November 2018 Moms

Calling all military wives/girlfriends!

mamachameleonmamachameleon member
edited April 2018 in November 2018 Moms
My BF is in the army and gone frequently. Makes me wonder is he going to get to see his child be born? Thought we could use a meeting place! Questions, concerns, rants, about being a military wife/ girlfriend, post them here!

Re: Calling all military wives/girlfriends!

• mamachameleonmamachameleon member
    edited April 2018
  • @horsecrazy406mama just edit it to turn this one into a GTKY or a gif party or something

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm an Air Force Veteran and wife of 11 years. My husband missed the entire pregnancy  of my second but was home for the delivery... and left again for 6 months 10 days after she was born. Feel free to PM me about your concerns. It's tough to go it alone but possible. 

I like this thread... I say keep it as is. More military wives/GF may pop in as time goes on. 

Do you have any specific concerns for now that I can help with?
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Why was this going to be switched to a gif party? I must've missed something.

Army Ranger wife here! With my first pregnancy, my husband was in and out for training, but not deployed. He got to see DS's birth, but he did, however, deploy when our son was a month old to the day. This time around, he'll be deployed for five months of the pregnancy, but will thankfully be home for the birth. They're usually pretty accommodating in his unit about births, so sometimes guys even get sent home early from their deployments. 

It's a bummer having him miss so much, but we've been living life this way for our entire marriage (working on 9 years). It's our norm, but it definitely took some getting used to.

He recently deployed in the midst of my terrible morning sickness, so I was left to wrangle our wild toddler alone and feeling like crap constantly! Yikes!

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to give you answers!
  • @lachnessmomster OP's phone glitched and initially posted as a duplicate to the Monday ticker thread so I suggested a gif party or something.  But this is better :) 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts Oooh! Got ya! I was trying so hard to figure out what happened!  :D
  • Navy wife here. DH was underway for pre-deployment trials for 28 days out of March, April and was supposed to be for may as well (DD's birth month) but we got super lucky. She was due may 20 and the day before DH left for his may underway he came to my ob appt where my ob discussed my urine collection results and my bp due to pre-eclampsia and told me it was time to induce. DH called his command and they allowed him to stay home from the may underway to be there for the delivery. She was born may 4 and he deployed for 6 months end of June. He got 5 months home with us and has been gone again ever since (we've had two visits, he came home for 4 days in August and 11 days in February, hence the pregnancy). He's supposed to be gone until January 2020 and we've been told it's a long shot he will be here to visit anytime around when this baby is born due to movement schedules (he's in another country). It's scary initially doing all of this on your own, but truly you get into the groove of being a "single parent" and then when your spouse gets home you both go through adjustment periods and get back into the groove of not doing it by yourself. 
  • So happy to see a few other military wives on here :) We've got a range of the branches too! We should do a monthly check in just to make sure everyone is doing okay. We all know fast our guys can go from being here  with us to not...as it gets closer we can share tips on how to parent alone or helping kids through deployments. My seven year old has been through a few,  so I'm always here to help or give advice! 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @josie12367 that's a great idea!
  • Agreed, I'm definitely on board with monthly check ins!