September 2018 Moms

2nd Week of September EDD | April Check-In

If you are due between September 8th and September 14th, then this monthly check-in is for you! Please feel free to update us at any time ongoing throughout the month so that we can get to know each other better. ❤

EDD:
Team Blue/Pink/Green:
FTM/STM:
Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):
Any recent/upcoming appointments?
How are you feeling? / Symptoms:
Questions?

GTKY: How did you / will you plan to announce?  How did it go?

NBR: Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are a few things on it?

Re: 2nd Week of September EDD | April Check-In

• Thanks for starting this @BusinessWife

EDD: Sept. 8

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

FTM/STM: FTM

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): N/A

We have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning. I'm so excited!!!

Good! I mostly feel normal lately (knock on wood!) except I have this belly now. People have been telling me that I look good and that pregnancy "suits me," whatever that means. I'll take it!

Questions? Nope

We've slowly been telling everyone. We have been telling everyone either in person or video call. I've also told almost all of my coworkers. Everyone has been very happy and excited for us. It's fun to see people's reactions. 

I had a 30 things to do by 30 list, which I mostly accomplished. Maybe I should do another one for 40! It would mostly be travel-related. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• EDD: 9/12
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: DH loves being team green, I tolerate it
    FTM/STM: STM DD will be 2 in May
    Any recent/upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan scheduled for 4/25!
    How are you feeling? / Symptoms: This pregnancy has drained my energy even more than the first one did and I'm fairly certain I was in better shape starting this one. Saturday I went wedding dress shopping with my friend and had a really good time, but Sunday I was pretty useless.

Questions? I get dizzy when I stand up pretty consistently. I know this is a "normal symptom" but has anyone found anything that helps? I feel like I eat/drink enough and I'm not sure what else to try.

GTKY: How did you / will you plan to announce?  How did it go? we are super low key this time around (no reason) and I'm not sure all of my extended family knows. We've told immediate family, close friends, and coworkers. I guess I will find out if my aunt knows when I see her in May :)

NBR: Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are a few things on it? I would love to take a fan-boat ride through the everglades.

• Loading the player...
  • EDD: 9/14
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: finding our soon!
  • lilidubslilidubs member
    edited April 2018
    Cont.
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): so far so good!
    Any recent/upcoming appointments? We have an app tmrw and then we'll get a referral to do the anatomy scan! My hubs will get to hear the heartbeat tmrw since he couldn't make the last app
  • edited April 2018
    EDD: September 10

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Finding out next Wednesday!

FTM/STM: STM, 5 yo DD

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): N/A

Any recent/upcoming appointments? 4/18 for anatomy scan!

How are you feeling? / Symptoms: I'm feeling OK. My digestion has been off the last week, so I'm adding more fiber into my diet and hoping that will help. Also starting to experience sciatic pain in my right leg when I stand for long periods of time. I experienced this with my first and it was awful. Felt baby's kicks on the outside last night and can't wait for MH and DD to feel it, too!

Questions? We're trying to decide on a fun way to tell DD baby is a boy/girl next week after my a/s. Suggestions welcome! 

GTKY: How did you / will you plan to announce?  How did it go? We shared with family and close friends nearing the end of my first trimester, and they have all been super excited for us. We announced on social media at 14 weeks.

NBR: Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are a few things on it? Yes! It's mostly travel-related, with top countries to visit being Italy and Ireland, as well as completing my Doctorate some day, serving on a nonprofit board for a charity I'm passionate about and having another baby <3

ETA: @EErin86 Does it help if you stand up slowly? One of my apps said today that blood pressure tends to lower around this time in pregnancy so that may be contributing to it. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• natalie115natalie115 member
    edited April 2018
    EDD: 9/9/2018
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink
    FTM/STM: 3rd pregnancy, first one as a surrogate
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): I had GD with my last pregnancy so at a higher risk for that and a higher risk for pre-e due to the IVF/surro 
    Any recent/upcoming appointments?; Baby's dads fly in next Monday and we have an OB appt and anatomy scan while they're here
    How are you feeling? / Symptoms: feeling huge already, but finally getting some energy back
    Questions? nope

GTKY: How did you / will you plan to announce?  How did it go? Most of our immediate family knew when I went to have the transfer. I made a blog post and shared it on FB after our 10 week ultrasound

NBR: Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are a few things on it? most of by bucket list is travel destinations. African safari, Croatia, Iceland, Japan....basically everywhere LOL

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• @southernlady07 could you get DD a boy/girl baby doll to practice being an older sibling with? 

