December 2018 Moms
Options

Why my SO is Awesome 4/21

I know it’s a bit late in the day, but I hadn’t seen this started yet, and it’s listed as a Saturday one, so here we go! We can add to it throughout the week.

What’s amazing about your significant other? Tell us all about your great partner here! 

Re: Why my SO is Awesome 4/21

• Options
    Oh! Tonight DH sliced the avocado for our chili, put up the leftovers, AND shared his double chocolate chip cookie with me. 

It’s like he *knows* me :heart:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I came home from gardening with a friend this evening, and was surprised to see my SO busy cleaning. He cleaned the master bath, the dishes/kitchen, and did the laundry. Plus he put all the shoes & coats that pile up in the entryway back in the closet, so our place doesn’t look like a disaster when we open the front door. He’s also dutifully taken over cat litter responsibility without complaint. (The cat is “mine”). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He let me nap today. 

Twice.
  • Options
    Husband came home after working a very busy 8 hours and immediately took the toddler out for a fun neighborhood walk so I could get some exercise and then nap. Thank god, bc I needed the break!
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    He cut the grass and I only had to ask him once.  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He’s the best all the time. Last night I was tossing and turning so he asked if I was ok. I told him I felt sick so he got up and got me a glass of water in the middle of the night, which I was not willing to do for myself at all. It’s the little things. Also today he found me wallowing in a morning sickness pity party and said I needed to eat so he made me a sandwich, which, again, I would not do for myself.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    He's the best because he called, on his own, to get the car refinanced so we will have lower payments. This is a big deal for more reasons then i care to explain but, *tear* just know it means a lot.
  • Options
    I had walking pneumonia this past week. He took care of our son completely on his own, cooked, cleaned, and got me anything I needed. He did this all with a crazy work week with lots of meetings. He didn't complain at all and was just worried about me. I was so grateful for him this week!
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 same here with the cats being "mine". That's the one thing DH had been dreading when I got pregnant.

@lavenderlisa that's so great of him! It sounds like you're usually the one to call, that's how it is here and it's almost annoying sometimes that he won't call places.

I did absolutely nothing on Saturday. I felt like crap mentally and did not want to socialize or be near my toddler. I locked myself in our bedroom and DH was great about entertaining DS and even brought me lunch after sitting and listening to my crying about GD. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options

My DH has been amazing this weekend. Yesterday I felt like absolute garbage and DH made me an English muffin, let me take a nap, got DD's stuff ready for the week, and started helping me pack for our vacation (we leave next week). I feel so lucky to have him <3

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DH has been making me breakfast every morning and has been doing way more housework than usual! I'm exhausted all the time so I definitely appreciate it
  • Options
    @CecilB93 yass girl, i love him but getting him to call places is like pulling teeth....
  • Options
    My DH is just to me all around incredible he works 6 days a week to provide for us I had a bad night last night with vomiting etc and felt pretty miserable all today so after work he stopped in at the shops and picked up all my favourite snacks to surprise me with and tomorrow he's taking me to the movies to see the new avengers gotta love him 
  • Options
    I got a call from him that he wasn't feeling well yesterday and thought he ate something bad, he was puking and a mess. I felt terrible he didnt feel well and asked if he was pregnant. He said he would be sick the entire pregnancy if it meant I never had any morning sickness!
    Also, he has been cleaning the liter box. I met him when my cat was already 7 and he never wanted an indoor cat!
  • Options
    He’s really stepped up since morning sickness kicked in! As soon as he gets home, he takes the toddler and entertains him, cleans the house up, and makes sure I get some food in me. Today he went into work late because we had some errands to run so he made me and the little one lunch, cleaned the kitchen, and sent me off to take a nap! I think I’ll keep him a while longer  <3
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    H started reading “Dude, you’re gonna be a dad!” It said different foods that may help with nausea (crackers, ginger ale, lemons), and he went out and bought them all.  <3 
    He’s also just been generally supportive and reassuring which is great.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @katem987 That book is awesome! Glad your hubby is being so supportive.
  • Options
    DH went and bought me a BOB today from a BST on facebook. I had a jogging stroller before, but this is so much nicer. Kind of geeking out over here. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    LLynde5LLynde5 member
    Today my husband said “Laundry is a mans job”. *swoon*
  • Options
    AGK2015AGK2015 member
    My husband coordinated daycare pickup yesterday because I needed to stay late at work a bit; instead of going right home, he took the Nugget on an "adventure" and arranged to be out and about long enough that he could pick me up from the train station. I'm used to walking and don't mind it, but the skies were looking ominous so it was definitely nice not to have to worry about it.
  • Options
    I’ve been wanting a burger for two days, so last night mh went out of his way to get me one even though he wasn’t going to eat it, brought it home, and then went out to get himself something to eat. I apologized for making him do all that and he said, “Baby needs meat!”
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg