold and spent the morning cleaning the house, while tending to a toddler and growing a human  :|
  • WTF me and my inability to be motivated at work! I really enjoy my job and I'm super dedicated but I can't get myself to give a sh*t at all right now. I'm just counting down the days. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @runsomewhere same i might leave early and finish from home on my bed. I just want to cancel all meetings. Counting down the weeks...

@acunamatada

• DH is home with a fever ugh I love how he gets to nap and rest whenever he feels like but I have to truck on whenever I have been sick...

Also I am a psoriasis flare up which just sucks and makes me self conscious and DD was up what seemed like all night last night. 

@acunamatada good luck with the moping husband. 
    @cseley321 aw I'm sorry :( not fun but definitely manageable!
    @BrittG13 yeah that is crazy facebook wants all that info! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @BrittG13 sorry you're going through that. FYI mentally handicapped/disabled are considered offensive terms - try intellectual disability. 

@runsomewhere I don't think my lack of work motivation has ever been this bad. It's seriously a problem. Can I blame this on hormones? Or am I just lazy AF?  
  • @BrittG13 ugh, I'm sorry, that's terrible. We've already told our families we don't want pics of our kid on FB, and it will be strictly enforced.  Also, sorry about the info FB is asking for, are there any alternative ways to prove the relationship you can provide? I'm the legacy contact for my brother and when I was ready to put his account in memorial status, I had to prove to FB that my brother had passed away. They wanted the death certificate! A. no way was I sending that to any organization that didn't absolutely need it, like a bank or the IRS. and B. thanks FB for making a really difficult time harder! Seriously a joy to keep reliving that. I refused and sent them a picture from his plaque at the cemetery and thankfully that was enough because the account was in memorial status in like 5 minutes.
  • @zande2016 and @wildtot that's what I'm trying to figure out! Like, I seriously can't be productive at work right now.  I'll stare at my to-do list, answer an email, zone out and get on the bump or amazon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere I'm doing the same thing. I like my job, like my clients and I just cannot seem to get anything done. I spent most of yesterday afternoon just doing random things on the web. I can't focus!
  • cseley321cseley321 member
    edited May 2018
    Nah they just tested for it when they were doing my 1 hour glucose test. The only symptom I have had that stuck out (after reading about it) is I am always sooooo tired. Last pregnancy I was tired on the first trimester, but it went away. This time it has been bad the whole time. I don't drink caffeine either, so that doesn't help.

We recently cut wayyyy down on the amount of meat we eat because my husband has high cholesterol.  I am having the hardest time keeping things balanced because I love cooking and eating meat. I am just dreading having to do research and force myself to eat crap I don't like so that I can get the nutrition I need while not incorporating meat... ugh.
  • BrittG13BrittG13 member
    edited May 2018
    @noideawhatshesdoing I am so sorry to hear that. I can’t imagine. I can’t get ahold of anyone at Facebook. There is no phone number, online chat, the Facebook community help is riddled with questions along a similar vein that have gone completely unanswered...I’m not sending an identity theft kit, it’s counter to what I’m trying to do which is to protect my child. I’m so angry, I’m angry that I can’t just delete my Facebook and be done but that I feel I have to keep it to monitor to make sure this doesn’t happen again. 

@zande2016 I’m truly sorry you or anyone would be offended by my words, as that is not my intent. I am not trying to be obtuse, I have never heard that those terms were offensive especially as they are used regularly and interchangeably with our family members medical caregivers. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BrittG13 no worries, I never thought you meant any offense, I was just giving a head's up. Maybe things are just more "pc" by me based on where I live/work 
  • @BrittG13 Just a thought on the Facebook issue, who took the picture? Is it the family member that posted it? Or is it one you had taken and shared privately with family? If it was a picture you took, you could submit a copyright complaint because if you took the picture originally, you own the copyright on it. It's still a slow process, but they do take DMCA complaints pretty seriously and there is a phone number you can contact for this type of take down notice once you've filled out their complaint form. It might be a pretty thin argument, but it could be another avenue to look at. If the family member that posted the pic also took the picture, then I think the privacy rights process is the only way. Hopefully they get back to you and get the image down soon!
  • @cseley321 oo i got this one! we cut out red meat 10 years ago because of DH's cholesterol.  Spinach is your friend; cook it up and throw it in with pasta/spaghetti for iron boost without too much healthy taste.  There's also some yummy green smoothies/juices.  Edamame is high in protein and iron and you can get awesome micro packs in the frozen food area. Chickpea hummus is a great snack option with some iron - though watch the garlic and heartburn.  All else fails, make him take you out for a juicy burger or steak once a week while he eats chicken ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • krystlerrkrystlerr member
    edited May 2018
    @cseley321 I also found out I was slightly anemic this week after my bloodwork test results came back from the glucose test. I have to take iron now and I’m trying to make sure I get more in my diet. I was told cooked spinach, raisins, leafy greens, etc. I definitely have been feeling very tired but no other symptoms. Hopefully my body takes the iron just fine. 
  • Ugh, work sucks. You know that saying "There's no such thing as a stupid question"? No, not true. There are many very stupid questions. Today every work person that has asked me anything has had a stupid question. Not just stupid, like really really stupid. I've been awake since 3am, I do not have patience for stupid today.