Yeah standing up slowly is usually what I do, lol unless I need to stop DD or the dog from doing something quickly and I forget.
  • EDD: Sept 9 by last menstrual cycle, Sept 20 by fundal height so sometime in Sept,
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: A/S is the end of this month but not sure if I'll share on here
    FTM/STM: 4th time Mom
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): AMA (no concerns at this pt) and fundal height a week off (but I seem to be the only one trying not to worry about that)
    Any recent/upcoming appointments? Last week and we got to hear a happy heartbeat
    How are you feeling? / Symptoms:  Pretty good.  I have an off and on sore hip.  Also, feeling baby move
    Questions? Not really

GTKY: How did you / will you plan to announce?  How did it go?  We usually announce with some sort of "surprise" comment as this baby was a total surprise.   It goes pretty well.  We'll probably put on social media (maybe?) after 23/24 weeks like we did for our older3.

NBR: Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are a few things on it?  I don't have an official bucket list, per se but there's things I'd like to do.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • @ready44.  So, I have to ask as we're the opposite but same boat.  Was #4 planned?  And do you have a 4th boys name????  Congratulations as well for boy #4!!!!

Our #4 WAS NOT PLANNED and was a complete surprise.  Our first 3 are Clomid kids and this one is a one month we didn't prevent kid!!!   We weren't trying for a boy as we weren't trying (so that's generally my answer to that or something like that.  Yes, I get asked!)  And we don't yet know what this kid is and we have ZERO names for this kid...  I think if pushed we might have potential middle names but that's it!!!  We're trying to sort out vehicle issues as we drive a 5 seater truck.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • <b>EDD</b>: 9.9
    <b>Team Blue/Pink/Green</b>:  Green
    <b>FTM/STM</b>: FTM
    <b>Special concerns</b> i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  AMA, IVF, hoping not to gain too much weight
    <b>Any recent/upcoming appointments? </b>AS is not until 4/23, so two more weeks till we get to see baby again!!!
    <b>How are you feeling? / Symptoms</b>: <b></b>Mostly not bad, just exhausted all. The. Time.  And plus heartburn and gas, but honestly even that feels like it's been more manageable the past week.  Sort of.

Im greatly relieved to be signed up for all our classes at the hospital, and pre-registered for L&D.  I still need to sign up for the red cross cpr refresher, and choose a pediatrician. Eep.  I may try to ask around in the waiting room again next time I'm at the Ob, because I'm not from around here, so I don't really have any mom friends to just ask who they see.  I started with yelp and that, (the medical review sites, healthgrades etc.), and I managed to find an UH-mazing doctor! ...who basically doesn't hardly practice anymore. Lol. So kind of back to the drawing board, and I also get the feeling like it's moreso about picking a <i>practice</i>, than a specific doctor, because you may not always get in to see them, anyway. :/

<b>Questions</b>?  Do any of you repeat mom's have a checklist of sorts for picking a pediatrician?

We told close family bit by bit as we saw them, which was nice, and recently sent out paper postcard annoincements to more extended family which was scary / exciting!  Mostly it's been nice, but a few people have asked if we are having a boy, based on the neutral card, which I'm trying not to let myself get too annoyed by.

<span>NBR: Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are a few things on it? 
    Not an official one, but I want to see the cherry blossoms in Japan.  I want to go to Europe, and even eastern Europe and visit the museums, since that's where my background is from.  I want to visit the coastline in Brasil, and someplace truly tropical, like Bali or Figi.  Andplusalso, get two doctorates, so my title would be Doctor Doctor!  Lol. Maybe start with one... ;)</span>
  • @EErin86. I keep trying to explain RLP to people seems like, because it loves to catch me out of nowhere!  :sweat:

@natalie115. Hey, DD buddies!  How do you know the dads, and how didbthat all get worked out, if I may ask?  It's really incredible what you're doing, and I'm sure it won't be easy, but super rewarding.

