TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Week of 4/30/18

1. Introduce yourself (if new):
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you?

Re: TTCAL Week of 4/30/18

• 2. 6DPO... the wait is starting to get hard!
    3. It’s already been a really long Monday and it’s not even 2:00 :( But the good news is it’s supposed to be gorgeous all week here!
    4. I was driving from St. Pete to Tampa on a long low bridge when I saw feet sticking out of the water and a helicopter circling above. I thought a car had gone over the bridge so I considered jumping in after the person. I decided to call 911 first and it turns out that guy had robbed a bank and was trying to escape the police. He had a backpack full of money with him and I found out on the evening news that night that they finally caught him later that afternoon. 
  • 40momma40momma member
    2. CD17, about to jump over to TWW 
    3. I have a gross work week ahead and of course it's supposed to be beautiful and sunny while I'm working overtime
    4. Years ago the apartment below me blew up from a drug lab gone wrong. The entire casing of the patio doors blew out onto the patio. The whole building shook and when we ran outside and tried to help the tenants below us, they said all was fine, haha. Turns out the landlord was also the mayor of the town. He should probably screen his tenants better....
  • Loading the player...

• 2. Status? 3 DPO I think
    3. R/R: 
    4.GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? I have a lot of crazy stories.  One that sticks out is being on home visit and house gets raided while I’m inside and I was handcuffed until officers figured out who I was.  One time I was observing a female provide a urine sample for drug test and she had a strap on penis on and one time a female had a test tube of urine stuffed inside her that fell in toilet when she gave sample.   This stuff happens every day.  In college, I lived in an upstairs flat and this guy jumped on roof somehow and banged on my bedroom window and then kicked our front door in.  All the cops in the town arrived and got on loud speaker to have him step away from the house.  

• char245char245 member
    @40momma and @Mack2342 those are definitely some crazy stories!! 
  • tosh24tosh24 member

2. Beta #1 today :#
    3. R/R: Today is supposed to be so nice out! Also, I went to bed super early and got an 8-9 hour sleep. I needed that!
    4.GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? When I was in my first year of university, a friend and I couldn't find a taxi on our way home from the bar at 2 AM. It was January and frigid and no taxis in sight. We were so cold we stopped at every bank to try to warm up in the little bank machine vestibule as we tried to make our way back to campus. All of a sudden, a painted purple school bus with black windows stopped beside us on the road and a drag queen appeared at the door and said they'd give us a ride back to campus for $2 each. We looked at each other hesitantly but we were so friggin cold we ponied up the $2 and got on the bus. We stepped inside and the whole inside of the bus had been turned into a "disco" with a disco ball hanging from the ceiling and benches and tables to sit. It was painted black and purple and there was glitter everywhere. There was loud disco music. The driver was a little old 80 year old man. According to their story, the old man and the drag queen worked for some kind of production company and drove around North America filming footage for shows on Animal Planet. They made extra money by picking up people and charging them for rides wherever they were going. Needless to say, we got back to campus safely and had a great story to tell :)

@char245 @Mack2342 Those are crazy stories!!!!

@40momma Woah! Glad that's all that happened and you and your apartment were OK. That's scary!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @40momma your story is scary.  It was probably a meth lab 
  • I've had an exceptionally hard week, between having the second worst period of my life, my cholesterol is still high despite the excellent diet I'm on and exercising and losing 10 lbs. plus inches and whatnot, and my second cousin died suddenly yesterday morning, and DH isn't sure he even wants to try to have kids anymore... it's just been a lot. So, I had a serious talk with my therapist yesterday (seriouser? More serious than normal? Come to Jesus moment? whatever you wanna call it), and we decided that I need to spend some time reducing my stress and bitterness and focus on 'living.' So, I'm going to step back from TTCAL for a bit and try to chill a bit and find some joy in life. I'm taking a bump hiatus, but not sure for how long. It could be a few weeks or a few months... but know that I will be rooting for all of you ladies off-line! 
    Mack2342 You better be the h*ll out of here (in a good way) when I get back!!!!!!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @dpjennifer I hope that a break will be just what you need to set your heart and head where they need to go. You've been through a lot and you have every right to feel how you feel but I am sure being here makes it more difficult to heal. I'll be thinking about you :heart:
  • 2. Status? ~ TWW 8 or 9 dpo. Trying to tell myself in not preg and not SSbut basically failing.

