1st Trimester
Options

Any One Else Have This Happen??

So according to my LMP i am 8 weeks and 2 days but baby baby is measuring at 6 weeks with a strong heartbeat, Now i am irregular i do not get my period every 28 days it varies from 31-38 weeks so what the u/s tech is saying is that i may have ovulated late. Im just scared since i did miscarry in september of last year. any advice or similar positive stories?? 

Re: Any One Else Have This Happen??

• Options
    It's entirely possible you ovulate late. Until I started trying to conceive my first son (and was therefore off birth control for the first time in a decade) I was unaware of what an unmedicated cycle looked like. After tracking my temperatures before two pregnancies (three cycles total) I discovered that I ovulate on CD22.
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • Options
    I agree, definitely possible you ovulated late. Personally my LMP is not reliable in determining EDD because my cycles range from 33-49 days off BC. I was even loosely tracking this time around and didn't get my O date right. Unless your doctor seems concerned, I wouldn't worry about it too much since there was a strong heartbeat. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The tech is right - a later ovulation makes a LMP-based due date not all that accurate. And with a cycle that has varied up to 38 days it's definitely likely you ovulated later than average. Strong heartbeat is good and they very well may adjust your EDD based on the u/s rather than using your LMP. As long as the Dr isn't concerned, try not to be too.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    thank you ladies ☺️ 
    i will update this status Monday the 23rd i was just curious to know if anyone else had a similar story 
  • Options
    It is definitely possible you ovulated later. With my son, I went off BC June 5th and ovulated 2 weeks later and became pregnant. I never had a period after stopping my pill, so based off my LMP in May, they thought I was 2 weeks behind at my first ultrasound. However, everything matched up to my O date.
  • Options
    With DD1 I ovulated on cd44 and with DD2 on cd38.  Needless to say had I used LMP to calculate my due date we'd have been WAY off.  So, yes, it's very possible.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40 | SO: 32

DDs: 11, 7.5 |  Due: 22-Dec

We're having another GIRL!!  <3

• Options
    well my appointment did not turn out as expected they were unable to find a heartbeat
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Options
    I’m sorry for your loss.