@arcticseal-2. Newb question here, but can you explain final height to me?  I don't have a clue, but I don't think anyone has taken that type of measurement for me yet.
  • iba34iba34 member
    @arcticseal-2 I don't think fundal height is very accurate until after 20 weeks. I had an appointment yesterday and my midwife said that they wouldn't even start measuring it until 24 weeks. (Also I'm having twins so it won't be that meaningful anyway!) 

@BusinessWife Fundal height is the distance from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus (called the fundus). The measurement in centimeters corresponds to the weeks of pregnancy after a certain point. 
  • @iba34 @BusinessWife That's what my MW said as well. She said they feel for the top of the uterus until it reaches the belly button. Mine was just about at my belly button this morning. After that, they use the measuring tape. If it's within 2cm then that's the best indicator of baby's growth (for songletons).
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @BusinessWife Are there any local Facebook Mom groups you could join and ask for pediatrician recommendations there? If not, maybe pick a few practices based on your research and review the list of doctors on their website, then schedule an introductory meeting with one at each practice you think may be a good fit. Some things we considered when meeting with our potential pediatrician (who we loved and chose):
    -Wanted a female doctor for my personal preference, and because we were having a girl
    -Wanted a doctor with a warm bedside manner
    -Wanted a doctor who would be supportive of breastfeeding
    -Chose a practice that was convenient and had multiple doctors in the event our ped was not available
    -Bonus: she already had one child, so hearing about her own parenting stories has been helpful

I also searched Google for question to ask potential pediatricians and took in some additional questions. 

• EDD: 9/14

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue!

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):

Technically I’m AMA (35 in June). But this doesn’t seem to be causing concern. 

I’m feeling a little better each day - I quit Diclegis on Friday and felt terrible for a few days. But I think it was just an adjustment. I was much better yesterday! I get mildly dizzy frequently but not too bad. I have to pee all the time! And, my low back/tailbone/butt have started to hurt when I sit at my desk at work. I want to get a pillow to sit on, but I’m kind of embarrassed! 

Questions?
    How do I know if I’m carrying low? Is it too early to know that? My friend thinks I’m carrying low because even though my bump is not big yet, it’s getting harder to pull my legs in (like if I’m sitting on the floor putting socks on). Or to lean over like to shave my leg that is propped on the side of the tub. I can still do it, I just feel like there is something in the way. And, I’m a little irrationally worried about squishing the baby every time I put socks and shoes on!

We are still just slowly telling people. I’m still working on telling people at work. I think that we will announce on social media after the Anatomy Scan when we are on vacation in Miami with a cute bump at the beach picture. 

There is a lot of traveling I want to do still, but that will have to wait! I want to learn 2 languages. My husband is Tri-lingual and we will be raising the kids with all 3 languages. I wanted to get a head start, but I guess I will be learning along with the baby! And, yes, I’m fully aware that the baby will learn way faster than me! 
  • @magnolia209 Girl do not hesitate to get a coccyx pillow to help with your tailbone pain! I have struggled with it with both of my pregnancies and the pillow has made a huge difference for me because I sit for a good portion of the day at work. I was up front with my coworkers about it and explained why I was using it, but if you'd rather not bring it up, maybe you could stash it under your desk when you're not seated or cover it with a light blanket so it just looks like a regular seat cushion. 

re: your question about carrying low: the top of your uterus is still relatively low right now (see conversation about fundal height above), but the top will gradually move up closer to - and above - your belly button as the weeks go on. So definitely makes sense that those things are becoming more of a challenge right now! 

