July 2018 Moms

FFFC 4/27

What's your deepest darkest confessions today, ladies?!

Image result for pants on fire
Met: 1/21/2005
Married: 6/27/2008
DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
M/C 6/2012
DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
M/C 12/12/2016
BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FFFC 4/27

• Loading the player...
  • @wildtot that is the best way to eat it!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @wildtot @lindsayleigh1989 have you had the chocolate hazelnut Oreos? So good. 
  • @SmashJam didn’t know there was such a thing!
  • I don't like Nutella!

@lindsayleigh1989 ugh what kind of cheese?!  That sounds awful.

We have my daughter's dance recital tomorrow and while I'm super excited for her to dance, I'm so stressed about getting in and getting good seats. Plus, I'm a terrible girl mom and SUCK at doing her hair.  My other mom friends with daughters rock at it... even one that has only boys rocks at it.  Hers will be so basic, I feel bad.  DH has to work in the morning so he can't even go over early to wait in line to get us good seats (like my parents did last year) so I'll either have to get her and our son done early so we can go stand in line (hopefully it won't be humid and/or rainy to ruin her hair and/or make up) or convince my MIL to get here early.  My parents are not coming this year which is a whole other point of contention.

Sigh.
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• I don't like Nutella!

@lindsayleigh1989 ugh what kind of cheese?!  That sounds awful.

We have my daughter's dance recital tomorrow and while I'm super excited for her to dance, I'm so stressed about getting in and getting good seats. Plus, I'm a terrible girl mom and SUCK at doing her hair.  My other mom friends with daughters rock at it... even one that has only boys rocks at it.  Hers will be so basic, I feel bad.  DH has to work in the morning so he can't even go over early to wait in line to get us good seats (like my parents did last year) so I'll either have to get her and our son done early so we can go stand in line (hopefully it won't be humid and/or rainy to ruin her hair and/or make up) or convince my MIL to get here early.  My parents are not coming this year which is a whole other point of contention.

Sigh.
    It’s okay- I suck at it to! And even if I was good my DD doesn’t have enough hair to even do anything with. To make up for it I took her to get her makeup done since I can’t do that either. 
  • @elizabethrn87 she looks beautiful <3
    @gingerbride26 I'm a total girlie girl and was involved with dance and cheer myself, but with this day and age I feel like everyone is always trying to one-up and do something more spectacular than the next mom, and I just don't play that game.  Whatever happened to the plain ol' bun?
    M/C 6/2012
    M/C 12/12/2016

• edited April 2018
    @WorkinWeezel My mom is not so good either with doing hair, when I was in dance she bought these weird like fake hair ponytail things that made it look like my hair was in perfect ringlets and she'd just pull my hair into a tight bun and then cover it with the curls and use about a thousand bobby pins and a can of hairspray and hope for the best lol

ETA: Basically this https://www.paulayoung.com/product/wispy-curls-clip-on-hairpiece-by-paula-young®.do?gclid=CjwKCAjwlIvXBRBjEiwATWAQIoYVYeVa42lVmweWM0WE1EL8UBA5C-KWC085q0kDv5sfxUSkBpi2gBoCTtQQAvD_BwE
  • @elizabethrn87 she looks so cute!! My DD has a recital in June! I didn’t even think about doing her hair, but pulling it up into a ponytail is hard enough every week for class lol. So much silky fine hair. It’s impossible. 

@lindsayleigh1989 I hope you feel better! 

Im not sure my confession is actually a confession. It’s probably more of a bitch, but maybe I’ll give you two as a consolation

#1 I went to the dentist today for the first time in probably 10 years. (I guess that is a confession. It’s been a LONG time!) Found out one of my teeth need a root canal and crown. Also found out my insurance doesn’t cover root canals so I either get to spend $2k to fix my tooth or get it pulled. I almost cried. I don’t want to do either of those things. 

#2 I was examining my hair before I got in the shower last night. It looks like there’s some nice new growth coming in. Guess what color it is. It’s GRAY! all of it! I’m 27 years old. I’m wayyy to young to have as much gray hair as I do. 
  • @hillbillywife having a baby is a "life changing event" in terms of insurance - can you just hold off the 2-3 months and up your dental to the next level that covers corrective work? then go back down at annual enrollment in the fall for next year? Loopholes baby, loopholes!

