November 2018 Moms

GTKY- Tell us about where you're from!

A friend posted this on FB yesterday and I thought it was interesting to see what everyone had to say! 

What are some pros/cons about where you live?

Me: From MA
Pros
- I am fairly close to both the city and the beach. 
- Our sports teams are the bomb!
- Seasons! New England is really fun throughout the year.

Cons
- The cost of living is pretty high around here
- As much as I love the seasons, the winters can be really harsh and spring is pretty much non-existent.

There are more that I can't think of right now but just wanted to give an example!
Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: GTKY- Tell us about where you're from!

• Loading the player...
  • @pink_polkadots Whoa now! LOL

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @ashkee05 That's interesting on the differing opinions on people.  I suppose it really is dependent on your area.  Granted, I also don't work retail, so I'm sure you get to see the "cream of the crop" so to speak on a regular basis :D  I do recall certain areas of Madison where people seemed to have some stuck up/entitlement issues. 
    I was mainly thinking of our recent trip out east and the huge difference in people from around where I live vs the majority of people we encountered.  We tend to hold doors open at the store, or smile at people and I had one lady inform me she wasn't an invalid (for holding the door), another guy look at me like I was crazy and ask, "what are you doing?".  We were constantly cut off in stores practically pushed out of the way.   At one point while shopping MH said "Excuse me miss, I'm trying to get through" when someone blocked an aisle and they moved FURTHER into the aisle to be more in the way and just scowled.  Another person scolded her kid for smiling and waving back at DSD when we were at the Statue of Liberty.  It was just really bizarre and like we were in the twilight zone :D  It seemed too continuous to think it was a fluke or just based on the area of NJ we were in lol  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts see the only other places I’ve been is MN and TX. And well TX is TX I think that says it all and MN is so much like WI. There are definitely a lot of nice people but I certainly see both sides of it in Madison in full force lol 
    nws
  • @middleschoolmommy I left Wisconsin in May with my coat on and moved to tx and wanted to die when I landed wearing jeans and a hoodie. I don’t think I went outside all summer unless I absolutely had to the summer I lived in tx. That heat could kill me for real lol 
    nws
  • @wildrainbow

Yuusssss! In my last BMB, there was only one other Alabama mom and she was a Bama fan. Boo! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You Floridians forgot another huge pro to living in FL now... Year round Day Light Saving Time! Not sure what other states do this, but Alabama is considering it and I'm praying it passes.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 seriously!!! Every parent haaaaates it. If a politician campaigned on a "keep daylight time all year" platform, they would have my vote.

• @CopperBoom86 hasn't passed the Senate yet, and I pray it does NOT! That's definitely a con for me. If we're gonna do it, then do it like Arizona and no daylight savings at all.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @phoenix870509 Nooooo! I LOATHE when it gets dark before I can even make it home from work. Seriously THE WORST. Also, my kid sleeps later on DST because the sun doesn’t rise so early. 
    Pregnancy Ticker