• I didn't go with a pediatrician. I see a "family practice" doctor for everything, she is my general, OB, Gyn. She also sees babies and I think she is a great doctor so I just went with her. This worked out nicely for pregnancy/delivery/checkups after because I didn't have to get to know multiple people and she knows my entire history
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/EErin86">EErin86</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">I didn't go with a pediatrician. I see a "family practice" doctor for everything, she is my general, OB, Gyn. She also sees babies and I think she is a great doctor so I just went with her. This worked out nicely for pregnancy/delivery/checkups after because I didn't have to get to know multiple people and she knows my entire history</div>
    </blockquote>
    We had an arrangement like this before we switched insurance... :/ I would have loved to stay there, but it doesn't make sense to keep going oop when we can just pay copays to the new doctors.  Technically, our new GP is Family Practice, but I'm not sure I like the office well enough to put all our eggs in one basket.
  • @BusinessWife aww dang! Yeah adding the insurance game into the picture makes it tough
  • @BusinessWife I asked my OB for a ped recommendation because I knew she had kids. The other place I see a lot of people get recommendations for all things baby is in my prenatal yoga class if you're in one. We also have local moms/parenting groups on Facebook where people as for recs. We ended up going with a bigger practice because they have extended hours and weekends in case we need to bring a sick kid. For their well child checks they always see the same doctor and have since birth.

I was matched with this baby's dads through a surrogacy agency so we didn't know each other beforehand. We matched last June and after I was cleared by their fertility clinic they flew out to meet us which was awesome. When they come next week it'll will only be the second time we've seen them in person, but we email at least once a week. The hardest part I think is/was the hurry up and wait at the beginning. There can be several weeks between steps and I'm not the most patient LOL

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• It has been stupid hard to find prenatal yoga near me, and I'm pretty bummed about it, actually.  The closest I have come for now is just the regular Sunday morning class at the Y, and it's not exclusively prenatal.  Sigh...

One place that supposedly has it not too far as I try checking again now, it's $85 for 6 classes, okay - offered once a week, Saturday mornings, when I have to work.  I just can't catch a break!
  • @BusinessWife I'm also struggling to find prenatal yoga. I went last pregnancy and it was great but we have moved since then and I don't feel like driving 45 min to go. I did still enjoy regular yoga for awhile until it got too fast so I will likely go that route
  • @ready44.  So, I have to ask as we're the opposite but same boat.  Was #4 planned?  And do you have a 4th boys name????  Congratulations as well for boy #4!!!!

Our #4 WAS NOT PLANNED and was a complete surprise.  Our first 3 are Clomid kids and this one is a one month we didn't prevent kid!!!   We weren't trying for a boy as we weren't trying (so that's generally my answer to that or something like that.  Yes, I get asked!)  And we don't yet know what this kid is and we have ZERO names for this kid...  I think if pushed we might have potential middle names but that's it!!!  We're trying to sort out vehicle issues as we drive a 5 seater truck.
    @articseal-2, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  For us, #4 was planned, but we conceived much sooner than we thought we would (we were TTC our third for over a year).  Anywho, we had a lot of difficulty coming up with a name for our third, and DH finally named him at the hospital.  This time, we're struggling again, but I WILL have a name before delivery - no repeats of what happened last time (I was in tears at the hospital for about an hour because I was so exhausted after over 24 hours with virtually no sleep, general frustration over the name issue, and I felt like I/we were kind of rushed to name him due to the person in charge of the birth certificate/social security info coming in and out a few times - just an awful experience for me).  Best of luck coming up with a name - it really does get more and more difficult, doesn't it.

FWIW, we have a minivan, and even though I'm not wild about it, it's really convenient and practical for this stage in our lives (all our boys are still young - 5, 3, and 17 months).  When they're older and there's less to lug around baby-wise, I think/hope we'll get a 3 row SUV, but that's at least 3-4 years away.  
  • @ready44 We're seriously looking into a Chevrolet Suburban because we have a travel trailer that we like to use to go on vacations and camping in the summer....  There's also the Ford Expedition Max and the Yukon XL in the tow vehicle world.  Forewarning though, we looked at a used Yukon (not the XL) and with the backseats up I wouldn't have been able to fit even one weeks groceries in the back...  Yeah, that got crossed off real quick!
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • EDD: September 14th

Team Blue/Pink/Green: not sure yet! 

