August 2018 Moms

FFFC 4/20 Edition

It’s 4/20, it’s Friday, surely someone has something to confess?
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC 4/20 Edition

• Loading the player...
  • F47F47 member
    @livinthesunnylife, I posted this in my O16 BMB, too, and that was the general consensus of everyone else. I’m a weirdo. Haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If something happens to me, he needs to devote every spare second to trying to fill the void in our son's lives.  No time for any other kids.  Be a super good Dad to these two please. 
  • @lalala2004 why were they walking out?
  • @livinthesunnylife  I feel the same way. I had a pretty poor relationship with my stepfather, not abusive or anything like that, but a poor relationship. Between when I left home at 18 and when I had my son at 30,  I saw my mother very infrequently because of it. It’s not that I wouldn’t want my husband to remarry if I die, but I’m certainly not gonna go out of my way to facilitate it.  

And not for nothing, but I’m also petty bitch, so get snipped dude. 
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • @mrs_drc_rn My husband used to travel every two weeks with his old job, my girlfriends and I called it “hotel house” because your house is like a hotel and you get to do what you want! I missed him, but it can be nice every now and again!
  • hopeful91 said:
    @lalala2004 why were they walking out?
    Anniversary of Columbine shooting, so another gun violence related protest. It was a bummer. They walked out for 5 minutes and then walked back in. Oh well!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• ^i love nights where DH hours out with friends. I get to watch what I want, eat what I want, and go to bed when I want.
  • @mrs_drc_rn DH usually goes on two weekend finishing trips a year. He hasn't gone since the winter of 2016 and I loved it when he went. I would eat crap food, drink wine and watch chick flicks all weekend. 

• @F47 that’s the main reason why we are waiting on DH getting the snip. If an IUD doesn’t work after this baby (I haven’t liked any BC) then he will get snipped.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m playing hookey (spelling?) this afternoon. Our game was messed with, and our Athletic Director didn’t want to handle some things, so I fought to get my classes covered a few weeks ago, and am enjoying the afternoon hanging out.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• hopeful91 said:
    @lalala2004 why were they walking out?
    Anniversary of Columbine shooting, so another gun violence related protest. It was a bummer. They walked out for 5 minutes and then walked back in. Oh well!
    The middle schoolers at my school were saying it was an all day walkout, but admin knew what they were really going to do (it's 4/20 after all) so they scheduled an assembly/discussion on the 2nd amendment at 9:45 until 10:15 so anyone who wanted to walk out would have to do it in front of the AP.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Ha dh can not WAIT to get snipped. He’s already called about scheduling it. He didn’t really want a 4th though... and frankly there’s no way in hell he’d want more with anyone else if I died either. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• We are also in our late 30s too. If someone told me that I’d die and he’d remarry and have more kids I’d assume they concluded him with someone else or that he needed to be committed lol

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• F47F47 member
    H looooves kids. He wanted at least three (I was set on two, but alas), so maybe that sways my decision. He’s also a pretty incredible Dad, so I wouldn’t worry about our kids getting less of his time or attention. 

It’s a weird thing to think about. Especially since our marriage is solid and happy and we’re not going to split up in any scenario I can imagine. But, still... I hesitate. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • H will be getting snipped in . . . . Oh the next decade or so. Im not 30 yet, and he isn’t 25 yet. So even if we were 1000% sure no one would do anything.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• My H has already said he will be getting snipped after this baby is born. I feel done with two, so its all good. 
  • Why does anyone wait until after this baby is born? Why not get it done now?
  • Why does anyone wait until after this baby is born? Why not get it done now?
    Same as above.  As horrible as it is, there are sometimes pregnancy complications or completely random events that lead to babies dying in utero or shortly after birth.  If DH got snipped now and something was to happen to this baby, we wouldn't be able to have another if we decided we still wanted one.  We won't wait a year though, DH will probably just find a weekend where his parents are in town to help me with the kids and do it then.  I expect it to be within 6 months of this baby being born (which honestly could even be too late given that we conceived this one when DD2 was 5.5 months old, but I'll be insisting on all the condoms this time around haha).
  • We won’t wait. I’d rather dh wait till after she’s here for morbid reasons but honestly this pregnancy has been hard and I’m getting older etc. I don’t know that trying again at that point would happen anyhow. 

Dh is a pharmacist and the fall is his insane busy time with flu shots, running flu clinics etc. his weekends off are spoken for then. And we have a high deductible plan which we are already close to hitting so it’s for sure this calendar year. Prob late spring early summer. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @derbysquirrel that should not be an FFFC! I'm in California and totally partake when I can. Obviously not while pregnant, though. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @derbysquirrel @calimom2524 my kind of people! But I'm not in a rec state, so there's that. My extracurricular activity has been shelved for a couple years at this point, and for the foreseeable future. :(