November 2018 Moms

It's a Boy/Girl!

Post here (and choose your answer on the poll) when you find out the sex of your baby/babies! 

To keep the thread from getting clogged, try to use "love tits" as congratulations to prevent announcements from getting lost in the comments.

*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

It's a Boy/Girl! 181 votes

It's a Boy!
34% 62 votes
It's a Girl!
38% 69 votes
Team Green!
18% 33 votes
Multiples--Boys!
1% 2 votes
Multiples--Girls!
4% 9 votes
Multiples--Boy and Girl!
3% 6 votes

Re: It's a Boy/Girl!

• Lol...I know I have been off the bump for awhile but...Love tits....got to say this is an interesting way to say congrats!

@offtoneverland Love Tits on starting this thread! Hahahahahaha
  • Loading the player...
  • @bfpafter4years Love tits are what some people call the "love it" button. :) 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • I figured it was something like that but it just cracked me up!
  • Those of you who answered the poll, put your answers here too, even if you're team green! I think it's fun to have everyone's answers in one thread.  :)
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • We're definitely finding out. But not til week 20. Such a long time to wait!!! I wanted to do NIPT but too expensive at the moment. 
  • @alweldon86 how did you find out the sex at week 8?! So jealous!
  • ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited April 2018
    @Amber1174 @arieselle  @troystory17 and I suppose anyone who might know. Can you always find out with the nipt? Or did you have to ask when you had it done? I had no idea they could do it with that so I didn’t ask but I did have it done. I get my results Thursday, can I ask them our gender?!!!!

eta I clearly do not want to be team green. I am dying for team pink since already having two boys but have a feeling I’ll be forever out numbered 
    nws
  • @ashkee05 I think you usually have to ask if you DONT want to know. Since one of the things they usually check for is abnormalities in sex chromosomes (like XXY or something). Do you know the brand you took? 

• @ashkee05 I think you usually have to ask if you DONT want to know. Since one of the things they usually check for is abnormalities in sex chromosomes (like XXY or something). Do you know the brand you took? 
    @lifesabeach85 I have no idea lol like I said I didn’t know you could do that. All I know is that they poked my finger and put it on four dots then told me they would go over results at an ultrasound at 12 weeks which is what I go for on Thursday 
    nws
  • dancingramdancingram member
    edited April 2018
    Team Green!
  • @ashkee05 my ob explained that when the results are emailed I can click a box that would reveal the sex and if I choose to view the full report the sex would be included. I don’t believe I had an option on the consent form to decline the sex being on the report. I used counsyl. I hope that helps you and anyone else using that company for the NIPT  :)
  • @arieselle I guess I’ll just have to ask at my appointment Thursday because I don’t have an option to see mine online. They told me they discuss the results in conclusion with an ultrasound at 12 weeks. I went into my patient portal and emailed them asking though! Thank you for answering though!!!
    nws
  • @ashkee05 when I signed the form there was a box to check off if I didn't want to know the sex, and then when they called with the results they asked again if I would like to know the sex.  My office uses the Panorama test.
  • ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited April 2018
    @troystory17 so weird how you guys had options. I didn’t sign anything. They just asked me if I wanted to do it, I said yes. Set and appointment for only lab. So at 10 weeks I literally just did four drops of blood on a sheet and was done. Then I go back tomorrow do results in conclusion with an ultrasound. They didn’t tell me test names, or mention sex at all. I wrote them via the patient portal so maybe tomorrow I’ll get to come back and report team pink or blue! 
    nws
  • ashkee05 said:
    @troystory17 so weird how you guys had options. I didn’t sign anything. They just asked me if I wanted to do it, I said yes. Set and appointment for only lab. So at 10 weeks I literally just did four drops of blood on a sheet and was done. Then I go back tomorrow do results in conclusion with an ultrasound. They didn’t tell me test names, or mention sex at all. I wrote them via the patient portal so maybe tomorrow I’ll get to come back and report team pink or blue! 
    hmm I actually had to do the draw twice because the first time there wasn't enough fetal DNA in my blood.  The first time they took 4-5 vials the second time only two i'm not sure why.  Are you sure it was the NIPT?  I know the NT scan they will also draw your blood.  I had mine done yesterday, but I already cant remember if I signed anything haha
  • ashkee05 said:
    hmm I actually had to do the draw twice because the first time there wasn't enough fetal DNA in my blood.  The first time they took 4-5 vials the second time only two i'm not sure why.  Are you sure it was the NIPT?  I know the NT scan they will also draw your blood.  I had mine done yesterday, but I already cant remember if I signed anything haha
    That's odd. I did the NT scan when I was pregnant with my daughter and last week with this little one and they never drew my blood with either. Maybe it varies in different states?
  • I'm not sure, but this is my 3rd kiddo and they've always followed up my NT scan with a blood test.