November 2018 Moms
Options

Sunday Ticker Change 04.22.18

This is for those of us with a due date of:

11/4
11/11
11/18
11/25

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 04.22.18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I found little ones heart beat with my doppler tonight!! I really wasn't expecting to be able to, and it made me really happy! 
    Yay! It's so reassuring! I hope that will help you feel a little more excited. I'm sorry you had that awful dream. I think that would shake me a little bit too. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy I didn’t expect that many tattoos from you. Maybe it’s the teacher straight edge stereotype lol. 

@mockingjay1 FX for good NIPT results! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy That's awesome. I'm so happy you were able to find it!!
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy - yay for finding baby!

@kamahina9 - so can you rotate through the different midwives for appointments, though? I mean, I can't imagine that your midwife is on call 24/7/365 so there is always a good chance that someone else will deliver your baby. At my ob's office I have an ob assigned but I request to rotate through the different doctors for this very reason. Last pregnancy I met with "my doctor" all of 3 times and the rest of my appointments I saw one of the other doctors. Surely enough, it wasn't my doctor on call the day I delivered. Hopefully your office would accomodate something like this too.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @phoenix870509 we are going to see it Sunday and I am so excited!! I love Marvel movies. We tried to get tickets for Friday and Saturday but all the reserved seating at our local theaters was sold out!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots we are insane! The showing starts at 10:40pm, so we aren't getting back until 2am! And then I have to start work at 8:30 the next day! We are staying over at my parents because 1) the movie theater is near their house and 2) they are watching DS. We have to drive 40 minutes back to our place Friday morning so I can start work. I'm going to be exhaused, but luckily DH is off so he can take care of DS and I can nap.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @phoenix870509 I'm going Friday afternoon with H's best friend. Our birthdays are a day apart and H has to work on my birthday so he asked his friends if he would take me. H's friend is like a big brother to me and I'm so excited to have some adult time!
  • Options
    @phoenix870509 okay that’s sounds exhausting! Good luck! I have a feeling the movie will totally be worth it though! 
  • Options
    @alweldon86 how long did it take from the time you had the NIPT blood draw til you got the results? I'm having my blood draw Wednesday and my OB said it could take up to 3 weeks -_-
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @vrj0522 - they clarified a little with me today at my appointment. I have to pick the one doctor or midwife that I will see for all my prenatal appointments but when it's time for delivery whoever is working that day will be the people delivering. I asked about rotating through different doctors & midwives and they said I can just pick one on paper but as I make appointments just ask to see a different person for my next one. Making you pick at all seems kinda silly but they said most clients like to see the same person everytime they come in. I guess I just have different preferences than the norm.

• Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited April 2018
    @kamahina9 - it does seem silly but I guess I can see the part where some women would prefer to just see one doctor. I personally prefer rotating and getting to know all the different doctors. I'm glad they allow you to rotate too! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @kamahina9 & @vrj0522 - I'm one of those patients that would rather see the same person at every appointment (knowing there will be a couple that likely won't happen). I also strongly prefer that my OB does my delivery which is why I go to a small practice. My OB prefers to deliver her own patients as well, and I'll likely be another scheduled c-section which makes that easier to do. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @mockingjay1 - I can see why it would be nice to get to know your OB, especially if there's a good chance of them delivering for you. The hospital I will be going to will only have the delivery staff on hand and I won't have much of a choice. I'm just hoping my friend that is a delivery nurse is working the day I go in. Having someone that I know & trust would be a relief.

• Options
    kamahina9 said:
    @mockingjay1 - I can see why it would be nice to get to know your OB, especially if there's a good chance of them delivering for you. The hospital I will be going to will only have the delivery staff on hand and I won't have much of a choice. I'm just hoping my friend that is a delivery nurse is working the day I go in. Having someone that I know & trust would be a relief.
    Yeah if that were the case I'd want to meet as many as I could too! Hopefully you'll get to at least meet a few of them and that one you know and like will deliver baby.
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm so glad you guys mentioned rotating through the OBs at your clinics.  They have me set up/scheduled all with the OB I was using before we got pregnant.  My earlier appt's for LO were with another OB though since my doc was on maternity leave.  So I've met with 2 of the 4.  There are a few dates they scheduled me that won't work/I need to change so I'm going to ask if I can rotate through the other two so that I can at least meet them.  Depending on who is on-call when I go into labor will be who delivers.  It's actually the same birthing center/hospital my sister had her son at 13 years ago and I remember her being upset and misled when the OB that did her delivery wasn't the OB she had seen throughout her pregnancy. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts - your poor sister! I would be so pissed if they implied it would be one specific Dr then they pulled a switch the day of. Yeah, I figure if I can at least meet as many staff as possible then I have higher chances of recognizing someone in the delivery room. 

• Options
    +1 to the rotating doctors at my OB. My doctors office uses midwives unless you are high risk, so there are about 5 you rotate through and have appointments with throughout the pregnancy so you have the chance to meet them all. They will purposefully schedule you with a different midwife each time for this reason. Whoever is scheduled at the hospital at the time of labor is who you get. I don’t mind it honestly, it was the same way when I had DD. All the midwives are really kind and personable so I didn’t really mind any of them. 
  • Options
    @kamahina9 I don't think she was intentionally misled.  I don't know if they just didn't emphasize her OB might not do delivery or if she just assumed they would or if she just didn't quite pay attention or what.  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV