Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: UO Thursday 4/26

• Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited April 2018
    I think 3D ultrasounds are creepy looking.
    So much yes!! Although I did think it was pretty cool to learn my dude looks identical to his dad through it. I was still weirded out. Especially when he kept covering his face so she just took his arms out!! Then he looked creepy and armless!!!
    nws
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Melissa and Doug toys are junk and I don’t get the hype.
  • Options
    I love the tradition of the Royal family presenting their baby to the media. I think it is so special and is such a happy headline. I also dislike that people are giving Kate a hard time for looking so put together. Yes, labor is hard, but some of the memes going around are ridiculous for what you look like after a normal, vaginal birth. I totally understand people being confused by her appearance and ability to move if they had a hard labor or c-section, but after both my kids, I would have paid money to be able to get out of the hospital in such a short period of time. I begged my doctor to release me early after my second because I hate hospitals so much.
    So much this!! It’s really not impossible, even if it’s not everyone’s experience. Especially after my second - I had a 1.5 hour, easy labor and a small baby with no complications - I was up, showered, dressed, make up on, walking around and asked when I could go home within hours, also (but had to stay for the required 24 hours). It’s not unheard of. I also wouldn’t have wanted to have to have my picture taken for the world, haha, but...that is what it is when you’re part of the royal family, so  and what choice did she really have?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I love the royals too - I feel like they use their celebrity for good. While I did not look Camera ready the same day I gave birth, I was up and walking around immediately. I am mainly just jealous of Kate’s superhuman good looks, and I feel sorta bad for her that she’s expected to look fabulous at all times. I mean, you know she woulda gotten much more flack if she rolled out in sweats and her hair unwashed and in a messy bun. 

• Options
    @highsteaks oy! I love Melissa and Doug toys! I did preschool speech and language therapy and their stuff was great for language stimulation and all the kids loved them. They're so durable they survived what imagine would be hell for a toy lol. That being said, I've found the quality of the products have declined since I started buying them. 
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    I hate when people post the ultrasounds online of their unborn child's genitals. You can just tell me it's a boy/girl, I'll believe you.

As my companion unpopular opinion to that unpopular opinion, I absolutely detest naked newborn photos. I just find the thought of photographing my kid naked and then handing that photo to someone a bit unsettling...
  • Options
    cm716cm716 member
    @wannaflickone I'm so with you on the hating hospitals! I always have to wait extra since I am Rh negative. They have to type my baby's Cord Blood before they can release me. But it's my secret dream every time I have a baby that there will be too many babies born and then I'll get to go home super early.
  • Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited April 2018
    @phoenix870509 when I started my baby wearing journey I thought the same thing. Then my husband liked wearing too and I hated moving the straps so we got two. Some prints are so cute though and sometimes you just find a great deal. I have 5 ssc because i don’t like ring slings or wraps. One in each car so there goes 3, one at home and then I bought the coast mesh for the hot summers when we’d sweat so much, I have a carrier wherever I am now and one perfect for summer so it works awesome for us. I don’t buy the fancy wrap conversions though, I don’t like spending more than 100 lol and some girls do go wayyyyyyy too crazy. I see stash shots and think holy crap that could’ve bought me a car lol But I definitely use all 5 of mine, at least one every single day.
    nws
  • Options
    Did anyone else see the couple who walked out before Kate and William and was surprised by seeing the media? I would have died if I walked out and was mistaken for the Royals. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @mrsdrez all the m&d stuff we have, we’ve purchased/received in the last 3 years, so that may be just quality difference since they’ve got a larger distribution now. the wooden stuff has splintered, paint chips off easily, has deep scratches and marks from typical play. the latest cube puzzle we recieved has paper that’s been glued to the surface instead of paint, and the paper immediately started seperating from the cube. the other brands of wooden toys (and even plastic) that we have seem to be made from harder wood and do not look nearly as beat up. i will say thanks to m&d for progressively changing the toy market for the better, though.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone looks good with blunt bangs. At the very least if they look ok, I think they look much better without. 

It seems to be more of a UO not be interested in the royals. I have no doubt they are nice people, but they're just normal people born into their situation. At least actors/singers/etc earned their fame (usually). I'm not really interested in any celebrity's life though.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @wildrainbow YES to hating baby showers.  I don't get the hype around them.  I'm glad to attend if that's your thing but I really don't get it.

Did anyone see Prince William at the Anzus church ceremony this morning?  He was nodding off right up front.  It's nice to see that despite the help I'm sure they have, they're still not impervious to the sleep deprivation that is newborns.  
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 I have blunt bangs and love them! It took me a few days to get used to and they've grown too long since I have no time, but I plan on trimming them next week. They make me look 5 years younger and thin out my face. I look fine without, but I am in love with them.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    @mockingjay1 +1 to having zero interest in the royals lives (or other celebrities).  Totally don't get the hype.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    I just had to google what blunt bangs are.