3. R/R:  ~ I slept phenomenally last night. I woke up at 430 am in the EXACT position I fell asleep in around 10. Rant is that I now have a stiff neck from sleeping in that position for so long. 

4.GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? ~ um, my whole HS experience was a crazy event. Quick version - my cousins was a crazy a$$ who may or may not have wanted to kill me. Threatened several times, attempted to strangle me on the school bus, cops got involved. Parents had to sell the house since said cousin was also next door neighbor. Things got a little better after we moved but we stayed in town so I still had to see him in school and around family things (which we stopped going to most for that side).
  • @dpjennifer I will miss you  and your snark on here but I totally understand the needed break.  I hope the break puts you in a good space with whatever decisions you make.  I hope I can get out of here for good reason.  Hugs to you.  
  • Those are some crazy stories!

@dpjennifer I hope your hiatus helps and you find yourself in a better head space soon.  Take care of yourself.

2. Status? Idk, going with 1DPO
    3. R/R: Rant: I'm spotting today, so that's new at 1DPO.  Feeling discouraged. Rave: the weather is finally improving and we're supposed to have a hot summer!
    4.GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? I got mugged at knife point when I was visiting my grandparents in Houston.  These two guys moved construction pylons away from a hole in the road and my grandfather drove right over it and it wrecked the tires so we were stuck by the side of the highway.  The guys came out of trees with a knife and took everything from our belts to our jewellery.  They also took the house keys which was scary because we worried they'd show up at the house.  Not a fun experience!

• @dpjennifer Sorry to hear how rough things are right now. I hope you get what you need in your break and I hope that you can work through all your emotions and come back refreshed. You absolutely deserve some joy in your life right now.
    @char245 Oh my goodness. I am so glad you called 911 first!
    @tosh24 what a wild ride. FX for good betas this week!!
    @prpl11butterfly wow you had to MOVE to get away from your cousin??? That sounds like a pretty intense situation. Also, FX some of that SS is not just in your head .. :) I am doing it too right now.
    @bakerstreetboys I can't imagine how scary getting mugged had to be! Oh my goodness.

2. Status?
    TWW, CD22, 9DPO ... urge to POAS very strong but I'm working through it knowing it's better to wait a few more days at least! SS like crazy. Like my constant need to pee must mean something right? And every tummy twinge...*sigh*

3. R/R: No rant today, just a rave cause I'm in a pretty good mood for this part of my cycle and we have beautiful weather! Got lots of exercise yesterday - 30 minutes of swimming and an hour of yard work meant I slept like a ROCK last night. I've also been really good at getting up and having some "me" time this past week or so and that has made me feel good.

