August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms.

What is the tea ladies. 

We close on on our new home on Tuesday so today will consist of packing and cleaning. I also have a 60th birthday party which the attire is semi formal/ gold and white. I have nothing to wear to this shindig. I am dreading going to the mall to find something and hope this doesn’t turn out to be an all day affair. Did I mention I hate color theme events while pregnant because that means I will have to go shopping. 

Re: Weekend Randoms.

• Options
    @ssthomps I feel like you get an exemption from following dress code rules while pregnant haha

I am a softball coach/coordinator for Special Olympics locally for softball and we have played practice today. Then DH and I are going to dinner since yesterday was our anniversary. 

Tomorrow were going to a baseball game. 
  • Options
    I’m hoping to drag H and the Little’s to the cheap theater and watch Petter Rabbit tonight. Otherwise the plan is to just stay inside and relax as much as possible.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a minivan sitting in my driveway! They let me take it home for the night, and I’ll bring it by our mechanic to give it a once over before bringing it back. 

I have a stomache at the thoyght of negotiating the price. Haaaate hate hate hate. I’ve never had to do it before really either. And dh is being kind of an ass about the whole thing. Grumbling about minivans are expensive, complaining about how everything is electronic (bc that stuff is a pain when it goes - but uh that’s all cars now dude), and really just doesn’t want a minivan. Not that he wants a 3rd row suv either. 4th kid or not my next car was gonna be 3 rows bc I really want to be able to carpool. I want to just buy it and move on. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Happy weekend! We actually have some decent weather today so I think it’s an outside kinda day! And DH is going to grill tonight so I’m a happy lady!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is a crazy busy weekend for me! It is the annual fundraiser weekend for the charity I chair. We had a golf tournament this morning and a black tie dinner tonight. I’m still running around doing last minute things, currently waiting in the parking lot for Michaels to open. But it’ll all be worth it when it’s done!

@ssthomps I wish you had said something sooner! I’m actually wearing a white and gold dress tonight (Mardi Gras theme) that I found on clearance from PinkBlush maternity section, I would have forwarded you the link!
  • Options
    No big plans, so hopefully we can get some cleaning and organizing done. Will probably go to Sam’s to stock up on a few things. 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I actually got a lot accomplished yesterday with regards to cleaning stuff out of the soon-to-be nursery. I also managed to completely organize our hallway closet! DH is now following my lead and is going to start getting the crown molding done today! Narrowed down our paint choices and we have two samples to choose from!  :)
  • Options
    @pghctwife we're getting ready to pull the trigger on our minivan too.  DH is also nervous about the electronics, which is why I think we'll go with the Honda even though I like the Chrysler better overall.  Honda is just more reliable.  It would cost more than double what I've ever paid for any other car either way.  Ugh.

I'm going to run this mofo into the ground for like 10 years and then maybe do a large SUV instead...we have too many carseats for a third row SUV to be practical right now.  Having 3 kids in a 38 month time span will do that to you.  Ha.
  • Options
    Party dress codes sounds awful. I would probably skip lol

@scottishlass1213 happy anniversary!

We want a minivan or 3 row SUV but just bought a car last year so no more car buying for us at the moment. 
  • Options
    Blah. I’m not a good negotiator. Lol. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    It's finally nice here! Yesterday, we did some yardwork, and I shopped earth day sales for cloth diapers. Today includes more yardwork, and picking paint out for baby girl's room
  • Options
    kc0711 said:

@ssthomps I wish you had said something sooner! I’m actually wearing a white and gold dress tonight (Mardi Gras theme) that I found on clearance from PinkBlush maternity section, I would have forwarded you the link!
    Aww Man I found something. 70.00 dollars and half of my day gone. 
  • Options
    @pghctwife that is definitely one of their tactics. Letting you take the car home so that you fall in love with it. I hate negotiating as well especially in person. Online or on the phone I have no problem, but face to face makes me anxious. Good Luck! 
  • Options
    My mom is here helping to get my house put back together and the nursery set up after the floors were out in last week. I appreciate her help, but she's a morning person and I'm a night owl. She was up and going by 7 am, and we got a ton done before 10am, but I'm exhausted, DH is exhausted, and we're both grumpy. I'd rather do all of the work AFTER 10. Oh well. I'll try and use her for the couple of days that she's here.

I just got a quick nap, and now we're off to the store for supplies for round 2. I'll be cleaning furniture that's been in storage for 30 years, DH is fixing the upstairs shower and finishing painting the baseboards, and my mom will be cooking up a storm for the freezer. I still have a bunch a furniture that needs rearranged, but I really want someone else to take lead on that, since lifting heavy things up and down stairs is getting to be very difficult for me. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I need to do 400 loads of laundry, but Louise won't allow it. DH has a man cold.  :(

I actually got out on Friday evening for this 3rd Friday downtown thing where folks can mosey around with boozy drinks. I had a lemonade, which was good, but not quite as good as booze, and my back and hips were basically like FU, take us home. The whole reason I went was to get some cabbage rolls from an Eastern European food truck I like, and they were out by the time we got around to it. Lesson learned. Prioritize food. But I stayed till 8:30 anyway, so I was pretty pleased with myself. 
  • Options
    ssthomps said:
    @pghctwife that is definitely one of their tactics. Letting you take the car home so that you fall in love with it. I hate negotiating as well especially in person. Online or on the phone I have no problem, but face to face makes me anxious. Good Luck! 
    Yeah I mean I was already decided anyhow and it just made it easier for my life tbh though I’m sure that was why. I’m a bit annoyed bc I know I didn’t get as good a deal as I could have but, I’m just notttt good at that. I would have much preferred to go through carmax bc no haggle but they didn’t have what we wanted/price. And certified used too. Oh well. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Got back from a long weekend camping trip. Had fun, but definitely not doing that again the rest of this pregnancy. My whole body hurts! And I'll probably be cleaning/unpacking for weeks :/ But it was fun to just sit around and let the kids play and get dirty - they definitely had lots of fun :)
  • Options
    I accidentally fell into a bag of salt and vinegar chips around 3pm and was still too full to eat dinner so now (9:15) I’m hungry. Whoops.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    delujm0 said:
    @pghctwife we're getting ready to pull the trigger on our minivan too.  DH is also nervous about the electronics, which is why I think we'll go with the Honda even though I like the Chrysler better overall.  Honda is just more reliable.  It would cost more than double what I've ever paid for any other car either way.  Ugh.

I'm going to run this mofo into the ground for like 10 years and then maybe do a large SUV instead...we have too many carseats for a third row SUV to be practical right now.  Having 3 kids in a 38 month time span will do that to you.  Ha.
    Captains seats in the middle row, FTW!!!! We have a 7 seater/3rd row burb. I can wiggle past the middle row to buckle L in, we had my mom a week ago who wanted to sit in the middle row. At almost 3 he also buckled himself in 90% of the time.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    No interest in the suvs - love the minivan functionality and I have no issue with it :) I’m excited for 8 seats and carpooling!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w