How are you feeling? 

Rants/raves/questions? 

Any appointments this week? 

GTKY: Who is your hero?

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Friday Ticker Change 4/27

• Options
    Girl @calimom2524 I am so confused cause 4/17 wasn't a Friday and today is definitely 4/27. 

How far along are you/how big is baby?  23 weeks.  Barbie (we'll make that Ken) Doll

How are you feeling?   Mostly fine.  Some lower back pain but I'm good with my Icy Hot.

Rants/raves/questions? Nada

Any appointments this week? Nada

GTKY: Who is your hero?  Oh, I have different people I idolize for different things.  But my Mom is definitely my Mom hero.  That woman worked 2 jobs my entire childhood to make ends meet but then some how managed to be at every single thing for us to the point where people thought she was a SAHM.  She is both bread winner + suzie homemaker - homemade meals on the table every day, sewed our halloween costumes, gardens, and has all those amazing mom skills.  I hope to be half as amazing. 
  • Options
     :D  I fail at making dates. At least you knew what I meant lol

How far along are you/how big is baby? 24 weeks, V DAY! Baby is a cantaloupe according to TB or a package of oreos which seems really weird if you think about a baby looking like that.

How are you feeling? Usually pretty good. My energy is great until like 8pm then I'm just a mom-bie. Also if I sit in the same position for too long my pubic area hurts so bad I can hardly walk. Pregnancy is fun. 

Rants/raves/questions? I started taking DS1 to counseling a few weeks ago and he is already improving so much!!! It's been so awesome having more of the little dude I know and love come back. 

Any appointments this week? I had my 24 week on Monday, my OB told me I'm boring. I'm ok with that. She also told me she's going to give me my epidural then steal my pop pink tieks off my feet. 

GTKY: Who is your hero? It depends on the day. Usually I would say my dad and while he is still my hero, I'm feeling really proud of myself today so I'm going to say me right now. One year ago today I was on the road with my car packed with whatever belongings we could fit and me and the boys were on our way to a new life away from my abusive ex husband. It wasn't planned and it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but here I am one year later and all of our lives are SO MUCH better. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    awe @calimom2524 I love everything about your post!  So glad DS is doing better!  And I'm so proud of how far you've come to call yourself your hero, you absolutely deserve that!  <3
  • Options
    How far along are you/how big is baby? 23 Weeks. A Box of Mac and Cheese.

How are you feeling? I feel alright I suppose. I am having some major carpal tunnel issues though in my right hand. I think I am going to buy a brace this weekend. Oh and Big, as usual! 

Rants/raves/questions? Feeling more and more kicks everyday so that feels awesome. No outside kicks yet though. 

Any appointments this week? Next Thursday I have my monthly ultrasound and Friday a regular OB appointment. I am excited to see LO again and hopefully be able enjoy it this time more than last time. 

GTKY: Who is your hero? Like @livinthesunnylife I have a bunch of people I admire but, my mom is definitely a hero to me. She raised us pretty much alone after my Dad moved out and went without so much so we could have what we needed/wanted. I look back now and think "man how did she do it all?". She had some pretty bad things happen in her life and she is the nicest happiest person I know and would give anyone the shirt off of her back. She was and still is amazing! 

• Options

How far along are you/how big is baby? Currently 25 weeks baby is as big as a head of cauliflower.

How are you feeling?  Feeling good. I am pretty uncomfortable when I sleep! But it's FINALLY starting to get nice in Wisconsin so I went for a walk before bed and that really helped!!

Rants/raves/questions? My biggest rant is just about feeling big! I am 25 weeks but definatley bigger this time around (2nd pregnancy) bending over sucks, sleeping sucks. haha. But it's all worth it!

Any appointments this week? Had an appointment on Wednesday, all is good! baby's heart rate was at 166!

GTKY: Who is your hero? without question my mother! She is so loving and kind.  She runs her own business and works very hard for everything she has! She is the best grandma ever! She helps us out with watching my son a couple days a week so we don't have to pay through the roof in child care, she is just so selfless! Love her very much!

• Options
     @calimom2524 That's so awesome that therapy is helping your son.  I'm so glad you have the ability to access that kind of help.  And you are definitely my hero, too.  You should be so incredibly proud of yourself.

How far along are you/how big is baby? 

24 weeks = viability!  Except the thought of that we could technically have this baby any day now is freakin' terrifying.  I definitely need the next 14 weeks at least.

How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good!  I just ate too much at dinner, followed by ice cream and strawberries, so I'm feeling like I might overflow.  But overall I'm feeling pretty good these days.

Rants/raves/questions? 
    I'm drawing a blank.

I have my next Centering appointment on Tuesday, which I'm guessing will be immediately followed by a glucose tolerance test.  I'm a bit worried that I have GD, but at least it would be an explanation for my extra amniotic fluid.

My first thought at this question was my mom, but then I thought that was boring.  But after reading everyone else's, I'm sticking with it.  She's one of the kindest, smartest, most empathetic people I know, and she's worked her way up in a heavily male-dominated field to be one of the world's experts.  And through it all, she's stayed so grounded, and I know most of my best features are due to how she brought me up.  Her motto is "it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." I try to live by that, too. 

It's really great that we all have such awesome moms.
  • Options
    How far along are you/how big is baby? 

24 weeks- pack of Oreos 

How are you feeling? 

Pretty good besides my lower lower back and hips are starting to kill me by the end of the day

Rants/raves/questions? 

Nothing this week

This coming Tuesday just the monthly stuff nothing special 

i would have to say both of my parents. 
    My mom while pregnant with me/ taking care of me after I was born, worked a full time job, took classes and student taught. She sacrificed a lot while I was growing up and missed pretty much all of mine and my brother’s events. 

My dad because while I was growing up he took on the rule of mom and dad since my mom worked rediculously long hours, he worked full time, got us from school, made sure we were never late to a game or practice, we were fed, uniforms ready and school work was done.