July 2018 Moms

April Symptoms

Re: April Symptoms

• @zombiehoohaa I haven't experienced those there yet, but I've read about them and half expecting them myself. I have a lovely set that popped up on my right leg. DH keeps asking if they hurt, they don't at the moment and hoping they don't start. I know with my leg, keeping it elevated helps, but I'm not sure how to elevate "down there" other than maybe to lay down when possible. Hate to suggest it but I've heard a cool compress can help which sounds chilly, and I think there are even support garments for it.  From what I've read about them it has to do with hormones and the extra blood and fluids we're carrying which is why it should go away after baby.
  • @zombiehoohaa eek! I have one on my leg that just popped up, that’s nightmare fuel! 

@kissableviv yes!! Feeling like an overstuffed sausage is really getting old... 10 weeks to go.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • A couple of you keep saying 10 weeks and I'm like...ah! Things are so close. But then I remember I'm more like 14 (ha or 16) and I get so jealous!
  • @SmashJam I’m rounding up  :D. It’s more like 11 for me, but I’m hoping this one will come a little early like DS- a girl can dream right?!
  • @noideawhatshesdoing I was reading swimming really helps as does the cold compress...just thinking of putting ice cold anything down there gives me goosebumps and chills. Lol 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• This kid is twiddling his fingers right on my cervix as I’m walking. Ouch!
  • I think Bernie must be moving in a way that is making me nauseous, or allergies/vertigo is getting to me. I feel sick, my head hurts, I'm a little crampy. It's probably baby moving+allergies.
  • kissableviv : same here, it's honestly ridiculous! I feel like I've always been normal in that realm and now "normal" is uncomfortable. 
  • Think I just full on peed my pants? Went to the bathroom- peed. And then left restroom to only have more liquid coming out- ALOT. I thought for sure it was my water because physically couldn’t be that much pee. But my drenched pad was yellow. My underwear are also drenched and my
    pants are wet. What the hell??
  • @elizabethrn87 oh no! I have had that happen when i sit with my legs open and lean forward...pee just comes out. Hopefully you are at home, but if not, hope you can inconspicuously get out of the area!

• I pee myself a lot during pregnancy @elizabethrn87. It’s normal. I know it’s gross but try to do a little sniff test to make sure it smells like urine, if it has a sweet smell it could be amniotic fluid. 
  • zande2016 said:
    I pee myself a lot during pregnancy @elizabethrn87. It’s normal. I know it’s gross but try to do a little sniff test to make sure it smells like urine, if it has a sweet smell it could be amniotic fluid. 
    See I think it didn’t smell like pee but it was so yellow
  • @elizabethrn87 I’ve been having this happen on and off for a few weeks now. It’s not a lot of liquid, but enough to feel like a gush, freak me out, and then just piss me off!
  • @zombiehoohaa that sounds terrible! I hope they do go away after the baby! I feel like that would drive me crazy and I would try to pop them.

@elizabethrn87 same thing happened to me, I ended up buying incontinence liners early on (I sneeze a lot at work so they've been very helpful!)

• I’m so over these bloody boogers and acne came back  :(
  • Anyone else with SPD and had their OB order an ultrasound?  I had an appointment with her today. She said baby’s heartbeat sounds fine but because I described the pain as getting worse and spreading since my last appointment, she wants an ultrasound just to be safe. 

I have also scheduled a chiropractic appointment on Thursday for my SPD because I’ve read some great reviews for women in the same condition going to this place and leaving with no pain. I’m praying it works that well for me because the pain at this point is almost unbearable. I hate that the weather is finally warming up but I’m in so much pain that I can’t even go for a walk. 
  • pretzelloverpretzellover member
    edited April 2018
    @emsnedds My doctor ordered physical therapy for the SPD + diastasis... first appointment is today, so curious what exercises they will recommend to strengthen pelvic muscles.
    Oddly, while walking hurts me a lot (especially on a treadmill), stairmaster and elliptical do not; probably by the range of motion is fixed andore consistent. Also found that using my Snoogle at night (between the knees) has helped with the pelvic poping and pain.

ETA: ‘poping’ Haha. Not pooping.
  • @wildtot my acne is back too :'( so now I feel gigantic and gross again.
  • See I think it didn’t smell like pee but it was so yellow
    Same here.  I ended up at OB for it 2 weeks ago because it really didn't smell like pee.  Been wearing pads constantly lately and they do get soaked, but it's clear/slight yellow and dries darker yellow.  Does not smell like pee, but doesn't smell overly sweet - but does smell medical somehow.  They've done swabs twice now because I keep thinking i have a leak but it comes back neg each time.  Very disconcerting but at least we're not alone!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @owl_momma oh, I was trying to pop them when I first found them until the OB nurse said not to! They won't pop, FWIW. Lol

@wildtot & @noideawhatshesdoing add me to the acne. I've been soooooo good about washing my face and keeping up a routine. Its only in one area, too. 

• @zombiehoohaa yeah for some reason i tend to get it on one cheek. I will get the occasional random somewhere else but the right cheek never fails. 
  • @wildtot mine is the left part of my forehead/brow area. I'm also getting dry skin just on my cheeks. Not bad, just flakiness. Need to make sure I'm drinking enough water.  