4.GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? Oh man of all the crazy things that happen in life you're asking me for just one? Hmm. What is coming to mind today is when I was 19 I was living with my friend and her fiancee and we had our apartment broken into. Our jewelry (including their wedding rings) was stolen, their fire-safe was also stolen. We immediately suspected the people in the apartment 2 floors above us because they had been knocking on our door and asking to use our phone and get rides and stuff like that. That same day the break in happened, the dude knocked on our door and asked us for $40 to "fix his car" at 10pm (yeah right) but his girlfriend had already warned us to never give him cash. I think he was looking for drug money and also scoping to see if we'd noticed our missing stuff. The cops said when they arrested them, the girlfriend was wearing my friend's wedding ring. Their apartment was full of stolen goods and it turned out they had also been stealing from local churches (over $10k from one church!). It was just crazy. They also had a toddler and an infant. I remember the infant somehow broke is hip at 6 weeks old. Looking back, it was a very sad situation. I was happy to get out of those apartments when our lease was up.
  • char245char245 member
    @dpjennifer I’m sorry to hear this week has been so hard! I hope that your break from this helps you heal and find whatever makes you happy! 
  • Kath525Kath525 member
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): not new. Ttc since 1/17. CP 3/17. NMC 9/17.
    2. Status? CD 3. Woo.
    3. R/R: rave: i have my obgyn appointment today to get things set up for me to head to an RE. FINALLY.
    4.GTKY: What is the craziest thing that has ever happened to you? Ummm I'm having trouble thinking of anything too crazy. I've put out 4 fires. So i guess that's a lot. (Thanksgiving meal caught fire in the oven, 2 lint dryer first-both my patents house, and a bonfire that got out of control). I have 4 fire extinguishers in my house because I'm convinced I'm going to die in a fire.

I'll come back to respond to others later! :)
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited May 2018
    Holy moly. Tons of crazy stuff happening in this thread!

2. WTO, CD13. Expected O CD17!
    3. Rant: I decided to switch to decaf this week, not knowing it would be the WORST possible week for it. When it rains it pours at work, it's only Tuesday and I'm close to drowning. Ugh give me that sweet caffeine back. Rave: I started talking to a new coworker (he's been with the company for a couple months), and we discovered that way back in the day he used to work closely with my FIL and a bunch of my husband's close friends... in ND. We live in WA. Neither of them knew the other had moved out here, and now they're connected again through me. What a crazy coincidence! 
    4. Oh man. @Kath525, I'm convinced I'll die in a fire too: I've been in two school fires, one serious and one minor. The serious one was in art school, on the final day of our degree show install that we had worked towards for four years. A piece of equipment malfunctioned, caught fire and within minutes the whole building was in flames. Thankfully everyone evacuated quickly and no one got hurt, but the building... not so much. It's a heritage protected, famous building (the masterpiece of a famous architect) and several A-list celebrities have donated tons of money to restore it, which is pretty incredible. After the fire (or well, during. It took hours to put out), all of us disheveled art students went to our usual pub, and in all the confusion someone got away with my handbag, holding my computer, ID, money, keys, everything. So I was in a fire where I lost everything, and then robbed for what little I had left on the same day. Super fun!
  • roisisroisis member
    1. Hello there, I'm new to this board (I've been over in tttc for a while). I'm based over in Ireland and have 3 snowbabies ready for implantation from ivf in February
    2. I'm waiting to start FET #1 from this cycle
    3. Rant: AF is TEN DAYS LATE as of today - I am pulling my hair out and pretending to work while searching through sites!! Not even a twinge of a cramp, I'm sooooo incredibly frustrated - I've been waiting for months to get going. Rave: it's sunny I guess :)
    4. Wow - some of your stories are genuinely terrifying! I haven't had anything that crazy happen to me, I've been trying to think of something 'crazy but fun' but I can't come up with a specific thing. All I can think of at the moment is that I have been pooped on three separate times in my life by birds :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• @roisis welcome to the group.  GL with FET! 
  • roisisroisis member
    @Mack2342 Thank you :)
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET October 2018 - BFN

• @roisis Welcome to the board. Good luck with the FET, that's exciting :) 
  • tosh24tosh24 member

@dpjennifer My goodness, you've had a shitty week. I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin. Don't give up on the amazing job you've been doing with your health - the fact that you've lost 10 lbs when dealing with everything else life has thrown at you is crazy awesome. Keep at it and I'm sure your cholesterol level will respond. I totally understand about needing a bump break. You need to take care of you. RPL/IF is such bullshit. All of it. It's unfair that some people have such a load to bear. I hope your break gives you a little breath of fresh air so that you can decide what's best for you and DH with a clear head. I can say without a doubt that all of us TTCAL girls will be thinking of you <3

@purpl11butterfly Holy crap! Was he just a psychopath in general or was it only directed toward you for some reason?

