October 2018 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday 4/20

What did you do this week to stay fit?

What is one exercise that you did prepregnancy that you have had to give up?

Any good healthy recipes to share this week?
Me:29 DH:30
Married:10/2012
TTC #1: 12/2017

Re: Fit Mom Friday 4/20

• Options
    What did you do this week to stay fit? Orange theory 2x, 5k run once and have another 5k tomorrow. 

What is one exercise that you did prepregnancy that you have had to give up? Heavy lifting. Spartan races. Sit ups.

Any good healthy recipes to share this week? Love this. I skipped mushrooms and added carrots. Had it with dinner last night and then with an egg this morning. 
    https://goodcheapeats.com/2015/08/zucchini-and-sweet-potato-hash/

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What did you do this week to stay fit? I didn’t meet my goal of 4 days this week, but I did 3. 2 days of spinning and one day of light weights.

What is one exercise that you did prepregnancy that you have had to give up? Heavy weight lifting. I didn’t lift super heavy, but definitely quite a bit heavier than now.

Any good healthy recipes to share this week? I didn’t really cook this week, I bought a roasted chicken and just made a couple of simple sides. I did make some roasted Brussels sprouts which are really easy:
    I set the oven to 375, wash and quarter my Brussels and then drizzle them with olive oil. I add some salt, pepper and garlic powder and then some sliced red onions for a little extra flavor. I roast them for 15 minutes then take them out and stir them. I also drizzle them with a little balsamic vinegar and pop them back in for another 10 to 15 minutes (I like them really crispy).

@Laumb11 Can you still do sit-ups if you aren’t laying flat on your back, such as doing them on a ball? I’ve also been trying to do standing leg lifts or standing side crunches so I’m still getting a little bit of an ab workout in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @spartan4life, Yes I am doing planks, side planks with dips, using a bosu but just regular sit ups, and v-ups, and sprinter sit ups. I avoid those. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Laumb11 that sounds tasty! I’ll have to give that a try this week

one long run and 3 Pilates classes so far - anticapting another run this weekend

Norhing so far, though some aerial moves are now off limits 

I’ve been loving these for quick mid morning snacks: https://www.melskitchencafe.com/best-energy-bites-recipe/
  • Options
    Dang you guys are getting it!! 

I’ve been doing bodystep twice a week, and I have a job where I’m on my feet most of the day (I say this is good so I feel less lazy).

Last week I was so tired I just walked home from work (took an hour) but the next day my feet and leg bones were sore due to what I think was bad shoes  :(

I’ve stopped yoga during the pregnancy but thinking of going back and just telling the instructor to just please let me know when I should do something differently. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    rc-colarc-cola member
    edited April 2018

This week I was motivated by how quickly I’ve been gaining weight. Ran 5 miles 3 days, swam once, rock climbed once, today I’m going to prenatal yoga.

Im only climbing easy routes where there is no risk of falling. Still s good work out, just less technically challenging.

We started doing blue apron again (vegetarian) and we made this on Friday. Delicious and good proteins! https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/roasted-chickpea-freekeh-salad-with-lemon-labneh-harissa-glazed-carrots
  • Options
    The fella is suddenly feeling more motivated than usual to start working out again. We were doing fairly well in the fall, but then I spent most of the month of January traveling, then got pregnant, and we fell off the wagon. So yesterday, when he suggested going to the gym, I gave in and agreed. It wasn't the most fun I've ever had in my life, but I was able to walk on the treadmill for about 30 mins, and then we did a little bit of light weights together.

I was just glad that I didn't overdo things. Although I was tired, after a rest at home, I was still feeling good enough to walk to my favourite taco place for dinner.

Our gym is kinda gross overall, so I'm squicked out by using the locker rooms and pool, but the idea of a swim workout is appealing right now. Not sure if it's worth looking for another facility or not. We picked this gym because it's reasonably cheap, super close to home, and there's a location close to fella's work, but he has never used that one.
  • Options
    I have a question about exercising and this seems like a good thread to post it on. So I used to be a daily bike commuter but took a hiatus bc I was just too dang tired 1st tri. Now I’m 16 weeks along and my energy is coming back, so I went biking for the first time in a long while. It felt SO WEIRD. Like I could feel my organs moving around with every pedal rotation. It wasn’t painful or anything, I’m just not used to feeling what I assume was my uterus shifting. Or was it the baby moving?? I have no idea. Do you all feel weird internal sliding sensations when you exercise?
  • Options
    @melopoly When I run or jump rope, it's super uncomfortable because I feel like everything is slamming down on my bladder and I always feel like I have to pee really bad.
  • Options
    @melopoly I’m currently 13w4d and I have started to feel this a little, especially when spinning (indoor stationary, i haven’t hiked outside yet, still too cold here!) but it isn’t uncomfortable. I would check with your doctor at your next appointment if you’re concerned, but I would think as long as it’s not pain or uncomfortable it should be ok.
  • Options
    @melopoly
    I    just did spin today and was ok.. Sometimes when I    am running I    feel some pressure so I    ease up a little. I    am 17w tomorrow and have felt my best these past 2-3 weeks.

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Guys! My migraines are finally coming way less often so I feel well enough to work out again! 

What did you do this week to stay fit? I started Beach Body's 21 Day Fix. I officially will begin the 21 Day Fix challenge program with my accountability group and my coach on April 30th, but I need a jump start! 

What is one exercise that you did prepregnancy that you have had to give up? I was in the middle of the 80 Day Obsession and I had to stop. I was bummed, but excited to be expecting another baby so that made up for it! 

My go-to filling and healthy breakfast is oatmeal with a little bit of natural peanut butter mixed in. Keeps me full until about 11am when I am ready for lunch -- I teach second grade so my eating schedule is earlier than most!
  • Options
    @melopoly I definitely feel the pressure in bladder when I’m running now. I take it really slow and stop as much as I need to. 

My midwife said said the biggest risk in running is falling because our ligaments are looser. So the advice is generally go slow and be more careful but you can do it.
  • Options
    So I do CrossFit, and I feel like I can still most things (except ab type stuff, and let's be honest, I couldn't do a push up anyway), but holy crap I'm struggling with plain ol' squats. I'm normally an "ass to grass" kinda squatter so everything feels super loose and weird when I go low and I've really had to back off the weight and try to stay just at parallel. Anyone else struggling with squats?