FTM/STM: First Time Mom

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):  overweight 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Anatomy scan April 25th

How are you feeling? / Symptoms: I’m feeling okay physically. Tired. I still throw up a few times a week. Not much of an appetite yet. Mentally I’m nervous as all get out that this baby will arrive into this world happy and healthy. I’m having a hard time thinking that my body can actually create a happy healthy little baby and that something won’t go wrong (stillbirth etc.). I think I’ve felt baby move but it’s not every day, but maybe every other day or every three days that I have the feeling. 

Questions? Any advice on how to relax and enjoy the pregnancy rather than worrying the 40 weeks away? I kept telling myself I’d get better... “after the first trimester I’ll feel more condfident”... “after we tell our families it will seem more real”... now I’ll say “after the anatomy scan I’ll believe it’s true”. Would love some advice!

GTKY: How did you / will you plan to announce?  How did it go? We invited our families over for my birthday and writer “We’re having a baby!” on it. 

• @miriamjacoba Hi! I'm a FTM with the same due date as you! I'm nervous too. I have not yet started feeling movements. But, I have told myself to enjoy the pregnancy and final pre-baby months. I think the fact that you feel the baby at all at 19 weeks is awesome! I understand if you are still throwing up how it could be hard to relax and be happy. I hope you start to feel better soon. I'm super excited for my anatomy scan (the day after yours). I do think that will make it feel more real. Right now, I still sometimes think that this is all in my head and I'm just getting fat. But, I've heard the heart beat, seen the baby, and had all low-risk results on the first trimester tests so I am determined to stay positive. 
  • @miriamjacoba Hi! I'm a FTM with the same due date as you! I'm nervous too. I have not yet started feeling movements. But, I have told myself to enjoy the pregnancy and final pre-baby months. I think the fact that you feel the baby at all at 19 weeks is awesome! I understand if you are still throwing up how it could be hard to relax and be happy. I hope you start to feel better soon. I'm super excited for my anatomy scan (the day after yours). I do think that will make it feel more real. Right now, I still sometimes think that this is all in my head and I'm just getting fat. But, I've heard the heart beat, seen the baby, and had all low-risk results on the first trimester tests so I am determined to stay positive. 
    Thanks so much for the reply! Awesome to get to talk to someone with the same due date and in such a similar position as me. It’s funny you say the “all in your head” comment. Exactlyyyyy how I’m feeling. We’ll have to touch base after our anatomy scans for sure!
  • Today’s the day! Anatomy scan here I come. So nervous! On top of that we had a student at my school (I’m a teacher) diagnosed with fifth disease so I had to get some blood work to see if I’m allowed to go back to work or not! Draaaaamaaaa! Fingers crossed everything will work out  
  •  @miriamjacoba good luck today!
  • @miriamjacoba. GL today!  Hope your tests come back all clear, too...  :#

AFM, wanted to make sure I update here (full update on the 4/23 Apt thread), but we had a great anatomy scan!  He didn't quite get all the angles radiology likes for the heart, but we also have the echo in a couple weeks, so hopefully that will give them everything they need ;)
  • @miriamjacoba I hope everything goes great today and makes this feel real for you!

And also that you don't catch that kid's disease! One thing I'm not looking forward to about having a kid is catching all kinds of gross diseases! All of my friends with school age kids are constantly getting sick! 
  • Hey ladies! Thanks for all your well wishes. Test results came back and I’m immune to fifths disease, so don’t have to worry about getting it! Anatomy scan went well. Haven’t had the results from my midwife yet, but she didn’t call so that means that there is nothing concerning. We’re having a girl! Last Saturday she was supppppperrrrrr active but I haven’t been feeling much since, just a little bit here and there. Wishing I could feel kicks more!  How about all you ladies? Did you have your anatomy scans yet? How did they go? 
  • jumpy57jumpy57 member
    Our anatomy scan went really well, baby likes to have one foot up by the head. We are still team green :)