@bakerstreetboys That sounds traumatizing! Glad everyone was OK!

@bethica83 Have you POAS yet or have you defied the urge? ;)

@kath525 How did your OB appointment go?

@grebretso Small world! Hope you're surviving your caffeine withdrawal!

@roisis Hi! Welcome but I'm sorry you have to belong to this group. The ladies here are great. I hope AF shows soon and you can get the show on the road!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Kath525Kath525 member
    @char245 crazy! Glad you didn't go in! 
    @40momma so glad you were all okay!
    @Mack2342 that's all pretty crazy/insane/hilarious
    @tosh24 please let us know! I'm so going for a boring, uneventful, healthy 9 months for you. PGAL brain is no fun though... 
    @dpjennifer what a stressful week. I hope this break is just what you need. This journey is hard enough without outside issues also going on. Take all the time you need. But you'll be missed!
    @prpl11butterfly yikes! Crazy about your cousin! That's a lot of stress for a teenager!
    @bakerstreetboys wow! I'm so glad you weren't hurt. How scary!
    @grebretso oh my! People can be so cruel. Fires are just so scary as it is!
    @roisis welcome to the group. Good luck on your FET!

AFM:
    Dr thinks I'm not ovulating due to steroid usage (for my severe eczema). So I took a lot of labs for that so see what my hormone levels are. I'm off steroids now so I'm hoping ovulation will return if that's the issue. I'll be doing a dye test to check my tubes next cycle if i don't get pregnant this cycle. And then I can make an appointment with the RE. She would like to start me on clomid next cycle with monitoring. I've heard horror stories about doing clomid with OBs so I'm not sure yet. But i know the wait for the RE is going to be long... And she said she'd do monitoring.... And start at a low level just to try to jumpstart my ovaries into ovulating. I keep going back and forth. Especially since I know you can only be on clomid for 6 months. What do you ladies think? Sorry if that's all confusing.
  • @Kath525 That's positive that you may at least have an answer as to why you haven't been ovulating.  It's so frustrating!  Especially if you're on a medication to fix one thing and it screws with another :s

I don't know much about because we're still waiting on follow-up RE appointment, but can you go on and off it?  Try it for a month or two with the OB and then if that doesn't work, wait to go back on it with an RE?

• @Kath525 can you make appt now with RE so it will be on books sooner than later?  I never used clomid but heard it is helpful in getting O going.  I’ve also heard some women don’t respond to it all so some REs just skip it and go to femara.  I had a friend use clomid for a couple of months and it made her very moody and depressed.  That’s really all the info I know about it 
  • AseyCKAseyCK member
    1. Introduce yourself (if new): I am new here after the app I previously used notified me it was shutting down. I have a beautiful little girl who is 2.5 and had no problem conceiving her. However, we've been TTC #2 for almost a year and half and have had 2 miscarriages in a row at 11w5d in April 17 and September 17. I then had a chemical Jan 18, and got a BFP this month (*trigger warning) we believe that this one isn't sticking it out either. I am just in need of some help and support going through all of this. 
    2. Status? We think impending loss but stuck on limbo
  • Kath525Kath525 member
    @bakerstreetboys that might be what I do.
    @Mack2342 unfortunately I have to jump through all the insurance hoops before I can even make an appointment...
    @AseyCK welcome. Sorry you are in limbo. Hoping for the best for you.
  • @kath525 ugh insurance hoops. Does that count as exercise?
    @aseyck Limbo is such a difficult place to be. Sending you love and peace.
  • AseyCKAseyCK member
    Thanks! I lost this little bean yesterday
  • Sorry for your loss @AseyCK
  • @aseyck so sorry for your loss.
  • @aseyck heavy heart for you!
  • roisisroisis member
    @aseyck So sorry to hear, take care of yourself <3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Clomid - no response
    FET October 2018 - BFN