• @noideawhatshesdoing I believe she took it from a family event..she also posted a picture of me from when I was underage in addition to pictures of my husband and other family members without their knowledge or permission. We’ve reached out to all the email providers and Facebook legal and will submit continuing minor papers to hopefully force a shut down. 

I cant believe this process, 4 people have spent their whole day on this. It shouldn’t be this hard to protect your child...

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What the actual fuck. So on Monday the administrative assistant at my job called in sick.
    i happened to answer the phone. She put on a really pitiful fake sick voice - like very exaggerated and you could tell it was an act. But whatever, it’s her sick time if she wants to use it, I didn’t care. Then today she calls and says she can’t come in but wanted to come in later to talk to my boss. So we’re all like, she must be quitting. Except my office manager who thought she was pregnant. I knew she had been looking for jobs for a while, since she told me. Turns out she was planning on quitting today with no notice - she’s starting a new job tomorrow. My boss was sick today, so she quit over the phone the phone tonight, with zero notice. After 8 years of employment. And I think she called in sick the last few days to use up her leftover sick days before quitting. I can’t figure out what else she would have been doing. She was absolutely horrible at her job so I’m hoping we get someone new quickly who actually makes my life easier, but my boss tends to act very slowly so it will probably be a while. 
  • cseley321 me too.  And iron supplements not only give me constipation but give me headaches.  UGH.  But ditto to what acunamatada  said about the vitamin C.  my friend is a nurse and said if you take iron supps to take them with an orange because it helps with absorption.  and because I have to take the iron, I'm back to drinking coffee for the constipation.  its an endless battle lol if you take one thing you need to do 6 other things to counteract it!

• @cseley321 add me to the anemic boat, fairly severely too I guess.  I've been home from work the last two days due to sheer exhaustion and dizziness.  I tried making my sons bed and had to take a break halfway through because I was out of breath and shaky! It's so discouraging.  This week I've been taking iron pills 3 times a day so hoping to feel better soon.  I feel like it's hard to eat all the iron rich foods because the pills make me feel gross... Though I've been thinking about steak since I woke up so that may be on the menu tonight! 
  • @zande2016 why is this a thing now!? I've had an employee quit with half day notice over the phone too.  Maybe i'm just old school but i would NEVER quit without notice - barring some gross altercation/mistreatment....maybe not even then... is there no common decency or personal accountability anymore???
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @acunamatada i think that’s so unprofessional. You can burn bridges like that. DH has done that at least once but it’s because he was in real good terms and he knew he would never go back. I’ve always had a good relationship with my bosses so I’ve been nice enough to even share if I’m looking. I’m a planner and i would hate being left in the dark with random quitting. If i worked in HR I’d probably make note of it for future reference checks. 
  • I mean assuming the new job told her she has to start right away....why would you WANT to work somewhere that doesn't allow you to give notice to your previous employer? That's not the kind of place I'd want to work, at all. And I doubt she just got offered the job yesterday, if anything she may have found out Monday and waited until last night to quit. 3 days is better than none. And my friend here keeps trying to defend her and being like she had no choice, she had to do it. Sorry but I just don't agree. We all get fed up working here and my boss is a pain in  the ass, but you don't just quit over the phone after 9 years of employment with no notice. 
  • @acunamatada I have never been a coffee drinker, but my constipation is pretty severe with both pregnancies  (don't get me started on the hemorrhoids its caused). I have taken colace every day since I got the positive beta and drink a shot of prune juice almost daily... maybe I should chug a cup of coffee too? :(
  • @cseley321 I now try and have some caffeine every day for that reason. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @zande2016 @gingerbride26 the only time I ever left a job without notice was because of an abusive boss. Technically I did give 2 weeks notice and only worked another 3 days because from the moment I gave my notice to the moment I told her I wasn't coming back she stopped referring to me by name and instead only as "bitch" to my face and to my coworkers (all of whom also hated her but we're too afraid to voice their discomfort) I definitely don't regret walking out on that job
  • @carsonraynee wtf? I have no words...
  • wildtotwildtot member
    @carsonraynee valid excuse to not stay! Sorry it had to end in such a terrible way. 
  • @cseley321 @wildtot yeah she was a psycho but this was years ago so I'm over it now but believe me I was fuming about it for awhile afterwards
  • SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited May 2018

@zande2016 that is insane! Quitting over the phone last minute when you are an adult human is not ok. What kind of reference does she think she'll get after this? If this job falls through and she can't use it as a reference that's two bridges burned. Poor planning on her part. 

@carsonraynee I hear you on the abusive boss! I had an abusive boss once and I put my notice in her inbox when she was on the phone and ran out the front door....she never responded so 10 days later I went in and was like, "did you get my notice." and she was like, um, no? She was pissed I was only giving her 4 days and I was like, uh...I gave you two weeks. You just didn't look at the letter I continuously left in your inbox after cleaning it out for 10 straight days.