November 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in w/o 4/25

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone-filled craziness that is pregnancy! Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? 

4. Any appointment updates?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): 

GTKY: What is your favorite food?

Re: PGAL Check-in w/o 4/25

• Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 11w3d - past my loss milestones

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Exhausted and nauseous on and off

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I'm doing pretty well. I stopped my progesterone supplements this week, so I'm a little more nervous than I have been but I'm trying to stay positive. Hearing that little heartbeat with the doppler helps! 

4. Any appointment updates? I don't have another appointment for 4 weeks! Waiting not so patiently for my NIPT results from last week

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): This cold is kicking my butt so far. I hope it's short lived so I can work Friday night and take DS to his last kindermusik class of the semester tomorrow. 

ATM there is literally no food that sounds good. Usually I love sweets (chocolate, cake, brownies, ice cream.... yum!)
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @highsteaks If she does have cholestasis, she will likely deliver next week as most Drs don't let patients go past 37 weeks. I know it sounds crazy, but it's good she will only have to deal with it like a week. I had ICP with ds and dxd at 26 weeks, which is crazy early. I delivered at 35 weeks and ds was perfectly healthy and by my 6 week pp check up all my labs were normal. If you have questions about it, don't hesitate to reach out. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 
    10+3, past my milestones

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Better today than in the last 3 weeks. I am hoping this is the beginning of the end of yucky 1st tri symptoms. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?  Anxiety is at a peak right now. It always happens as I await nipt results.  I guess I get to thinking of all the worst case scenarios and I get super stressed. I wish I didn't do this and normally I'm someone who lets worries slide off pretty easily but the wait for nipt results really takes me to unusual territory and it is just awful. I just had my draw on Monday so I have at least another week to go of this. 

4. Any appointment updates? Just my nipt draw on Monday. NST appointment is in 2 weeks. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): My baby is turning one in 4 short days. The year just flew right by. Lots of prep work this week for his party on Sunday.

Wow this is such a hard one. I guess I'll be vague and say that I love Mexican and Italian food the best and so many of their dishes. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @wildrainbow thank you. she said she’s had itching for a month now, but didn’t know about cholestasis until she randomly came across it in her readings. she’s been tested twice since, and she says numbers are still in the normal range but are increasing. she did another test yesterday but thinks the results won’t come back for another week? she was really hoping for a vbac, but this possible diagnosis may now make that impossible. i know there’s not much i can do or say to make anything better for her, but i wish there was.
  • Options
    @highsteaks yeah, bile acids take a week to come back. You can have itching for a long time before an actual dx. I doubt that VBAC will be an option for her since they would have to induce, so she may be doing a RCS. If she does come back positive she has a 60 to 90% chance of getting it subsequent pregnancies. Most women don't have the issues I dealt with, so she should be fine. It will be a week of miserable, itchy hell. 
  • Options
    @wildrainbow i am heartbroken for her. her first delivery was so against her birthplan, and she was holding out hope this one would be more normal (baby has been in the right position, all other things looking good). she is such an awesome person, i want everything to be easy for her for a change.

if i can be selfish for a bit- when i read up a little on it, it says that risk factors for it include having sisters or mom who had it, and carrying multiples. so, there must be a genetic component? are my chances higher for also developing since my cousin may have it and i am also carrying multiples now? what should pregnant women look out for? are there some lifestyle factors i can work on to decrease the risk? sorry i’ll post and run, my dd is just waking up from nap.
  • Options
    @wildrainbow - I hope you aren't getting it again (at all, but especially this early)! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @wildrainbow sorry i didn’t see your personal post until now. i sincerely hope you’re not getting it again, especially this early.
  • Options
    @highsteaks The genetic component is usually among Latin decent. No one in my family had it. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. You shouldn't have to worry. It really is rare. 
  • Options
    So I am facing so me tough milestones this week. I am 9 weeks this week and that is the week I found out our last pregnancy was ending in a missed miscarriage. Also, today we are taking our announcement photos in order to have them back by mother's day for the announcement. This really scares me because we took the last ones early too since we already had a photo shoot planned with my daughter and decided, what the heck, might as well get them done now. 

I hope I am not jinxing myself doing this again. I just want it to be Monday again so that I can see our little tater tot again!
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 10+3. I am past my loss milestone. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?  Feeling good today. I was sick with a cold all last week plus 2 migraines, so I'm pretty excited to just feel normal 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Being sick and having a fever had me worried for baby. 

4. Any appointment updates? I scheduled a 12 week ultrasound on the 11th of May to make sure baby is ok before we annouce.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): a stray cat my parent's care for had kittens. My dad is tempting me with cute kitten pictures trying to get me to take one home. I'm not sure if I can stay strong.

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Pizza!
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years I'm so sorry you've been having a tough time. I wish I had something to say to comfort you, but I know there's really nothing that can provide comfort after having a loss. All of your appointments have been going so well, so I hope that Monday's appointment will bring great news again. I totally understand what you mean about being afraid to jinx it again. With one of my first losses, we had pizza for dinner the night I started heavily bleeding, so I had an irrational fear in my other pregnancies about eating pizza, which is just so ridiculous! Obviously the pizza didn't cause it, but it's hard to not think about those things. I hope your pictures turn out beautifully! 
    @mockingjay1 How are you feeling? I hope your cold went away. How do you/your DS like the kindermusic classes? I've been thinking of signing DD up for some music classes, but haven't done it yet.
    @highsteaks Yes, this thread is for anyone who has experienced losses. How is your cousin? Any update? I hope you've been feeling better the past few days.
    @ginny_203 Sounds like a delicious dinner, and I can barely stomach Italian food these days!
    @vrj0522 What are your plans for your son's birthday party? I hope you're still feeling better.
    @wildrainbow Did you get results back yet from your testing? I really hope you get good results.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 14 weeks today. I passed all my milestones.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Good, besides the exhaustion. Food doesn't sound that great to me lately, which is unfortunate because I love to eat! 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Mostly pretty good, but I've had some off and on very very minor, light pink spotting the past 2 weeks or so. It only happens once every several days, and I'm pretty sure it's just the remnants of my SCH bleeding out. I haven't had any cramping, so I know that everything is okay, but seeing even a tiny bit of spotting is scary! 

4. Any appointment updates? No, my next appointment is not until May 11th.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Rave: Next weekend we're heading to Montana to see my sister, her husband, and her kids. I can't wait! My sister hasn't seen my daughter for about 2 years, so it's going to be such a great trip. I can't wait. 

GTKY: What is your favorite food? Hmm. This is hard to think about today. Usually the answer would be French toast! I also like @highsteaks answer--a big brownie sundae! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland no updates about my cousin; i think she still has a couple more days until she gets the results from her last draw. 

hope the spotting stops soon and enjoy your trip!
  • Options
    @offtoneverland - I’m feeling much better than on Wednesday, thank you for asking! I think the cold turned into a sinus infection which isn’t uncommon for me so hoping I can fight it off on my own and it doesn’t turn bacterial. We love kindermusik! We started going when DS was 1.5 and have no plans to stop. 
    i hope you guys have fun on your trip! I hope the spotting stops because even though you know the reason I’m sure it’s still a little scary. And wow 14 weeks!!!!! Hello second tri for you!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @offtoneverland bile acids take a week, so I'm hoping to hear back this week. It's ridiculous the places I'm itching. My nose, in between my toes, even my whole face itches, it's so freaking dumb.