@WorkinWeezel i hear that...i'm guilty of it too but in that i compete with MYSELF not other moms...damn you pinterest...  I was a girly girl but only in interests/style not so much in personality.  I can't stand the drama and mental games and fakeness that can happen in gaggles of sterotypical girls.  I was in a sorority in college, but the girls knew when I got over-girl'ed I'd just hibernate in my apartment for a weekend and they'd let me be.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hillbillywife I have heard almost 100% that you should pull a tooth and not root canal. Unless its a really important tooth and then you would need an implant, but I dunno how much those cost. I paid $400 out of pocket ( a little less) to have a tooth pulled to avoid a root canal, because I have heard most people will have the root canal and then just have to get it pulled later anyway. Just my two cents!
  • @WorkinWeezel I can totally sympathize! I suck at doing DDs hair too.  About half the days I forget to even brush it before dropping her off at daycare.  Oh well!  Luckily she has a teacher at schools that loves to play with her hair and does cute braids, etc.  the other day for the first time in forever we were early getting ready and I asked her if she wanted me to put her hair in pigtails.  She said “no only ms (teacher) does my hair!”   :D
  • My FFFC, I found out today that a kid in DDs class was sent home for lice.  DH completely freaked out.  I looked over her head and saw nothing but dandruff.  DH was not convinced to say the least.  I told him to calm down.  I did proactively wash her sheets, towels, clothes etc. but I’m just not worried about it.  God I hope she doesn’t end up with it though.  Partly because it would suck, and partly because I’ll never hear the end of it from DH. 
  • @zande2016 Amen!  I can’t stand that either.  Why for the love of God do people spend 20 minutes reading vaccinessuck.com or some other BS website and then they think they’re suddenly more knowledgeable and qualified than doctors who have spent their entire adult lives studying the human body.  It’s ridiculous.  Quit playing Russian Roulette with your kids life and vaccinate your damn kid.
  • @zande2016 i agree with you but i usually try to avoid the argument. I unfriended an old coworker because she kept pushing her anti-vaxing comments on everyone. To me at the end i would rather deal with the challenges of another sickness than having my child die for something i could have prevented. But to each their own on how they decide to raise their child and how to get them treated. I just hope they never have to face preventable challenges. 
  • @zande2016 preach! nothing makes me quite as ragey as an antivaxer. I am consistently battling a girl on the WTE app for spreading fear mongering bullSh*t to FTM's ugh make your own stupid choice but don't scare uneducated moms into believing your nonsense! 

• I just ate a large cookie dough blizzard... I only feel a little ashamed haha

• My confession: I don't miss alcohol in the least. I do however want to drink a gallon of Diet Coke every day, but I don't give in. 
  • @smashjam I’ve seen some argue for the drops over doing an injection of vitamin k. I just don’t see what the big deal is, you’re agreeing they need it but you have to control how it’s administered? And it’s not even a vaccine, it’s a vitamin! My state is really hard to get around the vitamin k and eye drops, they basically have to call cps if you refuse. Refusing antibiotics for strep b is just insane. That could potentially cause Your baby to be hospitalized or in the NICU for weeks or even kill them. Fine, go back 200 years when we didn’t have antibiotics and vaccines and see how you like it, when people died of diseases and infections constantly and many kids didn’t make it to adulthood. But, you know at least people were more natural back then, so there’s that. 
  • So we aren’t suppose to be on he internet or our phones while at work. Tonight is my first night shift and I just dont see how that is possible! All the other employees were all night so I did to. Hopefully I don’t get in trouble. And trying to come up with random things to look at online is rather hard actually
  • @zande2016 when DS was born i was asking to sign a paper about the eye ointment because it was recommended. My understanding is that it’s most important for vaginal deliveries. We still got it despite the c second. As for the vitamin, hey it’s just vitamins why deny it?!
  • hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited April 2018
    @SmashJam @zande2016 I have a friend who had a baby in February (very natural birth at home) and didn’t give her baby vitamin K after birth and he is having very serious very real issues because of it. He currently has a permanent shunt in his brain to keep the fluid off. 

I feel like a lot of people who are anti vax think that the people who make them don’t have the best intentions. Seriously why would annnyyyoooneee want to put children in harms way? Why would they purposely create something designed to protect them that hurts them? Crazy to me. 

(Vitamin K is obviously a little different, but along the same lines- why would you not listen to the health care professionals around you? They don’t want to hurt your baby they want him/her to be alive almost as much as you do.) 

ETA: @gingerbride26 I don’t think I can do that since we have state insurance. Boo. I could probably do like a care credit or something like that, but we’re pretty against credit accounts and often the interest doesn’t make it worth it. We’ll see I guess.. @SmashJam good to know. I’ve heard that root canals are a really miserable procedure. I guess it kind of makes sense that it won’t last long term. 
  • @wildtot I didn’t know that about the eye ointment being most important for vaginal deliveries. I guess that makes sense though. I’ve read some things about it making the baby’s vision blurry for a couple days...but how would we really know that? The baby can’t tell us. Some animals are born blind for a few days and they survive. 
  • @hillbillywife yeah the vitamin k thing is so crazy to me. From what I read, once we figured out how important it is, infant survival rates went up. That’s so sad about your friend’s baby. 
  • @zande2016 babies already have blurry vision when born. Like you literally have to be in their face to see something and it progressively gets better month over month. 
    Anti-vaxers talk about this whole big pharma brainwash but really if your that concerned then they shouldn’t even part take in any medication OTC or prescription. I’m all for natural but that has its limitations. That’s a whole other can of worms. 
  • Ok I have 2:

the firsr one one I know makes me sound uppity but I’m really not. We met with the local cleft surgeon this week. She is very nice and it’s the only children’s hospital south of San Antonio. But the way she described how they do things, it’s not a true team in any sense of the word. When I asked about the financial aspect and approximately how much each surgery would cost (before insurance) she says, “I don’t know. Almost all my patients are on Medicaid so cost isn’t a factor in our discussions.”  My brain automatically translated that to “anyone who *can* afford to go elsewhere does”... horrible I know. I feel bad just thinking it. 