• Has anyone found any successful way to reduce/relieve leg cramps? I get them mostly when I wake up in the morning and sometimes the pain brings me to tears along with not being able to stretch because it just causes the pain to move to another part of my leg. They come at other times of the day too but not as bad. The restlessness drives me nuts but I'd rather deal with that than the leg cramps.
  • @momofelise71 Leg cramps are the worst. Are you drinking enough water? I found with my first I would get them awful in the middle of the night and I would place my foot on my wall (it was winter so it was nice and cool lol) and that would help. Standing on a cold floor is supposed to help too!
  • I’m still sleepy, but lots of wake ups at night to pee too. Back pain sometimes and discomfort sitting straight up, these twins have my uterus so high in my small torso! Cannot pick stuff up off the floor, so over the clumsiness! 
  • @pretzellover how was your appointment? Did you learn anything particularly useful that will help with the pain?  Crossing my fingers you got help! And I need a friggin snoogle!!! I always put it off, not feeling like I need one until third trimester, and then I feel bad because it’s like I only really need it for a couple months. With this new SPD issue though, I think it will be worth it. 
  • My body is giving up on me. Last night as I was using my arms to support my weight trying to lie down (so I didn't hurt my hips) my sternum popped and it's been so sore ever since. It feels like one of my ribs is out of place.  Also I had a feeling Ive become anemic since I feel like I just can't catch up on sleep and I've been dizzy... Levels came back at 6 (about half the lowest normal level). Hello iron supplement and constipation haha 
  • @KatyF0813 in taking rainbow light iron every other day and so far no issues. Doctor advised to take it every other day though, I'm not sure if you have anemia symptoms you may need it every day?
  • I'm getting this pain in my lower abdomen/pelvic area, especially when I go from sitting to standing to walking. As well as getting in and out of bed. It's not like the  normal rlp. A bit sensitive to touch as well. It's not getting worse or better. I'm waiting to hear from the ob nurse. Anyone else experiencing this or something similar?

@KatyF0813 I'm anemic and have been taking iron twice a day throughout pregnancy. I've only had constipation a few times. I think it depends on what iron pills consumed.

• Anyone else sweaty while sleeping? Just me? I mean I'm usually a sweaty girl, but dang, this is just a whole other level.
  • @noideawhatshesdoing thanks for bringing this up! I have no idea what's happening but I'm sleeping in panties and a tank and I've been waking up sweating at night! Wtf!
  • @kissableviv thank goodness I'm not alone! I can't even handle wearing a tank at night anymore. The last three nights I've ditched that halfway through.
  • @zombiehoohaa - +1 here - general consensus is SPD - yay extra loose pelvises...sarcasm
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @noideawhatshesdoing yes!!! I've been sleeping in a nightie and panties, with a fan on me directly and still sweating. I've chalked it up to be one hot momma.

@gingerbride good to know! I'm currently in the recline position on my couch because it's the only thing that is helping ease the pain. 

• emsnedds said:
    @pretzellover how was your appointment? Did you learn anything particularly useful that will help with the pain?  Crossing my fingers you got help! And I need a friggin snoogle!!! I always put it off, not feeling like I need one until third trimester, and then I feel bad because it’s like I only really need it for a couple months. With this new SPD issue though, I think it will be worth it. 
    @emsnedds Sorry! Was going to reply on my work commute but left phone at home.

so, it was a consult only, 1st real appt next week. But I learned a few things about SPD:
    1) ice it when it hurts. She said it should respond pretty well given proximity to surface;
    2) try not to further irritate it, by keeping your pelvis aligned and legs parallel. No lunges. Sit to put on and take off pants. Take smaller steps. Keep knees together when you roll over or get or get out of bed.
    3) The pelvic floor exercises should help, such as kegels (and whatever she teaches me next week!) 
  • @pretzellover That’s great! Good luck at your treatment! I just went to the chiropractor yesterday and I start treatment next week as well. I didn’t get as much advice about how to manage the pain, but I’m not likely to try doing lunges anyway lol! That is all very helpful information and I’m willing to try anything to lower the pain. 
  • Heartburn kicked in last night and had really bad cramps with back pain. This baby seems to be all over my cervix just like his brother was.
  • Anyone else have leaky boobs yet? FTM and I thought the boob leakage wasn't supposed to start until after birth/when you begin to breastfeed?  I'm like super paranoid now because I've been just wearing a cami with shelf bra because all my bras are so tight!  Luckily so far its only while I'm sleeping (and only the right one if I lay on that side) but still awkward waking up in a wet puddle :(
  • @babygagnon2018 I'm a STM but I had a small leak happen last weekend when I was leaning against a table at apparently just the right angle.  Nothing since then though.  I'm guessing (hoping?) it's normal?  Nothing like that happened to me during my first pregnancy.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @babygagnon2018 @amdftw my doctor said it’s normal especially for stm+. Mine have had the occasional crust or actual leaking since 24wks. Every doctor has said it’s fine.