High-Risk Pregnancy

Estimated Weight

I'm a type 1 diabetic and have maintained a good A1c throughout pregnancy (5.1). At my 27 week ultrasound the baby was measuring 2 lbs 10 oz which is a little ahead. Just wondering if any of you moms out there had a similar weight estimate and for those of you that did and have already given birth what was their weight at birth. Husband and I both weighed over 8 lbs at birth so doctor said it's probably genetics! 

Re: Estimated Weight

• Hello and congratulations on your pregnancy And amazing A1c! I'm T1 as well and currently 24+3 in my second pregnancy. Although I don't recall the estimated weight at 27 weeks, DD was estimated at just over 7 lbs around 32-34 weeks (I don't remember the exact week). I delivered at 37+4 due to elevated BP and her birth weight was 8 lbs 12 oz. All I'm trying to say is that US estimates can be off and sometimes by a lot. Continuing to do the best you can with your BG and A1c is really all you can do to help prevent access growth (at least due to Diabetes).
  • I had gestational diabetes with my three previous pregnancies, the u/s was measuring my second baby at 12lbs 10oz the day before my c section and he was born weighing 8lbs 11oz they always say give or take a pound on u/s's but it was off by 4lbs for my second baby!