2: I’m really upset with a friend of mine right now. She (Friend B), another friend (Friend A), and my mom are all super close. Her husband was deployed right after our hurricane and I was constantly helping her with things and trying to make sure she was ok. Then my grandmother’s health took a turn for the worse. She was in and out of icu/hospitals and I practically lived at the hospital. I found out I was pregnant while going back and forth between work, hospital, and home for sleep. My husband was telling me to stop going to the hospital because it was so stressful. Grandma came out on hospice and I would try to spend the weekends at my parents to help them with her (she would wander the house and do very crazy things. And was always falling because she refused to use her walker). She eventually passed in January. I’ve been hearing from Friend A and I were talking and I mentioned how anytime I see Friend B, she doesn’t say anything to me, except “bye” as she is leaving. My SIL is also pregnant. At her son’s birthday, Friend B ran up to her, grabbed the belly and just all happy. She is like this with SIL allll the time...but doesn’t say anything to me or ask how things are going (even after my mom told her the baby is gonna be cleft affected), and just acts like I don’t exist. Friend A also told me that Friend B has mentioned that I rely on my parents too much and she doesn’t like it (because I don’t cause a scene when we eat out together as I know arguing with my parents over who pays is a no win situation). She conveniently forgets everything I’ve done these past several months and doesn’t know that I’ve taken my parents out to eat and paid as well or brought food home for them or clean up their house as well especially since my dad has been having health issues. I’m just really hurt and frustrated but don’t feel like I can address it because my mom and her are both hosting my baby shower at her house. I don’t like drama so try to avoid it at all costs. But I really wanna smack her sometimes
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited April 2018
    Catching up.. I had no idea vitamin k was so important! And give me all the vaccines, at whatever interval is most effective.  

On that topic though.. I don’t typically watch cable, but I have Hulu and I’ve been getting these gardasil ads non stop. They’re practically guilting parents into getting the shots to prevent cancer. Nothing against the vaccine.. I got it as a kid and my family has a history of cervical cancer so I’m glad I did, but something about the ads rub me the wrong way. Maybe it’s the hormones, but I don’t like the idea of scaring parents into vaccinating. 

@zande2016 +1 for drinking too much coffee... I was doing so good on a cup a day but it’s just not cutting it these days. 

I also still drink Vanilla Coke Zero from time to time. I know I shouldn’t, I stopped drinking soda so long ago! But the bubbles and the fake sugar and vanilla just wrap themselves around my soul in a way seltzer just can’t. 

@angleyeskkhr to #1, I always thought it was pretty normal for doctors to not know the cost of surgeries up front with the way our insurance systems work. To #2, I could have read this wrong but have you talked to her at all about how you’re feeling or the way she’s been acting? It might be worth while to bring up the fact that you’ve been feeling some distance/tension and ask if there’s any reason for it, it could just be a misunderstanding after all. 

• @acunamatada yeah some of the commercials these days are pretty guilt tripping, not a fan either! I usually don’t drink dark soda but lately I’ve had about a cup a day. I’ll consider it my allowed caffeine intake since i don’t do coffee. 
  • We know someone whose child has a nut allergy everyone has to bend over backwards for but didn’t vaccinate...I seriously can’t even with that. 

Antivaxxers make me ragey, I have very strong opinions about it and have shamelessly deleted Facebook friends without regret or second thought. Its not a parenting choice it’s straight ignorant. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @acunamatada I still drink sprite zero somewhat often. And in the summer I am a little worse about it because we eat out a bit more often and I love soda so much more than regular water. 

Also the gardasil vaccine commercials bother me too, especially the one with the boy that's like, "I have cancer from HPV. I didn't know there was a vaccine that could have prevented that. PARENTS DID YOU KNOW?" Because last time I checked there are 60 some odd strains and the vaccine protects against, like, 6 (I don't know if those numebrs are still true, but that is what it used to be). I don't have the vaccine because my insurance wouldn't cover it (came out when I was like, right out of college or at the end so it was pretty new and I couldn't afford it out of pocket before I aged out of it being useful) and having to see an ad that tells me everyone ELSE is going to be safe from cancer, but I'm not because my insurance wouldn't cover it, makes me a whole different kind of ragey, especially because all sorts of people paid for their kids to have it and they still have a chance of getting cervical cancer. 
  • @acunamatada well she *also* said she’d have the financial department give me a call (hasn’t happened) and have the Ortho give me a call (also hasn’t happened). I scheduled an interview with a team in Houston and from what I’ve read/heard, they have a financial person in the meeting as well as the entire actual team. They do their clinics on mondays as a team and the one here, it just doesn’t seem as proactive. 

As for the friend, I’ve been assuming I pregnant and hormonal, honestly. But she did call today and tell me happy bday and invite me over for dinner. So hopefully I am being hormonal and paranoid. Lol